Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I want to thank you for this excellent guide. I got my 100 euro T440s up and running with a fresh install of Catalina in about 30mins. Amazing. I am typing this now on the Lenovo.

Everything seems to be working perfectly, however, I can't see any temperature data in iStat Menus. Is there a way to enable the temperature data?

Kind regards,
Argie

Screenshot 2019-10-11 at 10.08.33.png

First off I want to thank you for this excellent guide. I got my 100 euro T440s up and running with a fresh install of Catalina in about 30mins. Amazing. I am typing this now on the Lenovo.

Everything seems to be working perfectly, however, I can't see any temperature data in iStat Menus. Is there a way to enable the temperature data?

Kind regards,
Argie

View attachment 429822
Thanks,
Glad you got it working good in such a small amount of time.

About temperatures, they should be showing up.

1. You must enable them somewhere, test with HWMonitor.app, you can get it there:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

If they show up with it, they should show up with iStats Menu as well.

2. Another thing you could try is use:
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • FakeSMC_ACPIsensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_LPCsensors.kext
  • FakeSMC_CPUsensors.kext

Keep in mind you need to remove:
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCBatteryManager.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
EFI/Clover/Drivers/UEFI :
Replace virtualsmc.efi with SmcHelper.efi

You also need ACPIBatteryManager.kext for battery status:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-acpi-battery-driver/downloads/

Reboot and see if it works.

Thank you very much. Replacing the kexts with FakeSMC did the trick. I can now see all the temperature data. Now just need to get a compatible wifi card and probably a new battery!

What's the difference between VirtualSMC and FakeSMC? Is one any better than the other?

Kind regards,
Argie

Hello, just to report my experience:

I upgraded from Mojave to Catalina via System Preferences. Updated all the kexts and config.plist/SSDT-T440s.aml to their latest respective versions. The install procedure took about an hour with all the restarts included. So far everything seems to work fine (including audio and audio jack) and smooth (although the system needs some time to settle down). The only thing not working so far that I've noticed is Bluetooth, with it's status reporting "Bluetooth: Not available". I tried both Rehabman's and Headkaze's BrcmPatchRAM kexts to no avail. AirportBrcmFixup and BT4LEContinuityFixup are latest. Any tips?

Hello, just to report my experience:

I upgraded from Mojave to Catalina via System Preferences. Updated all the kexts and config.plist/SSDT-T440s.aml to their latest respective versions. The install procedure took about an hour with all the restarts included. So far everything seems to work fine (including audio and audio jack) and smooth (although the system needs some time to settle down). The only thing not working so far that I've noticed is Bluetooth, with it's status reporting "Bluetooth: Not available". I tried both Rehabman's and Headkaze's BrcmPatchRAM kexts to no avail. AirportBrcmFixup and BT4LEContinuityFixup are latest. Any tips?
For bluetooth you need headkaze kext but instead of BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext you need to use BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext

For bluetooth you need headkaze kext but instead of BrcmPatchRam2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext you need to use BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
That worked perfectly, thanks a ton!

I installed MacOS Mojave (10.14.6) on my Lenovo T440 using your T440S guide and all data I found here: https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T440. All works very good... no WiFi, no Bluetooth and some problem with Siri, no problem for me because I don't need Siri.
Today I have received from AliExpress my new DW1560, I have installed it and I have executed the downgrade to BIOS 2.36 and now the WiFi works very good :cool: fantastic!
My problem now is Bluetooth... it not works :( and I need it for my mouse.
In System Information I not see any Bluetooth info, no Bluetooth installed in USB section.
Can you help me? I hope... thank you very much

I installed MacOS Mojave (10.14.6) on my Lenovo T440 using your T440S guide and all data I found here: https://github.com/Sniki/Lenovo-Thinkpad-T440. All works very good... no WiFi, no Bluetooth and some problem with Siri, no problem for me because I don't need Siri.
Today I have received from AliExpress my new DW1560, I have installed it and I have executed the downgrade to BIOS 2.36 and now the WiFi works very good :cool: fantastic!
My problem now is Bluetooth... it not works :( and I need it for my mouse.
In System Information I not see any Bluetooth info, no Bluetooth installed in USB section.
Can you help me? I hope... thank you very much
Which bluetooth kexts are you using?

Hi,
I used @Sniki's guide and files to get my Lenovo Carbon X1 Gen 2 working well in Mojave (thanks). It took two attempts but I was able to upgrade to Catalina using the Update function in Mojave. The audio works using the alc_fix but you have to disable the 'security' as stated earlier to run it. The only new issue is on my USB dock (OneLink Pro) the ethernet port doesn't return if you delete it. In Mojave I deleted it at times (in Network) and said yes when asked if I wanted to see it again as a workaround for showing the cable unplugged false message. it always came back and connected, in Catalina it doesn't return. The dock uses HS03 and SS03. I built a custom patch to USBinjectall using the guide and the audio and 6 USB ports all work. The dock has a display port and a DVI port I can get video out of them. Sleep is still an issue with the dock connected. My laptop has a Mini DisplayPort and HDMI out.
The miniDP is @FrameBuffer2 and the HDMI is FB1. When the dock is connected the DVI and Display port both use FB2 when I expected they would use FB1. This didn't change in Catalina.

Attachments

• Arnold’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    7.4 MB · Views: 96
  • config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 96
  • SSDT-X1GC2.aml
    3.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back