Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://support.lenovo.com/fi/en/solutions/pd027981

This is the dock I have. So:
  • 1x DisplayPort 1.2 (Exclusive use with DVI-D)
  • 1x DVI-D (Exclusive use with DisplayPort)
  • 1x VGA
  • 1x Stereo/Mic Combo Audio Port
When headphones are connected the speakers mute but no audio.

Can't test display outs currently. I could test the mDP with an active HDMI adapter if that's helpful.

Scroll speed? I'd say 2.5-3.0x might be good for me. A full vertical two finger scroll moves content about 150-200px for me so very slow.
Thanks, i will quote you there when i'm ready with time & data to provide you testing files.

I noticed that the battery percent is not updated unless i hide the percent and then show it again. This is after removing from dock. I'll try to reboot as a fix.

edit: fixed by reboot. Then, after some time on battery power the charge level went from 35% to 5% very quickly.

I noticed that the battery percent is not updated unless i hide the percent and then show it again. This is after removing from dock. I'll try to reboot as a fix.

edit: fixed by reboot. Then, after some time on battery power the charge level went from 35% to 5% very quickly.
Do you have Trim patch enabled ?
If you have SSD it is a known problem with Trim enable on APFS file system, disable trim patch and see if the behavior improves.
If you still have same issues, delete VirtualSMC.kext, SMCProcessor.kext, SMCBatteryManager.kext & SMCLightSensor.kext

Instead try FakeSMC.kext, FakeSMC_ACPIsensors.kext, FakeSMC_CPUSensors, FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext & ACPIBattery Manager.kext
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-FakeSMC-kozlek
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver

Install kexts & Rebuilt caches like mentioned on the Mojave Quick guide (also make sure to delete VirtualSMC.kext and the other SMC kext plugins from EFI/Clover/kexts/other and delete EFI/Clover/Drivers64UEFI/ virtualsmc.efi and add smchelper-64.efi.)
And also add into (EFI/Clover/kexts/other the FakeSMC.kext & ACPIBatteryManager.kext).

You didn't provide the full set of problem reporting files.
Kextcache is missing.

Carefully attach all the requested files, use the script as it should make it easier for you to not forget something.
These are the debug files created with the script.

Attachments

• debug_28524.zip
    2 MB · Views: 69
These are the debug files created with the script.
Are you using the ALC3232.kext included on the github Repository ?
If not, use that one instead.
If you are using that one, try booting without caches and open terminal and rebuild caches one more time:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and see if it works after.

Are you using the ALC3232.kext included on the github Repository ?
If not, use that one instead.
If you are using that one, try booting without caches and open terminal and rebuild caches one more time:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and see if it works after.
Ok great, it works now.
I booted without caches, rebuilt caches and rebooted, and sound is working now.
Thank you Sniki !

Ok great, it works now.
I booted without caches, rebuilt caches and rebooted, and sound is working now.
Thank you Sniki !
Glad you got it fixed, Enjoy !

My install seems to have developed a strange problem. After a few days of uptime Shutdown, Restart, Sleep and About This Mac do northing. I can select them from the menu but they have no effect. I thought it might be a menu bar problem though but
sudo killall -KILL SystemUIServer doesn't fix it.

I can still shut the computer down from terminal with halt. And after a fresh restart all of these functions work correctly. Any suggestions?

My install seems to have developed a strange problem. After a few days of uptime Shutdown, Restart, Sleep and About This Mac do northing. I can select them from the menu but they have no effect. I thought it might be a menu bar problem though but
sudo killall -KILL SystemUIServer doesn't fix it.

I can still shut the computer down from terminal with halt. And after a fresh restart all of these functions work correctly. Any suggestions?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

I'm not sure problem reporting files will help, I don't think it's a driver issue and everything is currently working fine. I'll wait until it happens again and then create the problem reporting files as I restarted last night and everything is currently working perfectly.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back