Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure thanks, the issues are the following:
- wake from sleep doesn't work, the laptop goes to sleep but won't turn back by pressing buttons and/or power button;
- the battery indicator in the menu bar states battery as "needs to be replaced" and the charge in fact seems to last less than before (a couple of days ago);

As mentioned before, when installing I followed the guide, and everything was working fine, waking from sleep, etc.

Your profile is missing hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Your profile is missing hardware details.
Please fix as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Updated my profile. Also, here's the system report of the battery.
Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 17.12.34.png
Screenshot 2018-12-22 at 17.12.57.png

EDIT:

Solved the battery issue, swapping out the external battery, booting with only the internal and then rebooting with both of them. Now the percentage is correct, and doesn't say "replace soon".

Wake from sleep still doesn't work.

Last edited:
ScrollResolution is an option you can find inside the .plist file for the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I don't believe the kext file is defining these properties.

I did try and dig into the procedures on how to use either Maciasl, Clover or plain old unix (using again the various tutorials by Rehabman) to change scrolling settings on the T450s trackpad that found a home in my T440s, but wasn't comfortable enough to start hardcore messing with this (thanks for all the warnings and straight-up honesty). I also tried directly changing the Info.plist within the trackpad folder of VoodooPS2Controller.kext directly, but that didn't work, in fact stopped my touchpad from working altogether at one point.

So, for those perhaps equally uncomfortable (or suffering similar time constraints) with going the route of editing .asml and or .dsl files (forgive the simplistic phrasing) just to change the scrolling behavior of your touchpad, perhaps this is a solution: https://www.marcmoini.com/sx_en.html.

I am trying this out currently in its evaluation mode, and its like night and day scrolling through websites, Finder, you name it. Close to macbook pro touchpad functionality on my current build. The $14 for a personal copy may just be worth it... FYI if you do check this out: for me, the "Scroll wheel+" tab in this preference pane actually seems to accomplish the changes, not the "Multi-touch+" pane. I haven't touched anything else yet.

I did try and dig into the procedures on how to use either Maciasl, Clover or plain old unix (using again the various tutorials by Rehabman) to change scrolling settings on the T450s trackpad that found a home in my T440s, but wasn't comfortable enough to start hardcore messing with this (thanks for all the warnings and straight-up honesty). I also tried directly changing the Info.plist within the trackpad folder of VoodooPS2Controller.kext directly, but that didn't work, in fact stopped my touchpad from working altogether at one point.

So, for those perhaps equally uncomfortable (or suffering similar time constraints) with going the route of editing .asml and or .dsl files (forgive the simplistic phrasing) just to change the scrolling behavior of your touchpad, perhaps this is a solution: https://www.marcmoini.com/sx_en.html.

I am trying this out currently in its evaluation mode, and its like night and day scrolling through websites, Finder, you name it. Close to macbook pro touchpad functionality on my current build. The $14 for a personal copy may just be worth it... FYI if you do check this out: for me, the "Scroll wheel+" tab in this preference pane actually seems to accomplish the changes, not the "Multi-touch+" pane. I haven't touched anything else yet.
I'm quite happy with the trackpad on my T440s, but this software looks interesting, so I might still check it out. Thanks for the update.

I finally have been successful with initial installation with Mojave using the guide on page 13 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440s.244798/page-13#post-1823234 - thanks Sniki and Rehabman!) and had some significant issues booting from the SSD, so I'm posting this to provide some avenues for exploration for others who might encounter the same problem that I was having and how I overcame it.

Booting from Clover USB using Rehabman's Clover build was no trouble at all, installed Mojave onto the SSD without incident and everything seemed to proceed as expected, until I attempted to boot from the SSD. The boot would hang or enter a boot loop. Booting from the Clover install on the USB and selecting the SSD installation at the Clover screen worked perfectly.

I formatted the SSD a couple of times thinking the issue might be something related to the installation, but the same behavior exhibited itself every time.

Ultimately, I mounted the EFI partition ( in terminal, typed "diskutil list" to find the proper identifier for the EFI partition, and then "sudo diskutil mount disk1s1" to mount that partition - your identifier may be different) and replaced the EFI folder on the SSD with the one that was successfully booting on the USB. Restarted without the USB in and successfully reached the desktop.

I still have some troubleshooting to do and the kexts to install, but the computer boots and is stable.

Last edited:
After a day of testing, it appears that I have a couple of issues that I could use some help on. I have no sound devices (either input or output) and after reading through the various threads there seems to be a known issue with audio and Mojave.

UPDATE: See post below for the solution to the issue for my install.

Last edited:
SUCCESS!

I'm posting this so that if someone else is running into this issue they may be able to try what finally worked for me. I'm currently running 10.14.2.

After spending the last couple of days trying to figure out the audio issue, I booted into the BIOS just to confirm my settings, and noticed that the fingerprint scanner was "Enabled." I disabled the fingerprint scanner and restarted, and "viola!" All sound works. I have internal speakers and mic working and the combo port works as it should. Volume is lower than what I would like on the speakers and much lower than on Windows on this computer, but it's working.

I can only assume that somehow the fingerprint reader was interfering with the audio.

I'm using a default install as outlined on Sniki's Mojave quick guide, located here.

Hi,
I am using Lenovo T440.
I'm following the steps and after booting on USB, I am able to initiate MAC install.
I see the apple Logo but it hangs after the load is complete.

Have tried many different things, but it ends up here always.

If I use Verbose mode, the file copy does not start. The screen output is attached.

Can you please suggest what could be going wrong ?

Attachments

• bootup.png
    bootup.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2136.JPG
    IMG_2136.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 64
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.