Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Every change I made back then can be found here:
https://github.com/jcsnider/OS-X-Vo...mmit/b619ccce256797c92c8fd767e55f10763ee6e0a4

The changes, however, are very Thinkpad specific... I'd like to somehow merge these into RehabMan's repo too, but now that I'm revisiting I'm not sure if we could without some sort of "Thinkpad Detection" code. I'm not sure if that is something he'd be okay with, nor would I know if it works on all Thinkpads. I am happy to join this fight though.

Off Topic:
@Sniki whenever I inevitably get around to writing a High Sierra guide for the Gen 3 X1 Carbon do you mind if I steal the format/layout from your guides? (I really like how they are laid out!)
Thanks for chiming in on this thread. tluck has created a fork of VoodooPS2Controller that is basically up-to-date with RehabMan's branch that has various edits for us Thinkpad users. It works on various models, possibly the X1 Carbon too. The problem we are facing with his fork is that sometimes, the driver will not load correctly on boot. The trackpoint and physical middle button fail to respond.

Our plan is to try to learn why this is happening and fix it. If you have any insight or ideas on that, we would love some help.

Every change I made back then can be found here:
https://github.com/jcsnider/OS-X-Vo...mmit/b619ccce256797c92c8fd767e55f10763ee6e0a4

The changes, however, are very Thinkpad specific... I'd like to somehow merge these into RehabMan's repo too, but now that I'm revisiting I'm not sure if we could without some sort of "Thinkpad Detection" code. I'm not sure if that is something he'd be okay with, nor would I know if it works on all Thinkpads. I am happy to join this fight though.

Off Topic:
@Sniki whenever I inevitably get around to writing a High Sierra guide for the Gen 3 X1 Carbon do you mind if I steal the format/layout from your guides? (I really like how they are laid out!)
1. What i would like to achieve with Tluck VoodooPS2Controller is to fix the trackpoint failing to load somehow on certain cold boots, we have to reboot 1-2 times to get it back in working state again,
2. Add the 3D touch function with a 2finger tap or 2 finger click.

Whatever extra gestures are a welcome but those two i feel are more important first.

Sure no problem, feel free to pick whatever you want, also if you need additional clarifications on what i did, feel free to ask.

I do plan to do some little adjustments this weekend also.

BTW i do think it would be better if we create a separate thread for this so we don't bloat this one and we can go more in depth with it.

1. What i would like to achieve with Tluck VoodooPS2Controller is to fix the trackpoint failing to load somehow on certain cold boots, we have to reboot 1-2 times to get it back in working state again,
2. Add the 3D touch function with a 2finger tap or 2 finger click.

Whatever extra gestures are a welcome but those two i feel are more important first.

Sure no problem, feel free to pick whatever you want, also if you need additional clarifications on what i did, feel free to ask.

I do plan to do some little adjustments this weekend also.

BTW i do think it would be better if we create a separate thread for this so we don't bloat this one and we can go more in depth with it.
Agree on the separate thread. If you make one, please let me know so I can follow the discussion.

Agree on the separate thread. If you make one, please let me know so I can follow the discussion.
I added the @jcsnider commit for X1 Carbon compatibilty into latest rehabman VoodooPS2Controller.kext.
Results:
1. TrackPoint doesn't work at all.
2. Left and Right Click Buttons work but
3. Sometimes left click works as Right Click.

Here is the kext that i did build from Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller source after i added the changes from @jcsnider.

You can give it a try and see if it works for you.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    319.4 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
@Sniki @CoBrA2168

I think I found a fix for the tluck VoodooPS2Controller kext. Would you all give this a try reboot several times. If my theory is correct then the trackpoint should work each time. :)

Attachments

• (tluck fixed)VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    76.5 KB · Views: 512
@Sniki @CoBrA2168

I think I found a fix for the tluck VoodooPS2Controller kext. Would you all give this a try reboot several times. If my theory is correct then the trackpoint should work each time. :)
@jcsnider you are a legend !
Yes, i did reboot my laptop 10 times and each reboot, trackpoint is working everytime now.

