Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I cut few portion like you did it then can fit it?
Yes I have Lenovo Ideapad 320-14IKB

if I cut few portion like you did it then can fit it?
Yes I have Lenovo Ideapad 320-14IKB
This is way Off Topic, open a separate thread if you have issues to discuss.
I don't know i don't have and never had that laptop, if want to risk you can try, all you can loose is the money you purchased the card which you can sell if it doesn't work.
It's up to you to decide

hi,
first thx for your help.

I thought I have the option to load trough clover or lib/ext.
that why I place the kext there, because want it vanilla.

The sddt was just for testing. to check if I get better battery result with plugintyp or the sddt. it is just a left over.

Drivers64UEFI folder were also for testing the Filevault2. and some come trough updating the clover.

CodecCommander.kext....somewhere on the GitHub form AppleALC, I read that we don't need CodecCommander.kext and other kext that needed before.

sry for the mess, still learning.

I put all kext incl. CodecCommander.kext in lib/ext. plus the ha-ver in usr/bin and made new kextcache and than reboot. but still same problem, so put CodecCommander.kext all in clover and now it worked.
but sometime I can hear white noise sound in background and than it lost the sound.
I must replug it again to get sound.

thx
It's a known issue with this codec, you may need to do an EC reset to fix the issue.
However i would suggest you to check if you installed alc_fix correctly.

This is way Off Topic, open a separate thread if you have issues to discuss.
I don't know i don't have and never had that laptop, if want to risk you can try, all you can loose is the money you purchased the card which you can sell if it doesn't work.
It's up to you to decide

thanks Sniki

@CoBrA2168 here is the modified SSDT-T440S.aml with injected Power Properties into it.
Give it a try and see if you still have issues.
Only change you need is to replace your SSDT-T440S.aml with this one that i attached, reboot and test.
Unfortunately that didn't change anything :( Unless you have other ideas, I'm under the impression it's a power limitation from the hardware itself (or my particular hardware is somehow defective).

EDIT: If anyone here has the BCM94360CS2 card in their T440s, please confirm it fits without any modifications. I might buy it to replace my DW1560 since it works natively.

Last edited:
Unfortunately that didn't change anything :( Unless you have other ideas, I'm under the impression it's a power limitation from the hardware itself (or my particular hardware is somehow defective).
I have another test SSDT-T440S.aml to send you so you can test, if this one doesn't work then there is definitely an issue either a hardware defect or hardware limitation.
Give this one a try, this is with iMac 17,1 Power Properties.

You may also want to check your Bios Settings just in case.
EDIT: If anyone here has the BCM94360CS2 card in their T440s, please confirm it fits without any modifications. I might buy it to replace my DW1560 since it works natively.
There seems to be enough room by looking at dissasembled pictures of T440S without having to do a single cut at all:
Compare this with my V330:
On paper it looks that it should fit completely without having to do any cutting at all, but even if you need to do so, it looks very easy without you needing any extra skill, take a look at the adapter, you may need just to cut the last part which is honestly not needed at all just build for Desktops maybe if extra mounting space or screws needed.
Look how i detailed the last unnecessary part of the Adapter that needs to be cut (can be done even with or without a knife, maybe just with hand as it has the lines ready if you need to cut the last unnecessary part:

Look how i did it and what i needed to do on my V330 in order to fit it due to small room for the long card and adapter:
As for you it seems very easy, just remove (brake with hand or with knife) the two extra mounting screw holes length half cut part of the card and it should fit perfectly well as it seems that theres way more extra room than my V330.

Here is the new SSDT-T440S.aml with iMac 17,1 Power Properties:

Attachments

• SSDT-T440S.aml
    7.8 KB · Views: 49
On paper it looks that it should fit completely without having to do any cutting at all, but even if you need to do so, it looks very easy without you needing any extra skill, take a look at the adapter, you may need just to cut the last part which is honestly not needed at all just build for

I opened my T440 yesterday. It seems fit when looking at the pictures, but on the silvery area on the back of the WiFi card, there is a quite big SMD component underneath that can interfere with interface board aroud the area of the locking nut between interface board tnd the Broadcom card. Configuration on T440s looks similar with my T440.

Trying to measure the space, the BCM94360CS2 requires around 47mm of space, overall it still can be fitted to the space behind the M.2 port, the problem is just the diode underneath.

I have not had my card with me. After they come, I might be able to post some infos.

Last edited:
I opened my T440 yesterday. It seems fit when looking at the pictures, but on the silvery area on the back of the WiFi card, there is a quite big SMD component underneath that can interfere with interface board aroud the area of the locking nut between interface board tnd the Broadcom card. Configuration on T440s looks similar with my T440.

Trying to measure the space, the BCM94360CS2 requires around 47mm of space, overall it still can be fitted to the space behind the M.2 port, the problem is just the diode underneath.

I have not had my card with me. After they come, I might be able to post some infos.
If it interferes due to the height i still see no problem with that, you can cut a hole in the middle of the adapter so it can fit without touching the diode.
There are no circuits on the adapter after the connector of the card and since the card does mount on top the adapter it shouldn't touch it.

If it interferes due to the height i still see no problem with that, you can cut a hole in the middle of the adapter so it can fit without touching the diode.
There are no circuits on the adapter after the connector of the card and since the card does mount on top the adapter it shouldn't touch it.

Thanks a lot for the insight.
I will post further when I receive the item. Might need to do some cutting to the board, just like you show on your post earlier.

I have another test SSDT-T440S.aml to send you so you can test, if this one doesn't work then there is definitely an issue either a hardware defect or hardware limitation.
Give this one a try, this is with iMac 17,1 Power Properties.

You may also want to check your Bios Settings just in case.

There seems to be enough room by looking at dissasembled pictures of T440S without having to do a single cut at all:
Compare this with my V330:
On paper it looks that it should fit completely without having to do any cutting at all, but even if you need to do so, it looks very easy without you needing any extra skill, take a look at the adapter, you may need just to cut the last part which is honestly not needed at all just build for Desktops maybe if extra mounting space or screws needed.
Look how i detailed the last unnecessary part of the Adapter that needs to be cut (can be done even with or without a knife, maybe just with hand as it has the lines ready if you need to cut the last unnecessary part:
View attachment 416284View attachment 416285View attachment 416286
Look how i did it and what i needed to do on my V330 in order to fit it due to small room for the long card and adapter:
As for you it seems very easy, just remove (brake with hand or with knife) the two extra mounting screw holes length half cut part of the card and it should fit perfectly well as it seems that theres way more extra room than my V330.

Here is the new SSDT-T440S.aml with iMac 17,1 Power Properties:
@Sniki thank you for the detailed information regarding the WiFi card, as well as the updated SSDT. I will test out the updated SSDT sometime today and report back.

@soeryobadja I would greatly appreciate it if you could report back with your findings on the T440 using that WiFi card. If you have success without much modification, I might buy myself one for my T440s to replace my DW1560 so instant hotspot works natively.

Also @Sniki - I'm quite interested in getting the new VoodooPS2 kext working with this machine. I'm the one commenting on your Github issue :D If I get some free time over the next few weeks, I might dive into the code myself if one of the maintainers cannot figure it out for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back