Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure problem reporting files will help, I don't think it's a driver issue and everything is currently working fine. I'll wait until it happens again and then create the problem reporting files as I restarted last night and everything is currently working perfectly.

Thanks

Well, nothing can be done when you don't attach PR files, so I'm not sure of the purpose of your original post.

So not knowing any better, I went ahead and installed using the (outdated) macOS High Sierra guide on page #1 of this thread. I soon found that the instructions diverged from those given in the ReHabman guide.

Notable differences include:

• WhateverGreen.kext now supersedes IntelGraphicsFixUp.kext + Shiki.kext
• FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext is used instead of CPUsensors.kext
• Reflashing the BIOS using a hardware device programmer (in order to bypass the whitelist) is an unnecessary hassle; the BIOS can be reverted to v2.36 using the Lenovo updater alone.

I do intend on installing Mojave once my BCM94352Z Wireless / Bluetooth Card arrives from Aliexpress, but here's my question:

I have the original (crappy, no button) T440S Trackpad, and I can't get the contextual menu (i.e two-fingered tap) to work. Do I need to upgrade to the nicer 3-button Thinkpad T460/T560 Trackpad? Or is support for my crappy no button Trackpad improved under Mojave?

Thanks!

So not knowing any better, I went ahead and installed using the (outdated) macOS High Sierra guide on page #1 of this thread. I soon found that the instructions diverged from those given in the ReHabman guide.

• Reflashing the BIOS using a hardware device programmer (in order to bypass the whitelist) is an unnecessary hassle; the BIOS can be reverted to v2.36 using the Lenovo updater alone.

I do intend on installing Mojave once my BCM94352Z Wireless / Bluetooth Card arrives from Aliexpress, but here's my question:

I have the original (crappy, no button) T440S Trackpad, and I can't get the contextual menu (i.e two-fingered tap) to work. Do I need to upgrade to the nicer 3-button Thinkpad T460/T560 Trackpad? Or is support for my crappy no button Trackpad improved under Mojave?

Thanks!
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Thanks!

I don't know if it's because of Mojave or because of a different Kext but for me the original Touchpad worked (not all the time as it is really a crappy touchpad). Only thing not working were the gestures in the macOS menu. Three finger right/left/up/down and two-finger scroll and tap were working.

Well, nothing can be done when you don't attach PR files, so I'm not sure of the purpose of your original post.

Problem reoccurred so I've taken new problem reporting files and attached.

The problem is that after the computer has been running for a while (usually longer than a day) some of the items in the Apple menu cease to function:
About this Mac
Force Quit
Sleep
Shutdown
Restart
Lock Screen
Log Out

Selecting any of the above items does nothing. I can still make the computer shutdown by running sudo halt from a terminal. After a restart everything works perfectly for some time before reoccurring.

Attachments

• BeaksterProblemReporting.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 53
Hey, I've been trying to get Mojave installed on my T440s with no avail... I always get a boot loop after selecting the install after booting into Clover. The apple logo shows up momentarily then reboots and boots back into Clover. I'm a bit stuck at the moment and would appreciate some guidance... thank you

I used the latest RehabMan Clover to build the EFI: Clover_v2.4k_r4701.RM-4963.ca6cca7c (seems to be newer than the screenshots posted by @Sniki in post #128) and pulled all files specific to the Mojave T440s install (post #128) and placed them in the EFI locations

Attachments

• Clover_Install_Log.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 93
  • config.plist
    226.7 KB · Views: 188
Last edited:
Problem reoccurred so I've taken new problem reporting files and attached.

The problem is that after the computer has been running for a while (usually longer than a day) some of the items in the Apple menu cease to function:
About this Mac
Force Quit
Sleep
Shutdown
Restart
Lock Screen
Log Out

Selecting any of the above items does nothing. I can still make the computer shutdown by running sudo halt from a terminal. After a restart everything works perfectly for some time before reoccurring.

Please use gen_debug.sh (because you forgot some things, and gen_debug.sh will not let you forget).

Hey, I've been trying to get Mojave installed on my T440s with no avail... I always get a boot loop after selecting the install after booting into Clover. The apple logo shows up momentarily then reboots and boots back into Clover. I'm a bit stuck at the moment and would appreciate some guidance... thank you
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Thanks I will take a look over these again, sorry as I know my post may sound terribly redundant!

I've attached my EFI.ZIP for further diagnosis as to why my system reboots after the Apple logo appears for 10 seconds...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Just updated to 10.14.2 successfully. You will lose audio upon updating, but simply rebuilding the kext cache fixes the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back