Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki any updates on the full guide? Let me know if it's posted in the Mojave forum and I'll do a run through for you. Cheers
Not yet, i can't give any specific time as it all depends if time allows me to.
Tonight/tomorrow is what i aim but ofc if time allows.

@Sniki any updates on the full guide? Let me know if it's posted in the Mojave forum and I'll do a run through for you. Cheers
FYI, basically everything you need for a 100% install on Mojave is in this thread (start on page 13 with @Sniki post)

Just working through install now. Trying to use the latest Clover (v2.4k r4722) but the following drivers indicated as required by @Sniki are missing:

AppleImageLoader-64
AppleUISupport-64

I've checked under FileVault2 menu and they arent there either.

EDIT: I proceeded without the 2 above items and everything seems to be working so far :). Sleep, HDMI+Sound, VGA.
I think those 2 drivers might be specific to FileVault2 and I'm not using encryption.

Only thing I noticed which seems off is About this Mac is reporting my memory as 16GB, when it should be 12GB. Not sure if this is going to be an issue when the memory starts getting full?

Also these laptops have 2 batteries, I presume that macOS only has the capacity to report the status of 1 so the DSDT has been configured to report the removable battery?

Tomorrow at work I'll have the chance to plug it into the dock. My dock has about 4 USB devices connected as well as DVI and VGA monitors. Is this likely to be an issue?

Thanks for the great work so far by everyone on this thread :)

EDIT2: Just tried with my dock. I have 2 monitors connected to it, VGA + DVI. When I connect to the dock the VGA + DVI monitors are recognised as 1 display, mirroring the same thing. If I remove the VGA cable from dock and connect to the internal VGA port it isn't recognised and stays black. If I reconnect the VGA to the dock and then disconnect the DVI from the dock and connect it via a miniDP-DVI adapter to the internal miniDP port then everything works as expected.

EDIT3: Some issues I've found:
1) When the display goes to sleep (on power with dock connected) the computer restarts then has a kernel panic. This has been worked around by telling it never to sleep the display when plugged in.
2) There is a lot of distortion and screen flickering with DVI monitor connected via the miniDP to DVI adapter. However the display is perfect when connected to the DVI port on the dock. This means I can only run 1 external display at the moment (as DVI+VGA are mirrored), so if there is a fix to recognise dock DVI and VGA as independent displays that would be a great help.
3) The range on my bluetooth headphones seems to have gone down to about 30cm. Anything more and it breaks up. Wifi seems to be working fine though. When I connected the new wireless card I crossed wires over so the black and white arrows corresponded to the old card. Not sure if there are separate antennas for wifi and bluetooth?
4) Plugged in wired headphones, they are detected but just white noise and distortion.

Last edited:
Hi,

I've attached problem reporting files taken at the point where VGA and DVI monitors were connected to the dock and identified as a single display both showing the same thing. If it's possible to have these 2 ports recognised as separate displays that would be really helpful.

Crash on sleep when dock connected and headphone jack fixes would also be nice to have.

Here's a pic of how I've connected the antennas to the new wireless card vs how they were connected to the original card. I crossed them over on the new card so that the arrow colours corresponded to the original setup. Wondering if this could be the cause of the poor range on my bluetooth?

EDIT: I've since swapped the wires over so they aren't crossed and the bluetooth works properly now :)
The above mentioned crash on sleep with dock connected also happens if I shutdown with the dock connected

EDIT2: As a work-around to the screen issue I've found that using a miniDP to HDMI adapter then an HDMI to DVI adapter for my DVI monitor, then plugging VGA into the dock works as intended. If we can get the rear DVI port working independently it would be nice though. Any suggestions on how to go about that?

EDIT3: Did a bit more experimenting regarding the shut down/sleep crash with the dock connected. It happens if I have a VGA monitor connected to the dock, but does not happen when no monitors are connected to the dock. So seems to be related to the docks monitor ports.

newcard.jpg wirelesscards.jpg

Attachments

• Beakster.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Good day, I have a Lenovo T440 i3. Established according to your instruction 10.14 Mojeve. Everything worked except sound. When building a cache of kext, they all go into error. There is a sound icon, but it is not active. What from where what logs show to understand what is wrong?

So the wires should be the exact opposite of your picture?

Hi,

EDIT: I've since swapped the wires over so they aren't crossed and the bluetooth works properly now :)
The above mentioned crash on sleep with dock connected also happens if I shutdown with the dock connected

EDIT2: As a work-around to the screen issue I've found that using a miniDP to HDMI adapter then an HDMI to DVI adapter for my DVI monitor, then plugging VGA into the dock works as intended. If we can get the rear DVI port working independently it would be nice though. Any suggestions on how to go about that?

View attachment 360681 View attachment 360682

@Sniki

I've just been prompted to update to 10.14.1. When updates like these come, what is the correct course of action to update properly to the latest version?

So the wires should be the exact opposite of your picture?

Hi NadTheVlad. I have my wires the opposite of the picture now yes. So they are going to their closest sockets, and everything seems to be working fine. When they were crossed over the wifi was fine but I had bluetooth problems. However, this might have been because one of the connectors wasn't seated correctly. In all honesty I don't fully understand the difference between main and aux antennas, but currently both wifi and bluetooth seem to be working fine with the wires in the opposite configuration to pictured.

For those interested, I updated to 10.14.1 without issues.

Update to 10.14.1 using System Preferences->Software Update. When the laptop restarts, boot into the macOS installer option two times to update to 10.14.1. After that you can boot in normal macOS. You will lose audio - to fix this I did the following.

1) I rebuilt the kextcache
2) Downloaded the latest prebuilt .aml from @Sniki's repo and placed it in CLOVER/ACPI/Patched
3) Installed the alc fix using the instructions in the OP

When the laptop restarts, boot into the macOS installer option two times to update to 10.14.1.

Thanks for being the pioneer on this update Fobos531 :). I'm a bit confused by your instructions though. You installed the update from Software Update and as it was installing it restarted the machine? What do you mean by "boot into the macOS installer option two times". Do you mean we need to boot the USB Stick we created to install Mojave?
Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back