Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u show me your card after cutting a notch? I have found an BCM94352Z without notch for about 15$ with shipping but I dont want to mess it, BCM94352Z with notch costs
about 50$ with shipping so its a huge difference.
Sorry, just saw this, must not be set to get notification on a quote. Anyway, will get you some pics later when I get home.

FYI as mentioned above, I never got the 4352 card working in Windows.

jcsnider clued me in on the Dell DW1830 (which already has both the A&E notches) and I snagged one on ebay for $13. It has an extra antenna connection. I think he said he left the extra disconnected, although others have voiced concerns that leaving no load could cause problems. My T440S had extra antenna leads, probably for WWAN so I am sure they are not tuned at the proper length for WiFi, but I connected one just to have a load. Through trial and error it seems if you only connect two, the two left-most poles on the card are the ones to use (J0 and J1 I believe).

It works in Windows, but is temperamental in that OS. Sometimes on boot the card is not recognized at all, and subsequent Device Manager scans won't see it. Other times on boot it is seen but Device Manager and Network Manager disagree over enable status, so you must go into Device Manager and toggle enable/disable.

Can u show me your card after cutting a notch? I have found an BCM94352Z without notch for about 15$ with shipping but I dont want to mess it, BCM94352Z with notch costs
about 50$ with shipping so its a huge difference.

Here you go. Sorry about the poor lighting. The card on the left is the original Intel 7260. I held them together by hand and used the 7260 as a guide, but did not make the notch as deep as on that card. There are PC pads and I did not want to damage any traces so I stopped at the green. As mentioned, it was necessary to trim the tooth that goes into the shorter notch as well with a razor blade (utility knife).

cards (Large).JPG saw (Large).JPG

@Sniki do you think this guide will work well with the new Mojave update? Also, are the files in the first post outdated? I think you posted updated files a few pages ago.

@Sniki do you think this guide will work well with the new Mojave update? Also, are the files in the first post outdated? I think you posted updated files a few pages ago.
Scroll through pages from the last to earlier ones, you will find latest files.
Guide will need an update for macOS Mojave as Audio & Video patching has changed a lot since the merging of Lilu Plugins into WhateverGreen.kext

You can still have audio with current setup but HDMI Audio requires different patching as far as i know.
Also AppleALC seems to be more like a required thing to have less trouble with HDMI audio as lot of stuff does get automatically detected when AppleALC + WhateverGreen + Lilu used.

So i think i might come up with an idea to make my own fork AppleALC so it just includes the audio codecs of my Laptops/Guides.

Some decent changes are happening lately to the hackintosh scene so i assume we will need to adjust a lot of things soon.

I will update the guides as soon as macOS Mojave goes live to Public, but will update guides after @RehabMan updates the config.plist files as templates for new WhateverGreen.kext (as i still see daily changes to the WhateverGreen.kext by it's developers).

Also i will include additional information to the guide as lot of same basic questions are being asked, a quick [FAQ] and will include links to my github repositories so you can follow the changes there as i plan to post files on Github only to avoid the unnecessary need to update files on each guide after every single minimal change.

So i think i might come up with an idea to make my own fork AppleALC so it just includes the audio codecs of my Laptops/Guides.

Although AppleALC is something to look into (and submitting your audio codec data via a pull request), you don't need to use AppleALC with Mojave. You can still patch audio the traditional way in Mojave.

I will update the guides as soon as macOS Mojave goes live to Public, but will update guides after @RehabMan updates the config.plist files as templates for new WhateverGreen.kext (as i still see daily changes to the WhateverGreen.kext by it's developers).

I'm in the process now of updating the plists for the various guides...
You will see it in my commits to github 'beta' branches.
So far, I've done NUC and Lenovo u430.
Working on BRIX and y50 ATM.
All will require the latest WhateverGreen.kext (must build from source) and latest Clover (my fork can be built from source).
An official build of WhateverGreen.kext (with my changes/additions) should be available prior to Mojave release.

