Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,
I updated yesterday to latest files and also updated my kext.
but somehow I have no audio through headset.
but in it recognizes the headset in audio preference as output.
The input remains to Internal mic even the headset have a built in mic.

thx

Attachments

• debug_12624.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 76
All the kexts listed on post install need to be installed on L/E (including the ones that are on EFI).
Clover does the automatic detection, you need them on EFI for System Updates or Clean install from Disk scenarios.
There's absolutely no problem with that and has never been any for me.
That's how it's properly documented by Apple (as RehabMan stated on FAQ) no matter what other forums or people on other forums say.

Thank you very much for feeding this valuable information. Learn something new as always from you.
I today installed Mojave on my T440 and using the T440 files on your Github. All works, including the battery status. However, there is no audio. I already use all_fix, but not result. My audio device is not detected.
Also, no mute mic function when I press F4 (although this might relates with no audio device detected).
Attached is problem reporting files.
Hope this is not off topic, even though my device is not T440s.

Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_13142.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
hi,
I updated yesterday to latest files and also updated my kext.
but somehow I have no audio through headset.
but in it recognizes the headset in audio preference as output.
The input remains to Internal mic even the headset have a built in mic.

thx
Well one thing is clear that you didn't read the guide at all, i wrote every step (one by one) on what to do.

1. You didn't install kexts into Library/Extensions/

2. Why do you have SSDT.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched ?
Power Management is already implemented with native SSDTs + PluginType=1

3. Drivers64UEFI folder is mess, i wrote every step (including photos) which drivers to install for Clover.
Check the guide again.

4. Since CodecCommander.kext is not even on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other nothing special, audio won't work on headsets or microphones.

Like i said all kexts need to be installed into Library/Extensions.

Read the guide, doesn't take you more than 5 minutes.

Stopped checking further as the major problems are found.

Thank you very much for feeding this valuable information. Learn something new as always from you.
I today installed Mojave on my T440 and using the T440 files on your Github. All works, including the battery status. However, there is no audio. I already use all_fix, but not result. My audio device is not detected.
Also, no mute mic function when I press F4 (although this might relates with no audio device detected).
Attached is problem reporting files.
Hope this is not off topic, even though my device is not T440s.

Thanks.
Off topic,
The guides have always been separate as these models have enough diferences to need separate guides.
Files are not updated to my latest changes yet, i have them locally and should be up later tonight including the guide.

About F4 that is not mice mute option on macOS, it is mapped as standard F4 button, i map it to Siri Shortcuts usually.

I can't give you any clear reason why you don't have audio if you are not on my latest files,
However you didn't read this guide either as your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other does have only EFICheckDisabler.kext
Read the "Preparing USB EFI Partition" all the kext listed there should be on your HDD EFI as well.

If that doesn't fix your issues wait for the guide and new files that should be up later tonight and then you can try them.
Make sure to read the guide step by step as everything is clearly explained and i spend a lot of time writing it so i don't miss any single step needed.

Last edited:
@CoBrA2168 here is the modified SSDT-T440S.aml with injected Power Properties into it.
Give it a try and see if you still have issues.
Only change you need is to replace your SSDT-T440S.aml with this one that i attached, reboot and test.

Attachments

• SSDT-T440S.aml
    7.7 KB · Views: 58
Sniki
please considering my wifi area and suggest me
can fit BCM94360CS2 in my laptop
I attached screenshot
Lenovo-Ideapad-320-14IKB.jpg

Off topic,
The guides have always been separate as these models have enough diferences to need separate guides.
Files are not updated to my latest changes yet, i have them locally and should be up later tonight including the guide.

About F4 that is not mice mute option on macOS, it is mapped as standard F4 button, i map it to Siri Shortcuts usually.

I can't give you any clear reason why you don't have audio if you are not on my latest files,
However you didn't read this guide either as your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other does have only EFICheckDisabler.kext
Read the "Preparing USB EFI Partition" all the kext listed there should be on your HDD EFI as well.

If that doesn't fix your issues wait for the guide and new files that should be up later tonight and then you can try them.
Make sure to read the guide step by step as everything is clearly explained and i spend a lot of time writing it so i don't miss any single step needed.

Thanks for replying.

:banghead: my bad, I forgot to put the kext on EFI. :banghead:
Now I put them already, but still no audio.
I guess i will just wait for your post and follow it.

Thanks for your great job.

Sniki
I attached screenshot
View attachment 416064

I am ordering my BCM94360CS2 with NGFF adapter myself for my T440. It has not come yet.
However, from the pic you gave, seems like it wont fit as the BCM94360CS2 has longer form factor than standard Intel card, whereas your laptop space next to the WiFi card is already quite small.

Once I have my card, I will check the dimension and put some photos with my stock Intel 7260 card which I believe has the same dimension with what is in your picture. Therefore you can measure.

Sniki
I attached screenshot
View attachment 416064
Off Topic ! this thread is for T440S

No you can't fit it, there's not enough place to fit it on your laptop, this is Lenovo 320-14IKB correct ?

Look at my Lenovo V330-15IKB and how much i needed to cut the adapter and the card to fit it:

Whereas for ThinkPad T440 and T440S as far as i checked some disassembled photos on google, it seems that there is enough place to fit it, maybe just cut the adapter length as theres no circuit past the Apple Card connector, just length for mounting it. you can cut it next to the screw

Well one thing is clear that you didn't read the guide at all, i wrote every step (one by one) on what to do.

1. You didn't install kexts into Library/Extensions/

2. Why do you have SSDT.aml into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched ?
Power Management is already implemented with native SSDTs + PluginType=1

3. Drivers64UEFI folder is mess, i wrote every step (including photos) which drivers to install for Clover.
Check the guide again.

4. Since CodecCommander.kext is not even on EFI/Clover/kexts/Other nothing special, audio won't work on headsets or microphones.

Like i said all kexts need to be installed into Library/Extensions.

Read the guide, doesn't take you more than 5 minutes.

Stopped checking further as the major problems are found.

hi,
first thx for your help.

I thought I have the option to load trough clover or lib/ext.
that why I place the kext there, because want it vanilla.

The sddt was just for testing. to check if I get better battery result with plugintyp or the sddt. it is just a left over.

Drivers64UEFI folder were also for testing the Filevault2. and some come trough updating the clover.

CodecCommander.kext....somewhere on the GitHub form AppleALC, I read that we don't need CodecCommander.kext and other kext that needed before.

sry for the mess, still learning.

I put all kext incl. CodecCommander.kext in lib/ext. plus the ha-ver in usr/bin and made new kextcache and than reboot. but still same problem, so put CodecCommander.kext all in clover and now it worked.
but sometime I can hear white noise sound in background and than it lost the sound.
I must replug it again to get sound.

thx

Attachments

• debug_8187.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back