Motherboard
HP Notebook 15-bs182nd
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Mobile Phone
iOS
Followed Sniki's guide on page 13 using config.plist and SSDT u linked, it works! There was some hiccups during the installation though, when the laptop restarts, it got stuck on the Apple logo and the laptop auto restarts a few times, I then tried starting up with verbose and it works again, after everything is installed kexts etc, when I turn on the laptop it restarting by itself again during the apple logo with the progress bar in the middle. :lol:

Update: Laptop keep restarting by itself during booting, 2-4 times before it can boot correctly, anyone know what might cause this issue?

Last edited:
Motherboard
ThinkPad T440s-Clover
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD 4400, 1920x1080
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Followed Sniki's guide on page 13 using config.plist and SSDT u linked, it works! There was some hiccups during the installation though, when the laptop restarts, it got stuck on the Apple logo and the laptop auto restarts a few times, I then tried starting up with verbose and it works again, after everything is installed kexts etc, when I turn on the laptop it restarting by itself again during the apple logo with the progress bar in the middle. :lol:

Update: Laptop keep restarting by itself during booting, 2-4 times before it can boot correctly, anyone know what might cause this issue?
I had this problem of either freezing or entering a boot loop like you state. What worked for me was replacing the EFI folder in the EFI partition on the SSD with the one on the boot USB. I describe how I did it here.

Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad T440
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD4400
thanks

Last edited:
Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad T440s
CPU
Intel i5-4200U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 Graphics
Hey guys, have any of you encountered an issue where after a set amount of time, if you have headphones plugged in, the audio will start hissing(static noise), but the speakers work fine? This seems to solve itself ONLY if I shut down the laptop and then turn it back on. (so a restart does not fix it)

Motherboard
Lenovo T440s
CPU
i5-4200u
Graphics
HD4400
@Sniki and everyone else:
Just as a heads up for anyone coming to this thread post-February 2019: using the latest version of WhateverGreen.kext released in December 2018 means that some of the SSDT patches applied in Sniki's solution are no longer needed. Particularly, the SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-IMEI, SSDT-HDEF, and SSDT-HDAU patches can safely be omitted since this kext takes care of that for you. Also, you no longer need the custom AppleBacklightInjector.kext.

I removed those things today and things seem to still be working quite smoothly.

Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad T440s 20ARS0HB01-Clover
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 (1920x1080)
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Lenovo T440s - Mojave 10.14.1 - No Audio
Need help with no audio and cleaning-up install.
Also how do I remove "SSDT-PNLF, SSDT-IMEI, SSDT-HDEF, and SSDT-HDAU patches"?

Is it possible that some one can post a working efi dir?

I've managed to have it installed and boot one. After reboot the colover didn't show the installed drive, only recovery.

Motherboard
ThinkPad T440s-Clover
CPU
i5-4300U
Graphics
HD 4400, 1920x1080
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Is it possible that some one can post a working efi dir?

I've managed to have it installed and boot one. After reboot the colover didn't show the installed drive, only recovery.
Does your USB boot successfully? If so, copy the EFI dir from the USB and paste it into the EFI partition of your HDD/SSD. That's what I had to do in order to finally get mine booting properly.

To view the EFI dir of the HDD/SSD, you need to run a couple of commands in Terminal. In terminal, type "diskutil list" to find the proper identifier for the EFI partition, and then "sudo diskutil mount disk1s1" to mount that partition - your identifier may be different. Mine was disk1s1. Once the EFI partition is mounted, just paste the EFI dir from the USB into the EFI dir of the HDD/SSD and reboot. There are a few extra things that are unneeded but it should work. Mine has been stable for months and successfully updated the OS from the App Store.