Installation doesn't really require adjustments to the plists right away due to the fact you can always use an invalid ig-platform-id, so that will probably be the last task I do.

Although AppleALC is something to look into (and submitting your audio codec data via a pull request), you don't need to use AppleALC with Mojave. You can still patch audio the traditional way in Mojave.
All fine aside some HDMI Audio problems, no matter what i tried, i couldn't manage to make HDMI Audio to work on my Kaby Lake R - Lenovo V330-15IKB
I'm in the process now of updating the plists for the various guides...
You will see it in my commits to github 'beta' branches.
So far, I've done NUC and Lenovo u430.
Working on BRIX and y50 ATM.
All will require the latest WhateverGreen.kext (must build from source) and latest Clover (my fork can be built from source).
An official build of WhateverGreen.kext (with my changes/additions) should be available prior to Mojave release.
I follow your Github on daily basis for changes, i saw the u430, it should be a good starting point.
I always try to keep on par with the new changes that you bring to hackintosh.
My setups are always 100% based on your work, aside from some kexts that aren't on your repo as fork or so.
Installation doesn't really require adjustments to the plists right away due to the fact you can always use an invalid ig-platform-id, so that will probably be the last task I do.
I have only a single issue on macOS Mojave after the WhateverGreen.kext merging.
Yes that's true, im just talking about the part after finishing setup.

I couldn't manage to make HDMI/HDMI Audio work properly (i had like 100% working setup on High Sierra aside DGPU and FingerPrint which is no support for that.)

The problem is after the switch to whatevergreen.kext, even if patch the config.plist for HDMI via FBpatcher tool, whenever i connect a HDMI Device, Ex Display or TV, the ports on ioreg show as (04 - DP) instead of (08 - HDMI) as they were supposed to.

I will wait for 24th September for macOS Mojave to come out, then will give it another shot and attach problem reporting files to see what's wrong.

All fine aside some HDMI Audio problems, no matter what i tried, i couldn't manage to make HDMI Audio to work on my Kaby Lake R - Lenovo V330-15IKB

AFAIK, same requirements for HDMI audio on Mojave as previous versions:
- "hda-gfx" inject
- framebuffer patched (use WhateverGreen mechanism)
- sometimes FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext required

Scroll through pages from the last to earlier ones, you will find latest files.
Guide will need an update for macOS Mojave as Audio & Video patching has changed a lot since the merging of Lilu Plugins into WhateverGreen.kext

You can still have audio with current setup but HDMI Audio requires different patching as far as i know.
Also AppleALC seems to be more like a required thing to have less trouble with HDMI audio as lot of stuff does get automatically detected when AppleALC + WhateverGreen + Lilu used.

Some decent changes are happening lately to the hackintosh scene so i assume we will need to adjust a lot of things soon.

Also i will include additional information to the guide as lot of same basic questions are being asked, a quick [FAQ] and will include links to my github repositories so you can follow the changes there as i plan to post files on Github only to avoid the unnecessary need to update files on each guide after every single minimal change.
Fantastic @Sniki thank you for replying to me.

I will be able to help you test the changes and installation with Mojave when you get around to updating. As you recall, I have a T440s with very similar hardware as what is mentioned in the first post.

I also agree moving to Github makes more sense. It's much easier to track changes and make updates there (plus it helps us know when there's been an update to something).

I will wait for Mojave official release (September 24) and check back. Let me know what you want me to test!

Here you go. Sorry about the poor lighting. The card on the left is the original Intel 7260. I held them together by hand and used the 7260 as a guide, but did not make the notch as deep as on that card. There are PC pads and I did not want to damage any traces so I stopped at the green. As mentioned, it was necessary to trim the tooth that goes into the shorter notch as well with a razor blade (utility knife).

View attachment 350066 View attachment 350067
I did the same as you and.. it works great! Anyone updated to Mojave from macOS installation based on this tutorial?

@RehabMan @Sniki
Do you know how to enable keyboard backlit on this laptop?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back