- Jan 13, 2018
- Lenovo 20AN006NUS - T440p
- Intel Core i5 4300M 2.60GHz
- Intel HD Graphics 4600 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M
- Mobile Phone
Ok, great job.
About the dock, if you didn't test after you fixed the issues, turn laptop off, attach the laptop on dock, Boot and test what works and what doesn't work.
we might be able to make it work but it will need additional troubleshooting,testing & problem reporting files.
If you want to experiment with it, attach the dock and turn on the laptop, on boot clover menu Press F4 / Fn+F4 and boot.
after you reach desktop, gather new problem reporting files with the script provided as you did previously and attach them here.
After i take a look at the changes on it, we will need some adittional work to make everything work.
1. Fixing USB Ports on dock (if it is possible to make all those USB Ports work without a port limit patch).
2. Check VGA/DVI/DisplayPorts/ on which framebuffers do they attach.
3. a audio codec Dump on linux to patch audio to work on Dock too (dump must be done with dock plugged in).
Does the dock cover some of the ports on laptop when you attach it ?, if so which ones ?
Ok, so the boot process was not exactly clean. Lid closed and attached to DVI port on dock, it goes through to the boot screen and then the progress bar stops at the halfway point. Then I flip open the screen again and it reboots, then goes into the OS. Internet works, and at least 2 of the USB ports, the DVI does not at this point. I've attached the ZIP, not sure if the F4 worked on the reboot.
As for the dock, the only port that it covers up when you dock it is the power port which is not needed due to the dock. Other than that the other ports are all accessible.