Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are special SSDT edits that need to be made.. but they're the exact same as what was required in tlucks so you should already be good. (Or just follow this guide and look at Snikis SSDT-KBD.dsl when you get to that point)

Nothing challenging or tricky :)

@CoBrA2168 @jcsnider I will be back soon into updating my guides, the SSDT-KBD does all the work "Keyboard wise", im almost done on my new Lenovo V330 which will be my main device, after im done with it, I will continue my work on this and update the files.
I will update the files as Rehabman did a good change into laptop config plist files and also will add the new files for new VoodooPS2Controller.kext from Rehabman branch with JCSnider SSDT (this new ssdt will be merged on SSDT-KBD on my files) so we can use Rehabman VoodooPS2Controller.kext without worrying about its updates on breaking the kext.

Expect and update from the upcoming week.

What change was that?
The new way to Remove "Definition Block" from #include SSDTs as previously we had to comment the definition blocks in order to merge them, I checked your repo yesterday and I believe you did a good change to skip the definition blocks by the master SSDT, am I correct ?

It would be easier now as I had to make like two folders, lets say 1 hotpatch and the other include, since if made some changes to a single SSDT, I had to remove comment to see if make an error as compiler gives an error when we previously commented definition blocks, so that way I didn't know if my change was correct or not, as for now I can leave the SSDTs normal and merge them on masterSSDT by skipping definition blocks from it.

Also next change was something that you planned for future on patchmatic to extract SSDTs with names to add the "_" in before the name.

Also to skip the tluck SSDT from SSDT-KBD and add the new one from your VoodooPS2Controller repo that you made in collaboration with @jcsnider.

Huge thanks to both of you, you guys did simplify the process a lot.

The new way to Remove "Definition Block" from #include SSDTs as previously we had to comment the definition blocks in order to merge them, I checked your repo yesterday and I believe you did a good change to skip the definition blocks by the master SSDT, am I correct ?

Yes, that's what I thought you might be referring to, but it is not a change to "laptop config plist files"...

Also next change was something that you planned for future on patchmatic to extract SSDTs with names to add the "_" in before the name.

Yes, just haven't had the time to implement it in patchmatic.
Eventually...

Also to skip the tluck SSDT from SSDT-KBD and add the new one from your VoodooPS2Controller repo that you made in collaboration with @jcsnider.

Those SSDTs are not actually needed, at least not in their entirety.
You need the _DSM to inject the RM,oem-id and RM,oem-table-id as that selects one of the Lenovo profiles (from the Info.plist) that are specific to thinkpad, but you don't necessarily need the RMCF data unless you want to change it (the data in those SSDTs is the same as the default values in the Info.plist).

Yes, that's what I thought you might be referring to, but it is not a change to "laptop config plist files"...
Typo mistake, I wanted to say repo as the hotpatch is on that repo and wrote plist files by mistake.

Im that type of guy who always wants the latest in general (Apps,OS,patch or whatever), I do follow your GitHub on daily basis if a new change came up and try to implement that and test immediately
Yes, just haven't had the time to implement it in patchmatic.
Eventually...
No problem for now, just wanted to have my files ready so when you implement it, Problem Reporting would be even easier.
Those SSDTs are not actually needed, at least not in their entirety.
You need the _DSM to inject the RM,oem-id and RM,oem-table-id as that selects one of the Lenovo profiles (from the Info.plist) that are specific to thinkpad, but you don't necessarily need the RMCF data unless you want to change it (the data in those SSDTs is the same as the default values in the Info.plist).
Yes, as for now I was using the SSDT about T460 from tluck (which you probably are referring to DynamicEWMode, which is true, I noticed they were Disable on the info.plist of T460, but just added that.)
However now it would be more simple like you mentioned & ensures us to be up to date with your VoodooPS2Controller.kext.

Hi Sniki, i wonder if you could and have time to create a guide for a lenovo thinkpad E440. Thanks in advanced ;)

Unfortunately i cant test it anymore as i purchased a Lenovo v330 - 15ikb:
8th gen Core i5 - 8250U
8GB ram DDR4
Intel UHD 620 & AMD Radeon 530
Conexant Dolby Atmos
1080p display
Elan Touchpad

I will make a guide for this one, as soon as i receive my nvme that i ordered since it came with 1tb hdd and i replaced it with a kingston v300 120gb ssd.

That way i can dual boot and use my macOS on this 2.5” SSD

I did give my Thinkpad L440 to my father since his laptop was already too old.

Will update all my existing guides to latest files that I didn’t upload and might keep supporting the guides further by adding the changes that might happen in the future.

Thank you for the contribution you did.
Will be adding your prebuild kext to the guides.

I have a yoga thinkpad 260 with elan touchpad ... I know that question probably is offtopic, but what is your plan to support this touchpad. voodoop2s has no support for two fingers ...feels really bad in comparison with my t440s :(

Hi Sniki, i wonder if you could and have time to create a guide for a lenovo thinkpad E440. Thanks in advanced ;)
I can do that as long as you provide feedback and test changes.
Post a full set of problem reporting files and i will take a look into the files as soon as i get back on Hackintosh.
I have a yoga thinkpad 260 with elan touchpad ... I know that question probably is offtopic, but what is your plan to support this touchpad. voodoop2s has no support for two fingers ...feels really bad in comparison with my t440s :(
Idk but i believe everything used to work fine on my I2C Elan Touchpad.
Is it a I2C Elan touchpad or A PS2 Elan ?

I can do that as long as you provide feedback and test changes.
Post a full set of problem reporting files and i will take a look into the files as soon as i get back on Hackintosh.

Idk but i believe everything used to work fine on my I2C Elan Touchpad.
Is it a I2C Elan touchpad or A PS2 Elan ?

PS2 elan...the dev of elan kext not share Code and the kext its totally outdate atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back