Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately i cant test it anymore as i purchased a Lenovo v330 - 15ikb:
8th gen Core i5 - 8250U
8GB ram DDR4
Intel UHD 620 & AMD Radeon 530
Conexant Dolby Atmos
1080p display
Elan Touchpad

I will make a guide for this one, as soon as i receive my nvme that i ordered since it came with 1tb hdd and i replaced it with a kingston v300 120gb ssd.

That way i can dual boot and use my macOS on this 2.5” SSD

I did give my Thinkpad L440 to my father since his laptop was already too old.

Will update all my existing guides to latest files that I didn’t upload and might keep supporting the guides further by adding the changes that might happen in the future.

Thank you for the contribution you did.
Will be adding your prebuild kext to the guides.
This is sad news for us T440/T440s/L440 users :( Your guides are fantastic!

I still haven't tried the High Sierra guide here yet, so when you update it I will give it a shot!

This is sad news for us T440/T440s/L440 users :( Your guides are fantastic!

I still haven't tried the High Sierra guide here yet, so when you update it I will give it a shot!
Don’t worry,never had a T440,T440S or T440P either but i supported and will support them as long as i can.

Don’t worry,never had a T440,T440S or T440P either but i supported and will support them as long as i can.
That's great news! And I'll have my T440s for the foreseeable future so I should be able to help troubleshoot with updates.

Can you post here once you've updated the first post with the latest files?

@CoBrA2168 and @Sniki:
Rehabman did accept my pull request! His latest build (and all future builds) contain the needed code for our machines to work with his official kexts. This should require no changes to your guide or SSDTs.

Downloads here:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads/

All versions after 2018-0424 are Thinkpad friendly :)

@Sniki: Is this your final version of the ALC3232.kext or are you still making changes?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440.245562/page-2#post-1719887

My X1 Carbon guide will be up soon :)

@CoBrA2168 and @Sniki:
Rehabman did accept my pull request! His latest build (and all future builds) contain the needed code for our machines to work with his official kexts. This should require no changes to your guide or SSDTs.

Downloads here:

@Sniki: Is this your final version of the ALC3232.kext or are you still making changes?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-t440.245562/page-2#post-1719887

I did follow the conversation on Rehabman Repository of VoodooPS2Controller and i can say you did a phenomenal job for ThinkPad users, again thanks a lot.

This isn't the final version but unfortunately my External HDD got corrupted and lost all of my data of ALC3232.kext that i did backup.

What I was doing is that I extracted all layoutIDs from Vanilla AppleHDA.kext and was testing Signal Processing elements for Speakers from each single layout of vanilla AppleHDA and I was half way done, I did note which layout processing elements works as some don't work, noted the best ones (best sound, best bass, best high volume),etc and I was about to pick the best one that has the most volume & best quality to use on final kext.

Other changes that I did is that I removed signal processing elements on Int Mic and Line-In as it was causing some sort of static noise when I was doing a video call or call with people.

Also I got a new laptop "Lenovo V330-15IKB" and I'm currently working on it, I'm struggling to make the VoodooI2C kext work as I have no working touchpad for now.

I did gift the Lenovo ThinkPad L440 to my father as his laptop was already old enough but I will still continue to support the guide and improve it.

I will upload a new ALC3232.kext for audio for you, can't guarantee which day but I believe I can do something later or tomorrow - next day

That'd be great, thanks Sniki. I hate to go start another project unless I have to.

At this point my X1 is working fantastically except when using headphones - the audio eventually turns into complete static. Did you ever experience that?

Good luck on your V330!

That'd be great, thanks Sniki. I hate to go start another project unless I have to.

At this point my X1 is working fantastically except when using headphones - the audio eventually turns into complete static. Did you ever experience that?

Good luck on your V330!
Yes, I did experience that, do you have ALCplugFix installed ?
If yes, then I will provide the fixed ALC3232.kext (fix included on that ALC3232.kext that I mentioned on previous post).

@CoBrA2168 and @Sniki:

Downloads here:

I saw that too! Absolutely fantastic work getting that into the main branch. I really appreciate what you did here - you're saving me from a bunch of restarts every couple of weeks.

Yes, I did experience that, do you have ALCplugFix installed ?
If yes, then I will provide the fixed ALC3232.kext (fix included on that ALC3232.kext that I mentioned on previous post).

Yes I did install the alc_fix included in the op of this thread.

@CoBrA2168: More importantly I'm saving myself from this headache 2-3 years down the line with my next Thinkpad :p

Yes I did install the alc_fix included in the op of this thread.

@CoBrA2168: More importantly I'm saving myself from this headache 2-3 years down the line with my next Thinkpad :p
:p Yes that too!

Like I mentioned before, I'm still on a DSDT-edited version of a Sierra install on my T440s. I would really like to get working on a new, High Sierra install using the hotpatch method. I'll likely use mostly this thread, and any updates you are able to make with your X1 Carbon since it's using similar hardware.

So to be clear, the updated VoodooPS2Controller kext is just a drop replacement for our machines? There's no special SSDT or other config edits I need to make for it to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back