Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing some testing I am having more issues with the external battery. Does anyone else have any issues with the external battery with macOS and the t440s? Does removing and reinserting the battery while the laptop is on work for anyone?
I can get the external battery to work and be recognised most of the time, but when it is inserted just moving the computer around a bit the laptop just shuts off. I cannot get the laptop to do this when the external battery is removed. No amount of moving it around can make it turn off.
This means the problem is either the battery or something else? Could it be something with Bios v2.36? I never had this problem before when running Linux on the t440s for about a year.

My external battery works fine on OSX.

Yours is likely a problem with battery capacity or connections. Should be easy to test the battery function while you're booted to windows or on bios screen. If moving it still switched off laptop, it is definitely the connections.

Yeah it switches off in the bios too so I guess it’s the connections. I’ve ordered a new battery so hopefully it is a problem with the battery itself and not the motherboard connections.
Do you have any battery monitoring or control in the bios? On v2.36 there isn’t anything even to check the status of the batteries. I would have thought there would be something.

My external battery works fine on OSX.

Yours is likely a problem with battery capacity or connections. Should be easy to test the battery function while you're booted to windows or on bios screen. If moving it still switched off laptop, it is definitely the connections.
It was a bad battery. I got a new 6 cell battery and it all seems to be working fine now. No more shutting down when I move the laptop.

Yes it is correct, ACPI dump and Bootlog is present, i will check the files and give you files when i have them ready.

I do really hope to hear good news from you soon. Thank in advanced!

@Sniki you still around? Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for implementing the "projector" FN key. Thanks in advance!

Hey team,

Got most of the T440 working, except a $#&§!!!! thing !

I first tried to install high sierra some time ago, but it didn't work that well. It installed a clover bootloader though. And that's my problem right here. I created the Mojave boot disk, installed Mojave on the T440, and when I reboot, it shows the same old High-Sierra-attempt Clover page :

Bad Clover.JPG

If I try to boot the MacOS from there, it just freezes :
Verbose.JPG

Now, if I boot from the USB key, I can boot to the desktop :

Good Clover from USB Stick.JPG
But whatever amount of running the Clover package, nothing changes ! I suspect the bootloader either isn't installing, or isn't installing on the proper bootsector used by the machine :( I ran the Clover install package with different themes, just to confirm this.

Whenever I boot from the USB stick, I don't see any EFI folder at the root of the disk. But I've got this weird output from diskutil (I only have a single 180GG SDD drive) :

diskutil list.JPG

Running "mount", I'm see /dev/disk1s1 as mount to / . Only the bad clover shows me this "preboot" boot option.

Everything else works nearly flawlessly. I installed a USB WiFi dongle (TL-WN823N) which works perfectly fine. The only thing I don't like is that the trackpad feels sluggish, as if my fingers were sticky).

Attachments

• Verbose.JPG
    Verbose.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Hi Guys, I've been searching all around without luck.
I have a T440s - i7 - 12Gb RAM (showing up 16gb hahah).
Followed the guide (I hope) Completely, step by step.
But I still have no sound.
It's the only thing that left to have this baby running full.
Any guide would be really helpfully!
Thanks in advance
I'll attach my EFI folder

Attachments

• EFI_Joaco.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 69
Hi Guys, I've been searching all around without luck.
I have a T440s - i7 - 12Gb RAM (showing up 16gb hahah).
Followed the guide (I hope) Completely, step by step.
But I still have no sound.
It's the only thing that left to have this baby running full.
Any guide would be really helpfully!
Thanks in advance
I'll attach my EFI folder

Well, I've done it hahah just downloaded an old version of AppleALC.kext (1.3.8) and voila!
I guess that the newer version (1.4.3) of AppleALC doesn't work with t440s

Hey team,

Got most of the T440 working, except a $#&§!!!! thing !

I first tried to install high sierra some time ago, but it didn't work that well. It installed a clover bootloader though. And that's my problem right here. I created the Mojave boot disk, installed Mojave on the T440, and when I reboot, it shows the same old High-Sierra-attempt Clover page :

View attachment 437232

If I try to boot the MacOS from there, it just freezes :
View attachment 437233

Now, if I boot from the USB key, I can boot to the desktop :

View attachment 437236
But whatever amount of running the Clover package, nothing changes ! I suspect the bootloader either isn't installing, or isn't installing on the proper bootsector used by the machine :( I ran the Clover install package with different themes, just to confirm this.

Whenever I boot from the USB stick, I don't see any EFI folder at the root of the disk. But I've got this weird output from diskutil (I only have a single 180GG SDD drive) :

View attachment 437235

Running "mount", I'm see /dev/disk1s1 as mount to / . Only the bad clover shows me this "preboot" boot option.

Everything else works nearly flawlessly. I installed a USB WiFi dongle (TL-WN823N) which works perfectly fine. The only thing I don't like is that the trackpad feels sluggish, as if my fingers were sticky).
Try using aptiomemoryfix instead of osxaptiodr
v/2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back