Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will fix that for you tonight or tomorrow, i will send you a testing SSDT-T440.aml so you can send me an ioreg so i can see where it is attached to, if i recall correctly it was assigned to a EH01 port, or if you can find the post where you used to send me problem reporting files for that i can fix it right away for you.
Thank you for helping.

I went back and looked at my SSDT for USB injection, and it looks like it is the same as yours except for an extra entry for HUB1 and EH01. I can't remember which is for the touchscreen, but I also remember I kept both of those for a reason...I just can't remember exactly why. So I'm wondering if we should re-add both entries? I've attached my old SSDT-UIAC for you to look at.

Alternatively, I could fork your project and make the changes on my end, and then just generate a new, single SSDT.aml file for my specific use case.

One last question: what is the best way to change the two-finger scroll speed for the trackpad? Should I edit the VoodooPS2Controller kext plist or change something in the SSDT?

Thanks again!

EDIT: I also can confirm, Mini-DP to HDMI is working (with audio as well). VGA port is working too, which I was never able to get working before!!

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    580 bytes · Views: 190
Last edited:
I went back and looked at my SSDT for USB injection, and it looks like it is the same as yours except for an extra entry for HUB1 and EH01. I can't remember which is for the touchscreen, but I also remember I kept both of those for a reason...I just can't remember exactly why. So I'm wondering if we should re-add both entries? I've attached my old SSDT-UIAC for you to look at.
Added TouchScreen Support on SSDT-USB.dsl
Rebuilt SSDT-T440S.aml with support for TouchScreen.

One last question: what is the best way to change the two-finger scroll speed for the trackpad? Should I edit the VoodooPS2Controller kext plist or change something in the SSDT?
You can try to play with values on SSDT-KBD.dsl on my repo, that's where the SSDT Override is set for TrackPad.
Maybe @RehabMan can point you on which value you should edit.
Code:
 // Overrides (the example data here is default in the Info.plist)
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "Synaptics TouchPad", Package()
            {
                "BogusDeltaThreshX", 800,
                "BogusDeltaThreshY", 800,
                "Clicking", ">y",
                "DragLockTempMask", 0x40004,
                "DynamicEWMode", ">n",
                "FakeMiddleButton", ">n",
                "HWResetOnStart", ">y",
                //"ForcePassThrough", ">y",
                //"SkipPassThrough", ">y",
                "PalmNoAction When Typing", ">y",
                "ScrollResolution", 800,
                "SmoothInput", ">y",
                "UnsmootInput", ">y",
                "Thinkpad", ">y",
                "EdgeBottom", 0,
                "FingerZ", 30,
                "MaxTapTime", 100000000,
                "MouseMultiplierX", 2,
                "MouseMultiplierY", 2,
                "MouseScrollMultiplierX", 2,
                "MouseScrollMultiplierY", 2,
                //"TrackpointScrollYMultiplier", 1, //Change this value to 0xFFFF in order to inverse the vertical scroll direction of the Trackpoint when holding the middle mouse button.
                //"TrackpointScrollXMultiplier", 1, //Change this value to 0xFFFF in order to inverse the horizontal scroll direction of the Trackpoint when holding the middle mouse button.
            },

I think it should be the ( "MouseScrollMultiplierY", 2 ) value, I might be wrong.

Added TouchScreen Support on SSDT-USB.dsl
Rebuilt SSDT-T440S.aml with support for TouchScreen.

You can try to play with values on SSDT-KBD.dsl on my repo, that's where the SSDT Override is set for TrackPad.
Maybe @RehabMan can point you on which value you should edit.
Code:
 // Overrides (the example data here is default in the Info.plist)
        Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "Synaptics TouchPad", Package()
            {
                "BogusDeltaThreshX", 800,
                "BogusDeltaThreshY", 800,
                "Clicking", ">y",
                "DragLockTempMask", 0x40004,
                "DynamicEWMode", ">n",
                "FakeMiddleButton", ">n",
                "HWResetOnStart", ">y",
                //"ForcePassThrough", ">y",
                //"SkipPassThrough", ">y",
                "PalmNoAction When Typing", ">y",
                "ScrollResolution", 800,
                "SmoothInput", ">y",
                "UnsmootInput", ">y",
                "Thinkpad", ">y",
                "EdgeBottom", 0,
                "FingerZ", 30,
                "MaxTapTime", 100000000,
                "MouseMultiplierX", 2,
                "MouseMultiplierY", 2,
                "MouseScrollMultiplierX", 2,
                "MouseScrollMultiplierY", 2,
                //"TrackpointScrollYMultiplier", 1, //Change this value to 0xFFFF in order to inverse the vertical scroll direction of the Trackpoint when holding the middle mouse button.
                //"TrackpointScrollXMultiplier", 1, //Change this value to 0xFFFF in order to inverse the horizontal scroll direction of the Trackpoint when holding the middle mouse button.
            },

