Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've done it hahah just downloaded an old version of AppleALC.kext (1.3.8) and voila!
I guess that the newer version (1.4.3) of AppleALC doesn't work with t440s

Yes the new AppleALC update breaks audio. Also the new VoodooPS2Controller update stops the physical buttons working? Mine are no longer working. However, the touchpad is now working much better, multitouch gestures are working well now and the pointer doesn't stutter anymore. Is there a way to get the physical buttons to work with the new updates?

I have run in to the same issue with mine. The only thing I have found that works each time is to copy the EFI from the Clover USB stick and pasted into the EFI partition. When I did that, it worked perfectly. I don't really understand why this works since from what I can see the content between the two are identical, but it works.

Hey team,

Got most of the T440 working, except a $#&§!!!! thing !

I first tried to install high sierra some time ago, but it didn't work that well. It installed a clover bootloader though. And that's my problem right here. I created the Mojave boot disk, installed Mojave on the T440, and when I reboot, it shows the same old High-Sierra-attempt Clover page :

View attachment 437232

If I try to boot the MacOS from there, it just freezes :
View attachment 437233

Hey guys, i just want to let you all know that i got a Docking station for my Lenovo ThinkPad X240

This means that new features and enhancements are coming to *40 series thinkpads (X240, T440, T440S, T440P, L440, etc),
The list includes:

1. Full Docking station support: USB Ports, Video Ports (DisplayPort,VGA,DVI), Dock Audio Jack, LAN, etc
2. Open Core Bootloader instead of Clover
3. Major ACPI (SSDTs) rework and cleaner config.plist file
4. Faster, smoother and more stable in general

VoodooPS2Controller from Acidanthera is really good and will be even better, they brought experimental 4 finger gestures and that will improve soon.

Aside from FingerPrint reader and SD Card Reader (tthat Sinetek Project is abandoned) everything else will be as good as it can get.

Awesome. Excited about the new developments. Any Catalina specific updates ?

Hey guys, i just want to let you all know that i got a Docking station for my Lenovo ThinkPad X240

This means that new features and enhancements are coming to *40 series thinkpads (X240, T440, T440S, T440P, L440, etc),
The list includes:

1. Full Docking station support: USB Ports, Video Ports (DisplayPort,VGA,DVI), Dock Audio Jack, LAN, etc
2. Open Core Bootloader instead of Clover
3. Major ACPI (SSDTs) rework and cleaner config.plist file
4. Faster, smoother and more stable in general

VoodooPS2Controller from Acidanthera is really good and will be even better, they brought experimental 4 finger gestures and that will improve soon.

Aside from FingerPrint reader and SD Card Reader (tthat Sinetek Project is abandoned) everything else will be as good as it can get.

i have also a dock for my t440s, if you need someone to test the files.
looking forward for the next big update, especially opencore.

Small Update:
Dock support is almost complete, two remaining fixes:
  • DVI (no cable to test it, will look for one and fix it as well "unless it works natively and no fix needed")
  • Dock Audio Jack (will fix by patching audio and sending Pull Request on AppleALC).
The rest is working perfect, i can put laptop to sleep and sleeps perfect while docked.
No kernel panic / instant reboot as some reported.

Hardest part will be to edit SSDTs so they work only with Darwin (macOS), so that way, other operating systems like Windows, Linux etc can load without being affected by them because these are needed only for macOS.
With those updated SSDTs we should have like no ACPI renames.

Small Update:
Dock support is almost complete, two remaining fixes:
  • DVI (no cable to test it, will look for one and fix it as well "unless it works natively and no fix needed")
  • Dock Audio Jack (will fix by patching audio and sending Pull Request on AppleALC).
The rest is working perfect, i can put laptop to sleep and sleeps perfect while docked.
No kernel panic / instant reboot as some reported.

Hardest part will be to edit SSDTs so they work only with Darwin (macOS), so that way, other operating systems like Windows, Linux etc can load without being affected by them because these are needed only for macOS.
With those updated SSDTs we should have like no ACPI renames.
I have a dvi to hdmi cable, can test it.

I have a dvi to hdmi cable, can test it.
Thanks but for now im with OpenCore Bootloader and i can't upload any testing files as i started from scratch and the rest is under construction.

I can find a DVI cable no problem, i will borrow it from a friend here close to my workplace so i can just test it tonight, if it is good as it is then fine, if not i fix/patch it and then bring it back to him as i don't need it.

So two goals for tonight:
1. Audio: Patching AppleALC to support Dock Audio and update AlcPlugFix for Dock Audio switching.
2. Video: Patch DVI framebuffer/connector if it doesn't work OOB

Thanks but for now im with OpenCore Bootloader and i can't upload any testing files as i started from scratch and the rest is under construction.

I can find a DVI cable no problem, i will borrow it from a friend here close to my workplace so i can just test it tonight, if it is good as it is then fine, if not i fix/patch it and then bring it back to him as i don't need it.

So two goals for tonight:
1. Audio: Patching AppleALC to support Dock Audio and update AlcPlugFix for Dock Audio switching.
2. Video: Patch DVI framebuffer/connector if it doesn't work OOB

on my t440s i run your latest config from github...dvi to hdmi over the dock is working fine.
but have same panik reboot on sleep issue as with vga.

@Sniki awesome news, and glad to hear you're still around! I thought you disappeared like RehabMan.

I did ask a few pages back about the keyboard command for the "projector" key. It doesn't appear to work with the latest files. All other special keys work fine, but the projector key (i.e. F7) does not respond.

Thanks again for your continued support! Excited to try the new updates when they are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back