Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki and @RehabMan;
wanted to say thanks for all the efforts on this front. Just finished installing macOS Mojave 10.14.2 on a T440s with the following specs in case that helps anyone else:

Lenovo T440s
i7-4600U, 2.1 GHz
1600x900 resolution display
4Gb base memory
256 SSD

This machine came with a standard T440s touchpad in place whilst installing, which worked horribly (and I am not just talking about the mechanics of it), so I just replaced it with a T450s touchpad, which works beautifully at the moment.

Other than that, all I changed was the config.plist file's #Screenresolution setting in accordance with above specs.
Installation took a long time, but sticking to the combined instructions (see links etc. in the October 6th 2018 (#128) posting) seems to have paid off. Wifi/Bluetooth is non-functional at the moment, but that is because the original wifi card is still in there, I was too lazy to go through the BIOS mod procedure/wifi card purchase. Everything else tested so far works, including VGA port connectivity.

@Sniki and @RehabMan;
wanted to say thanks for all the efforts on this front. Just finished installing macOS Mojave 10.14.2 on a T440s with the following specs in case that helps anyone else:

Lenovo T440s
i7-4600U, 2.1 GHz
1600x900 resolution display
4Gb base memory
256 SSD

This machine came with a standard T440s touchpad in place whilst installing, which worked horribly (and I am not just talking about the mechanics of it), so I just replaced it with a T450s touchpad, which works beautifully at the moment.

Other than that, all I changed was the config.plist file's #Screenresolution setting in accordance with above specs.
Installation took a long time, but sticking to the combined instructions (see links etc. in the October 6th 2018 (#128) posting) seems to have paid off. Wifi/Bluetooth is non-functional at the moment, but that is because the original wifi card is still in there, I was too lazy to go through the BIOS mod procedure/wifi card purchase. Everything else tested so far works, including VGA port connectivity.
Remember, you do not need to mod the buos to remove the whitelist, read some pages back for more info.

FYI, updated my machine to 10.14.2 successfully (same process as 10.14.1, needed to rebuild kext cache for audio).

Remember, you do not need to mod the buos to remove the whitelist, read some pages back for more info.

Thanks for that (pg. 22 of this thread you mean right?) !
But I suppose this only works if you still have Windows running? I got rid of that when I installed Mojave :)

Thanks for that (pg. 22 of this thread you mean right?) !
But I suppose this only works if you still have Windows running? I got rid of that when I installed Mojave :)
It would probably be easier to throw in a spare HDD and run Windows 10 on it just for the whitelist BIOS, so you don't have to flash your own with custom hardware.

@Sniki The touchscreen is working perfectly with your changes.

Unfortunately it looks like changing that value you mentioned in the KBD DSL file didn't change the two finger scroll speed. @RehabMan do you know which value I should change/override to make the two finger scrolling a bit "faster"?

Maybe @jcsnider would know which value I need to change? :)

EDIT: Sorry everyone for the tags - I figured it out. "ScrollResolution" is the property to change. The lower the number, the "faster" the scrolling. I figured it out just by playing around with some different values.

Also, I'd like to report alc_fix is still necessary on Mojave to fix the Line-In/Internal Microphone detection after sleep mode. But I'm happy to report the fix in the first post is still working just fine.

Thanks again everyone for contributions to this project.

Dear CoBrA2168,
Is there any chance you might detail how you do this? That is, how you actually use the SSDT-T440S.aml file in Sniki's repository to change the "ScrollResolution"? I am finding out that my touchpad is scrolling too slow as well. There seems to be too much "drag" on it sometimes as well (I am assuming the two are related), so that my finger movements are not even registered properly. Perhaps I am so used to the macbook pro trackpad being super-sensitive that I don't use enough force... Anyway, I'd like to experiment with the ScrollResolution to see if this affects the behavior.

thanks for any information.
RJS

Dear CoBrA2168,
Is there any chance you might detail how you do this? That is, how you actually use the SSDT-T440S.aml file in Sniki's repository to change the "ScrollResolution"? I am finding out that my touchpad is scrolling too slow as well. There seems to be too much "drag" on it sometimes as well (I am assuming the two are related), so that my finger movements are not even registered properly. Perhaps I am so used to the macbook pro trackpad being super-sensitive that I don't use enough force... Anyway, I'd like to experiment with the ScrollResolution to see if this affects the behavior.

RJS

I did an experiment and used MaciASL to edit the .aml file. Backup the file and search with cmd+f for the string "ScrollResolution". The value is in hexadecimal, I set the following values to 0x012C: "ScrollResolution", "BogusDeltaThreshY" and "BogusDeltaThreshX".

It's not perfect but I feel it's a step in the right direction. I don't think the trackpad is so bad, under Windows 10 the scrolling is really good (not as good as a Mac, but still), so it should be only a problem of configuration and finding the right values.

I've also tried to change the "BugusDeltaThreshY" and "X" because I feel that the trackpad is too strict when ignoring touches, I don't know if this is the right value to change though.

Last edited:
Dear CoBrA2168,

RJS
ScrollResolution is an option you can find inside the .plist file for the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I don't believe the kext file is defining these properties.

ScrollResolution is an option you can find inside the .plist file for the VoodooPS2Controller.kext. I don't believe the kext file is defining these properties.

All VoodooPS2Controller.kext Info.plist configuration items can be overridden with ACPI.
Refer to *.dsl in the github project for examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back