Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used this guide to install Catalina on x1 Carbon Gen 2. I've been trying to get the ethernet port OneLink Pro dock to work. The ethernet port is a Realtek 815x (usb 3 to ethernet). I loaded the Mac drivers and the plist for the kext has the device Id's from the dock. However, the ethernet port on the dock sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't.
Under Mojave, it would connect if I removed the connection said yes to bring it back after a restart. Under Catalina it doesn't always come back much less connect. The sometimes it seems to start and connect during use. Could this be related to USB Power Management.

Thank you so much for typing up such an elaborate guide to this computer Sniki.

I have run in to some problems with regards to the wireless chip - DW1820A. Whenever, I plug it in the computer becomes all sluggish and apps don't respond (especially the network tab in settings). Ethernet works fine though.

Could you please spare some time to look at whats wrong? Is the chip even ovw3T3?

Thanks in advance!
James

Attachments

• debug_10693.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 77
In Catalina with my X1 Carbon (gen 2) -- After I built the custom USB SSDT per @RehabMan, in networking I have a Bluetooth Pan interface and amazingly I brought in my bluetooth headphones and they connected and I'm listening to them now. Bluetooth is at HS07 / 14500000. Since I am using the standard Intel Card -- I didn't think this was supposed to work. Since Apple can handle that why can't they also handle the wifi or are there different chips -- one for Wifi and one for Bluetooth.

Is there a version of VoodooPS2 that supports BOTH the touchpad (with all the gestures) as well as the trackpoint with 3 buttons? I've found the latest VoodooPS2 to work flawlessly in regards to the touchpad. The trackpoint works okay (could be faster) but the 3 buttons don't work at all.

Will this work for Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 370 as well?

I used this guide to install Catalina on x1 Carbon Gen 2. I've been trying to get the ethernet port OneLink Pro dock to work. The ethernet port is a Realtek 815x (usb 3 to ethernet). I loaded the Mac drivers and the plist for the kext has the device Id's from the dock. However, the ethernet port on the dock sometimes connects and sometimes doesn't.
Under Mojave, it would connect if I removed the connection said yes to bring it back after a restart. Under Catalina it doesn't always come back much less connect. The sometimes it seems to start and connect during use. Could this be related to USB Power Management.
After an update to 10.15.1 in Catalina this is working. (Always Connects)

@Sniki - I finally got around to setting shortcuts for all of my F keys and realized that the F7 key (the one that looks like a projector) isn't mapped to any specific F key, so I cannot use it to map a shortcut. Do you know if there's an SSDT patch to enable that key?

No problem.
Good thing that the problem is gone for you now, Enjoy your laptop !
After doing some testing I am having more issues with the external battery. Does anyone else have any issues with the external battery with macOS and the t440s? Does removing and reinserting the battery while the laptop is on work for anyone?
I can get the external battery to work and be recognised most of the time, but when it is inserted just moving the computer around a bit the laptop just shuts off. I cannot get the laptop to do this when the external battery is removed. No amount of moving it around can make it turn off.
This means the problem is either the battery or something else? Could it be something with Bios v2.36? I never had this problem before when running Linux on the t440s for about a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back