Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @Sniki will be putting together a guide soon, at least I hope so :D
Yes, Catalina guide should come soon but i want to incorporate all the fixes like Full Dock Support etc.

You can still update with current Mojave guide as well, just update to latest files, clover, latest kexts and you are good 2 go.

You can see above that @Fobos531 has already been on Catalina and successfully updated to 10.15.2

Yes, Catalina guide should come soon but i want to incorporate all the fixes like Full Dock Support etc.

You can still update with current Mojave guide as well, just update to latest files, clover, latest kexts and you are good 2 go.

You can see above that @Fobos531 has already been on Catalina and successfully updated to 10.15.2
Yeah, I think the guide will basically be the same as before, just with a few changes here and there and a couple of fixes.

Overall, this is great progress. Thanks again for continuing to make this machine more macOS friendly!

I was able to update my Mojave installation done with this Tools and Guide on my t440s to catalina 10.15.0 and to 10.15.2 without any major issues.
Sound does not work yet but I will fix it soon. It´s working great.
Again great work

tried to install on a x240 i5-4300u with 4GB Ram and Samsung SSD 860 Mojave. haven't tried whitelisting yet. but plan to use a WLAN card TP-LINK, I strictly followed the instructions in the first post. But stay put at this point see photo in the appendix. What could it be?
15769640296959184193038097818940.jpg
Thanks jojo

Hey, thanks for the Guide!

I installed Mojave on my T440s i7 and is working. I had to use a newer version of Clove because I couldn't find the version from the guide.

The Thunderbold monitor output works when the osx is already startet. But if I boot with the monitor connected, it works fine through Clover - but when gets to the Apple startup logo, it restarts the Laptop before the status bar gets fulled. Boot with the monitor cable disconnected works fine.

Is there a solution?

Thank you very much!

Cheers

tried to install on a x240 i5-4300u with 4GB Ram and Samsung SSD 860 Mojave. haven't tried whitelisting yet. but plan to use a WLAN card TP-LINK, I strictly followed the instructions in the first post. But stay put at this point see photo in the appendix. What could it be?
Check again whether you installed AptioMemoryfix with Clover. Try booting with -f UseKernelCache=No

Hi @Sniki and all,

Thanks for the detailed guide, I installed Mojave successfully on my T440S! I also changed the screen to the FHD panel, what a difference!

Everything works well, and after upgrading my disk to a 1TB SSD and replacing the Wi-Fi card with the BCM94360CS2 I have enough space and Wi-Fi works like a charm.

My Trackpad is working (I still have the old one button pad, the new three button pad is on the way) but isn't the best as described all over the internet. But that's no big thing because I'm using a bluetooth mouse the most of the time.

But there is one thing I would like to do. As I'm using a bluetooth mouse I would like to disable the trackpad temporarily while don't using it.

I know that there is an checkbox in the Settings (Accessibility -> Mouse and Trackpad -> Ignore Builtin Trackpad when a Mouse is connected) but this does not work for me.

Also the "workaround" over the keyboard mouse (Accessibility -> Mouse and Trackpad -> Options -> Ignore Trackpad with active Keyboard Mouse) does not work.

I know that I can permanently disable the Trackpad by removing the VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext and VoodooPS2Mouse.kext from Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns, rebuilding the kernel kext cache (f.e. with Kext Wizard) and reboot.

But this deactivates the trackpad completely and I would need to copy the kext parts back, rebuild cache and reboot each time.

It would be really nice if that would be possible f.e. over a keyboard shortcut etc.

Or does anybody else know a possibility to disable the trackpad temporarily?

Last edited:
I upgraded to Catalina. Almost everything works perfectly.
Latest VoodooPS2 didn't work for me. But this version did.
I believe there is an issue with the latest release version (something missing in the Info.plist that prevents it from loading properly). The January or next release should include the fix for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back