Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, i've followed the whole thread while installing Mojave on my T440s. I've managed to get audio working as well. Yet i'm having trouble getting the touchpad to work. I'm using the touchpad attached.

Are there any fixes to that?
What exactly is not working? And are you using VoodooPS2Controller.kext?

What exactly is not working? And are you using VoodooPS2Controller.kext?
Yup. I cannot use any gesture except scrolling (which is very slow and choppy) and two fingers up which is basically the same gesture :lolno:

EDIT: I also have a problem with sleep mode - it looks like it's going to sleep mode but when I lift the lid nothing happens - even when I push the power button. The only way to boot it up again is to hold the power button long enough for it to power off completely.

Last edited:
Yup. I cannot use any gesture except scrolling (which is very slow and choppy) and two fingers up which is basically the same gesture :lolno:
Its because this touchpad is detected as a PS/2 mouse. When it gets detected like this, you cannot use native gestures. Native gestures work only on Precision touchpads AFAIK. There's not much you can do in this regard.

Native gestures work only on Precision touchpads AFAIK. There's not much you can do in this regard.
Do you know if this replacement touchpad (from T450s) which works well with T440S would work better?
1547717772168.png

Do you know if this replacement touchpad (from T450s) which works well with T440S would work better?
I have it. It definitely works and feels better, but there's still no native gestures support.

Ok that's fine for the beginning,

1. Sound: I see the ALC3232.kext loaded and layout-id 2 injected in IOReg, so the problem should be around the DSDT Fixes, I enabled FixHPET so you can give a try and see if audio loads on next reboot.

2. MiniDP: I did make some changes to Framebuffer-con1 (switched to framebuffer-con1-alldata).
Test if MiniDP works now.

Also if you have VGA lying around, try to give a try to VGA port if it works.

Attached you find the changed config.plist.
The VGA worked flawlessly.

I still cannot use the sleep mode - it goes to sleep with no way of waking up. I've attached the logs. Also the mouse scroll is very slow even when I changed the ScrollResolution.

Attachments

• debug_11063.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
@RehabMan can you lend me a hand here? I'm stuck with a sleepless laptop :(

FYI - 10.4.3 was a smooth upgrade process, just like the other updates. Just needed to rebuild kexts and reboot after the process completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back