I think it should be the ( "MouseScrollMultiplierY", 2 ) value, I might be wrong.
Thank you for the quick fix! I'm going to try it out now. However, before I do, I'll probably just compile my own AML file with all of your DSL files so I can test changing the scroll speed.

@Sniki The touchscreen is working perfectly with your changes.

Unfortunately it looks like changing that value you mentioned in the KBD DSL file didn't change the two finger scroll speed. @RehabMan do you know which value I should change/override to make the two finger scrolling a bit "faster"?

Maybe @jcsnider would know which value I need to change? :)

EDIT: Sorry everyone for the tags - I figured it out. "ScrollResolution" is the property to change. The lower the number, the "faster" the scrolling. I figured it out just by playing around with some different values.

Also, I'd like to report alc_fix is still necessary on Mojave to fix the Line-In/Internal Microphone detection after sleep mode. But I'm happy to report the fix in the first post is still working just fine.

Thanks again everyone for contributions to this project.

Last edited:
EDIT: Sorry everyone for the tags - I figured it out. "ScrollResolution" is the property to change. The lower the number, the "faster" the scrolling. I figured it out just by playing around with some different values.
What value did you use, im curious to know if it is really slow by default so we can increase it by default or it was just a matter of personal scroll speed preference.

What value did you use, im curious to know if it is really slow by default so we can increase it by default or it was just a matter of personal scroll speed preference.
I think it's just personal preference. The value it was set at (800) wasn't terribly slow, I just like it a bit faster. I changed mine to 300 I believe. It might be a little too fast though - 400 might be the sweet spot.

@Sniki My Wifi card arrived today so I'm all ready to go. If you have the Mojave guide I'd be happy to go through it start to finish and give feedback. :)

Edit: If it's still a work in progress is there something I can follow in the mean time to get an install done? I'm a bit confused about what I do inbetween your pre and post install instructions, I haven't done an install since 10.7. I've got a High Sierra Vm to use for the install. Is there a generic install guide for Mojave that's compatible with your customisations?

Last edited:
@Sniki My Wifi card arrived today so I'm all ready to go. If you have the Mojave guide I'd be happy to go through it start to finish and give feedback. :)

Edit: If it's still a work in progress is there something I can follow in the mean time to get an install done? I'm a bit confused about what I do inbetween your pre and post install instructions, I haven't done an install since 10.7. I've got a High Sierra Vm to use for the install. Is there a generic install guide for Mojave that's compatible with your customisations?
Here is a quick guide, i will post Mojave Guides this weekend.

This quick guide should be enough to finnish installation and the rest

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440s.244798/page-13#post-1823234

Here is a quick guide, i will post Mojave Guides this weekend.

This quick guide should be enough to finnish installation and the rest

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440s.244798/page-13#post-1823234

Thanks Sniki, I'll run through your guide once it's up. In the mean time, for the quick guide, can you point me to another guide which covers what to do inbetween your Preinstall and Postinstall steps? Is this the guide to use for that part? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-create-a-macos-mojave-public-beta-installation-usb.254626/

Last edited:
Followed the instructions as above. Got a very early problem in that when I boot my USB I don't see any boot options so I can't get past the bootloader. Here's the folders on the USB. Have I missed a step?

Code:
Admins-Mac:Install macOS Mojave admin$ ls
Applications            Library
EFI                System
EFI-Backups            boot
Install macOS Mojave.app    usr
Admins-Mac:Install macOS Mojave admin$ ls EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi    DataHubDxe-64.efi    VirtualSmc.efi
AppleImageLoader-64.efi    FSInject-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi    HFSPlus.efi
Admins-Mac:Install macOS Mojave admin$ ls EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
AirportBrcmFixup.kext        SMCProcessor.kext