Million thanks man.

Now i only want to try adding one more extra gesture like a 2-3 or 4 finger tap or click for 3D touch Function and that would be amazing, zoom in/out is an extra but it should be fine even without that.

Syscl has added it into his fork, here is the commit for 3D touch:
https://github.com/syscl/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/commit/de8e5de4593128eff8d91a9efc3c31de467aa873

Also pinch to zoom in/out:
https://github.com/syscl/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/commit/b48d5df7984d8cf19a46b540e12442f5005a390d

BTW @jcsnider can you add a pull request to my fork of Tluck VoodooPS2Controller so i can add the fix just in case to not lose the fix and have a working source for now.
Here is the link of my Tluck VoodooPS2 Fork:
https://github.com/BesnikRrustemi/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Again, thank you very much.

@Sniki @CoBrA2168

Fantastic if what @Sniki says is true! Amazing work! I'll install this later today on my Sierra build.

I also tend to agree with Sniki in that you should get this code on Github so everyone can enjoy it, and also so that we can merge in changes from upstream (i.e. RehabMan's branch). I'm also very curious as to how you fixed this problem, since I took a look at the code and it wasn't immediately clear to me what to do to fix it. Instead of pulling into Sniki's branch, I would recommend pulling directly into tluck's branch here:
https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

@Sniki - I might give the High Sierra install a shot on my T440s in the next few days/weeks. I noticed in your T440 guide, you've posted some updates to SSDT files and audio kexts. Are those updates included in the first post of this T440s guide?

Fantastic if what @Sniki says is true! Amazing work! I'll install this later today on my Sierra build.

I also tend to agree with Sniki in that you should get this code on Github so everyone can enjoy it, and also so that we can merge in changes from upstream (i.e. RehabMan's branch). I'm also very curious as to how you fixed this problem, since I took a look at the code and it wasn't immediately clear to me what to do to fix it. Instead of pulling into Sniki's branch, I would recommend pulling directly into tluck's branch here:
https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

@Sniki - I might give the High Sierra install a shot on my T440s in the next few days/weeks. I noticed in your T440 guide, you've posted some updates to SSDT files and audio kexts. Are those updates included in the first post of this T440s guide?
i wanted to pull in my branch so i can add it and start working on other stuff, until Tluck pulls into his main branch, i plan to add extra other gestures and stuff so at least i have that fix already solved about trackpoint.

My father in law died yesterday so i was busy this recent week, but by tomorrow i will have more time to work on this & audio.

I also didn’t find time to update the guides, I will update them hopefully from tomorrow, that will include the currently improved audio kext that im using, adding country code patches that work,fixed tluck kext from jcsnider etc.

Last edited:
i wanted to pull in my branch so i can add it and start working on other stuff, until Tluck pulls into his main branch, i plan to add extra other gestures and stuff so at least i have that fix already solved about trackpoint.

My father in law died yesterday so i was busy this recent week, but by tomorrow i will have more time to work on this & audio.

I also didn’t find time to update the guides, I will update them hopefully from tomorrow, that will include the currently improved audio kext that im using, adding country code patches that work,fixed tluck kext from jcsnider etc.
:( Very sorry to hear about your loss. Take some time off from this if you need to, it's not that important.

About pulling into your branch: ok, that's not a bad idea either. Then once you make more changes, maybe you could suggest a pull request into tluck's branch. We should also try to merge from upstream, since it appears that Rehabman has made some changes since tluck last updated his branch.

No rush on the files, at least for me. It might still be a few day or weeks until I find time to try the High Sierra install (I have very little free time right now). I'll just keep an eye on this thread for updates. Thanks!!!

I don't think Github will allow me to fork multiple repos that are both based on Rehabman's. Instead of the (preferred) pull requests I posted my solution (simply add 2 lines of code) in the following Github issue. I simply wanted to verify my fix before doing so :)

https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back