Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please use gen_debug.sh (because you forgot some things, and gen_debug.sh will not let you forget).

@RehabMan Finally managed to get this, sorry it took so long. I had to wait a few days for the problem to reoccur so I could capture the problem reporting files. When it did the laptop had been online for more than a day so gen_debug was refusing to export the files as the Clover captures were more than a day old. I edited the script so I would include the old clover outputs regardless and carry on building the problem reporting files.

Just before I made the capture I tried to perform an About this Mac, Sleep, Shutdown and Restart in the hope that there is some error message in the logs to explain why these functions are failing.

When reminding people about forgotten Problem Reporting files, it's might be easier to give the direct link to gen_debug https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/ as the FAQ link has a lot of other info plus all the manual steps first, so a user may never get to the gen_debug part.

Thanks and let me know if there's anything more I can provide. It's quite inconvenient when I need to go somewhere but I can't put the laptop to sleep. I don't want to have it overheat in my bag, so have to send a halt via the terminal. The fact that About This Mac also fails at the same point leads me to think it's not a driver issue, but hopefully you can shed some light on it.

Thanks again :)

Attachments

• debug_28738.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
@RehabMan Finally managed to get this, sorry it took so long. I had to wait a few days for the problem to reoccur so I could capture the problem reporting files. When it did the laptop had been online for more than a day so gen_debug was refusing to export the files as the Clover captures were more than a day old. I edited the script so I would include the old clover outputs regardless and carry on building the problem reporting files.

Just before I made the capture I tried to perform an About this Mac, Sleep, Shutdown and Restart in the hope that there is some error message in the logs to explain why these functions are failing.

When reminding people about forgotten Problem Reporting files, it's might be easier to give the direct link to gen_debug https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/tool-generate-proper-problem-reporting-files.235953/ as the FAQ link has a lot of other info plus all the manual steps first, so a user may never get to the gen_debug part.

Thanks and let me know if there's anything more I can provide. It's quite inconvenient when I need to go somewhere but I can't put the laptop to sleep. I don't want to have it overheat in my bag, so have to send a halt via the terminal. The fact that About This Mac also fails at the same point leads me to think it's not a driver issue, but hopefully you can shed some light on it.

Thanks again :)

Maybe you should try with FakeSMC.kext instead of VirtualSMC.kext.

Create a folder on desktop called kexts
Add/Copy all the Pre-Installation & Post-Installation kexts into the folder we created called Kexts

Open Terminal & write the following commands:
Code:
cd desktop/Kexts
sudo cp -R *.kexts /Library/Extensions
Then we rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Hey there's a typo in the terminal command, *.kexts.

So, I successfully installed Mojave on my T440S and everything was going smooth, aside from Wi-Fi, as the Broadcom card wasn't arrived yet.

Fast forward to yesterday, the card arrived, I installed and yeah Wi-Fi works as well as Bluetooth, but now it seems I have a problem with power management: the battery is now indicated as "needs to be replaced" and wake from sleep does not work anymore. Anyone?

Also, the trackpad really is nearly unusable for me, even after messing around with the settings as per the other posts.

Debug file attached.

Attachments

• debug_29945.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
So, I successfully installed Mojave on my T440S and everything was going smooth, aside from Wi-Fi, as the Broadcom card wasn't arrived yet.

Fast forward to yesterday, the card arrived, I installed and yeah Wi-Fi works as well as Bluetooth, but now it seems I have a problem with power management: the battery is now indicated as "needs to be replaced" and wake from sleep does not work anymore. Anyone?

Also, the trackpad really is nearly unusable for me, even after messing around with the settings as per the other posts.

Debug file attached.

Did you do an EC reset?

Did you do an EC reset?

Tried that, to no avail. From what I understand macOS doesn't see the internal battery, as the percentage in the macOS menu bar reflects the external battery percentage stated in Windows, not an average of the 2 (what I would expect).

Windows correctly sees both batteries with respective percentage.

Tried that, to no avail. From what I understand macOS doesn't see the internal battery, as the percentage in the macOS menu bar reflects the external battery percentage stated in Windows, not an average of the 2 (what I would expect).

Windows correctly sees both batteries with respective percentage.

Multiple batteries must be combined to a single power source using SSDT-BATC derived code.

Multiple batteries must be combined to a single power source using SSDT-BATC derived code.

Yeah, I mean, I used the .aml file provided in the repo linked in the guide, and it was working fine until I changed the Wi-Fi card.

Yeah, I mean, I used the .aml file provided in the repo linked in the guide, and it was working fine until I changed the Wi-Fi card.

Your ioreg shows battery status working.
You will need to provide details on your issue.

Your ioreg shows battery status working.
You will need to provide details on your issue.

Sure thanks, the issues are the following:
- wake from sleep doesn't work, the laptop goes to sleep but won't turn back by pressing buttons and/or power button;
- the battery indicator in the menu bar states battery as "needs to be replaced" and the charge in fact seems to last less than before (a couple of days ago);

As mentioned before, when installing I followed the guide, and everything was working fine, waking from sleep, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back