Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Github will allow me to fork multiple repos that are both based on Rehabman's. Instead of the (preferred) pull requests I posted my solution (simply add 2 lines of code) in the following Github issue. I simply wanted to verify my fix before doing so :)

https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/14
Great, based on that conversation, it looks like tluck has already incorporated those changes into his branch.

Thanks again for fixing this for us! If you (or anyone else) runs into any other issues with our similar machines, be sure to loop me in since I might be able to help in the future. That is, whenever I get free time to mess around with this project again, which is hopefully soon.

I could look into the features requested by @Sniki above, whenever I do find the time.

It sounds like the other features can just be stolen from Syscl's fork. I am going to look more closely into why passthru needs to be forced (is not being detected) and maybe merging the trackpoint code from tlucks repo into rehabmans as cleanly as possible.

It sounds like the other features can just be stolen from Syscl's fork. I am going to look more closely into why passthru needs to be forced (is not being detected) and maybe merging the trackpoint code from tlucks repo into rehabmans as cleanly as possible.
That's good to hear. I saw your issue on Rehabman's branch of the kext. If you can manage to get everything working on the main branch for our laptops, that would be fantastic.

Does your laptop have the 3-button trackpad? I did a diff of VoodooPS2SynapticsTouchPad.cpp from both tluck and Rehabman's branches, and noticed that there is some additional logic in tluck's branch regarding the 3 buttons. I'm not sure if that's something that can be easily integrated into the main kext without breaking things for other users.

I am going to look more closely into why passthru needs to be forced (is not being detected) and maybe merging the trackpoint code from tlucks repo into rehabmans as cleanly as possible.
Make sure to find a way on adding the 3 Physical Buttons as well.
With Rehabman’s fork of VoodooPS2Controller if im correct all the buttons work as right click.
So we have to add the left click button code and the middle button as open new tab on click and as scroll when we hold it and used the trackpoint for scrolling.

I do have a Thinkpad with the three physical buttons. I will implement that code in such a way that it only runs on our devices and those buttons work. Stay tuned :)

Okay I think I've done about all the damage I can do. I believe I have taken the minimum amount of code from tlucks repo required to make Rehabmans kext support Thinkpads. I am opening up a pull request now, but I'd love if you all (@CoBrA2168 @Sniki) could give this kext a try and let me know if it works well.

I'm attaching the kext and my code can be found here:
https://github.com/jcsnider/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Thanks!

Attachments

• jcsnider-VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    312.7 KB · Views: 200
Okay I think I've done about all the damage I can do. I believe I have taken the minimum amount of code from tlucks repo required to make Rehabmans kext support Thinkpads. I am opening up a pull request now, but I'd love if you all (@CoBrA2168 @Sniki) could give this kext a try and let me know if it works well.

Thanks!
Got it installed, and after just a few minutes of testing, everything seems to work perfectly. Nub is working, the 3 buttons are working as expected, trackpad works fine.

I had to reconfigure my "3 finger swipe left/right" actions, as expected, since tluck uses a different combination than what Rehabman is using in the main branch.

The nub movement might be a little less smooth than tluck's? Or is that just placebo affect I'm noticing? :p

EDIT: Also, this solves the issue on tluck's kext of hanging after wake from sleep (it seems to not hang anymore, and everything is still working as expected).

EDIT 2: If Rehabman does not approve your pull request, would you consider maintaining this kext going forward? I suppose I could always fork your branch, and then pull in from upstream when needed (for future upgrades and feature improvements made by Rebahman).

As far as sensitivity and smoothness goes it should be identical to tlucks, those values in the info.plist I just copied and pasted.

The changes I'm proposing won't have a negative effect on users with other laptop brands/models whereas tLucks modifications might have. Because of that I don't foresee Rehabman rejecting my pull request. If it was denied, however, I will maintain my fork for awhile and bring in any of the official changes from Rehabman over time.

As far as sensitivity and smoothness goes it should be identical to tlucks, those values in the info.plist I just copied and pasted.

The changes I'm proposing won't have a negative effect on users with other laptop brands/models whereas tLucks modifications might have. Because of that I don't foresee Rehabman rejecting my pull request. If it was denied, however, I will maintain my fork for awhile and bring in any of the official changes from Rehabman over time.
Yeah, it's probably just in my head then :p

Fantastic - I have my hopes up that he approves it. If not, I can also help maintain a recent working version. Thanks again for your contributions and making my machine just that much better!

Thanks!
Unfortunately i cant test it anymore as i purchased a Lenovo v330 - 15ikb:
8th gen Core i5 - 8250U
8GB ram DDR4
Intel UHD 620 & AMD Radeon 530
Conexant Dolby Atmos
1080p display
Elan Touchpad

I will make a guide for this one, as soon as i receive my nvme that i ordered since it came with 1tb hdd and i replaced it with a kingston v300 120gb ssd.

That way i can dual boot and use my macOS on this 2.5” SSD

I did give my Thinkpad L440 to my father since his laptop was already too old.

Will update all my existing guides to latest files that I didn’t upload and might keep supporting the guides further by adding the changes that might happen in the future.

Thank you for the contribution you did.
Will be adding your prebuild kext to the guides.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back