Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI - 10.4.3 was a smooth upgrade process, just like the other updates. Just needed to rebuild kexts and reboot after the process completed.

When you say "rebuild kexts" is that just flushing the kext cache and reboot?

Yeah I meant to say rebuild the kext cache.

Thanks for confirming! I thought that is what was meant but before updating wanted to make sure there wasn't something that needed to be done that I didn't know how to do.

The sound when using headphones is sometimes howled. Very unstable.

Last edited:
Hi everyone. Ordered a T440s and am pretty excited to hackintosh it for a friend. Got the BIOS flashing tools as well. This build is for my girlfriend since her design prof told her she needs a Mac to do all her work on. I'm trying to save her some $500-odd by hackintoshing.

I ordered a Broadcom BCM94352Z but I totally goofed. The form factor I got is apparently Mini PCI-e, not a M2. I didn't even check to make sure it was the right size when I ordered it, stupidly thinking that since it was the right Broadcom model that it would fit.

Now I am in a bind since the NGMM M2 sized chip is being sold for some outrageous prices online. Does anyone know of any other NGMM M2 sized wireless cards that play nice with MacOS? I've seen the DW1830 floating around on some recommendation posts, but I have also seen some posts where people claim only the bluetooth is working on their installs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Edit: attached is the card I got in the mail. I don't think it is Mini PCI-e since it is significantly smaller. It looks like it is M2, it just doesn't have the right cuts of a normal M2 A E slotted card...

Attachments

• 1549317767894.jpg
    1549317767894.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hi,
it tried to instal Mojave on my t440s as per Guid but it stuck always.
I attached my EFI and an picture.

thx

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0685.jpeg
    IMG_0685.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 93
Hi,
it tried to instal Mojave on my t440s as per Guid but it stuck always.
I attached my EFI and an picture.

thx
You have too many unneeded drivers in the drivers64UEFI folder.

The only ones you need for installation are:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageLoader-64.efi
AppleUISupport-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
VirtualSMC.efi
HFSPlus.efi

You have too many unneeded drivers in the drivers64UEFI folder.

The only ones you need for installation are:
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi
AppleImageLoader-64.efi
AppleUISupport-64.efi
AptioInputFix-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi
FSInject-64.efi
VirtualSMC.efi
HFSPlus.efi

thx for help but still same issue.

Hi everyone. Ordered a T440s and am pretty excited to hackintosh it for a friend. Got the BIOS flashing tools as well. This build is for my girlfriend since her design prof told her she needs a Mac to do all her work on. I'm trying to save her some $500-odd by hackintoshing.

I ordered a Broadcom BCM94352Z but I totally goofed. The form factor I got is apparently Mini PCI-e, not a M2. I didn't even check to make sure it was the right size when I ordered it, stupidly thinking that since it was the right Broadcom model that it would fit.

Now I am in a bind since the NGMM M2 sized chip is being sold for some outrageous prices online. Does anyone know of any other NGMM M2 sized wireless cards that play nice with MacOS? I've seen the DW1830 floating around on some recommendation posts, but I have also seen some posts where people claim only the bluetooth is working on their installs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Edit: attached is the card I got in the mail. I don't think it is Mini PCI-e since it is significantly smaller. It looks like it is M2, it just doesn't have the right cuts of a normal M2 A E slotted card...

There is a post where another user did just what you have done. He took the old card that he had removed and used it as a template to modify the new card to fit. I haven't tried it so can't provide any personal recommendation, but he seems to have been successful doing so.

And, by the way, it's not necessary to reprogram the bios using a bios dump. You can downgrade the bios using command line in Windows. Read the post here.

Last edited:
Will this guide works on T440 i5 4300U aswell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back