Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo Thinkpad T440S using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate when that happens. :mrgreen:

Whenever you have the USB fix ready, I'll test out both the new ALCPlugFix along with the USB. Will you be able to update the T440s repo so everything is consolidated in one place?

Thanks again!
Working on the files currently and will upload them within an hour if all goes well/as expected.

@CoBrA2168 thanks for finding the issue in first place, this issue brought in surface many other problems which now we fixed thanks to that.
This issue not only was it present on T440S but on all the **40* series ThinkPad laptops (X240,T440,T440P,T440S,L440, etc) as they all share the same smbios and almost identical hardware with slightly different ACPI between some of them.

A few remaining things that can be fixed/improved are
  1. Sinetek-rtsx that unfortunately Sinetek didn't upload the source of the working kext available on his thread at Insanely, if only we had that source, with the added commits of syscl, kext would've been 100% functional with Power Management working and wake from sleep (slow speed wouldn't have been a big issue and could've been maybe improved later).
  2. Small volume on internal speakers compared to Windows 10, if only we could've been able to improve or find a way to do a boost within AppleALC or CodecCommander, that would've been excellent.
  3. Wait for Acidanthera to implement IOproperties to read fan speed sensors like FakeSMC does for non AppleSMC keys as all the chipsets/sensors that are available on FakeSMC are all present on VSMC as well.
  4. Update ALC3232 patches with Dock Support, i have a codec dump done with dock attached thanks to a user that uploaded on one of my guides previously and send it to InsanelyDeepak for patching.
  5. Dock Video Ports (so VGA,DVI and HDMI) ports of the dock to work correctly.
  6. Acidanthera VoodooPS2 with Physical Buttons + TrackPoint support (which should be ready in september as they scheduled).
Aside from (6) and maybe (2) all these others are just bonuses but other users could benefit from them as well.
(2) can be resolved with BoomSound or how was the app to do the boosting but still, a kext/acpi fix would be much more pleasant.

Last edited:
Amazing progress Sniki!

Preparing to upgrade from 10.14.3 that I installed using your previous beta method in the High Sierra forum. Any issues with using Migration Assistant after a clean install?

Last edited:
@CoBrA2168 new updated files are up, test your USB Issues and see if they have been solved.

hi sniki,

thx for the big update.

i have a modified bios with advance settings and removed wifi list.
I changed in bios the size of the DVMT-prealloc memory to 128mb, so I don't need the usually 32mb patch ?.
Do your config file still contain the 32mb patch or is it in the kext WEG ?

thx

@Sniki thank you for the massive update on Gihub. I plan to incorporate those changes hopefully later today, if not in the next few days (life is busy right now).

I’m very excited to test out the USB updates! Thank you for debugging and fixing that.

As for #1 - I wonder if we can get in touch with @Sinetek to see if he can upload the most recent changes.
I never ran windows so never noticed that the volume was lower :mrgreen:
And I don’t have a dock unfortunately so I can’t help test or debug that.

Hello Sniki,

I've been reading the changelog of your latest update and I have a few questions:

I noticed this line: Added Windows 10, version 1903 OSI emulation (Windows 2019)
What is OSI emulation and how does it benefit us?

Also, it looks like you've added the VoodooPS2Controller.kext to the repo, why is that? Is something new here (comparing with the Rehabman's or Acidanthera's version)?

btw @CoBrA2168 may I ask which version of BIOS are you on? I'm simply asking out of curiosity, I wonder how many people here are on 2.36 versus a newer, but patched BIOS version.

@Fobos531 I'm still on 2.36. I don't have much of a need to be on the latest for the amount of time/effort it would take to flash a custom one.

I was also wondering why the VoodooPS2Controller was uploaded there. I'm still using the latest RehabMan version until the newer VoodooPS2 is completed.

@Sniki I managed to find time today to update everything. ALCPlugFix is working great. All other fixes seem to be applied to. The one I was hoping would help me out (the USB fix) unfortunately didn't seem to completely fix the problem. It does seem as if I'm having much better luck getting it connected, but I still notice from time to time it disconnects or reconnects. But it seems to have improved dramatically.

Were you noticing it completely fixed with these changes?

@Fobos531 some newer laptops require a emulation of a newer Windows, so in case a specific ACPI feature/function needs it, it is available there.

The VoodooPS2Controller is just a debug version of Acidanthera VoodooPS2, it has working TrackPoint and i left it there more of a personal archiving place.

The good thing is that it has working trackpoint and the kext in general itself works excellent on the non-upgraded touchpad so it has 100% compatibility with the standard TouchPad.

@CoBrA2168 Thanks for confirming the ALCPlugFix, it is working perfect so far and never got the static noise when plugging the Headphones or the other scenario where you have audio output for 2-5 secs and it starts fading until it gose sort of distorted and then completely goes away. none of the previous issues have shown so far.

Hmm...
On my Lenovo ThinkPad X240 it has been fixed 100%, have you replaced the config.plist as well ?
I removed Instant Wake Fix #1 which was probably touching the PRW of the USB Ports and was not causing the wake issue.
Only Instant Wake #2 was needed to fix instant wake from sleep, so i assume it had to do something with Power of USBs as well so that's why i removed Instant Wake #1

Another thing i did is i added EH01 controller back as the TouchScreen or Smart Card Reader does get there, on the port EH01 > PR11 > HP15.
Since T440 and T440S seem to have 100% exact bios, just the hardware changes. i did the assumption of thinking the ports of EH01 should be the same.

Here give this SSDT-T440S.aml a try, i disabled EH01 Controller completely for you and removed the EH01 and the port for touchscreen from SSDT-USB since you actually do not need it on your model.
Built the SSDT-T440S.aml for you with these changes, give it a try and hopefully it fixes your issue, it may be due to EH01 if it's not the same port.

Attachments

• SSDT-T440S.aml
    7.6 KB · Views: 72
@Fobos531 some newer laptops require a emulation of a newer Windows, so in case a specific ACPI feature/function needs it, it is available there.

The VoodooPS2Controller is just a debug version of Acidanthera VoodooPS2, it has working TrackPoint and i left it there more of a personal archiving place.

The good thing is that it has working trackpoint and the kext in general itself works excellent on the non-upgraded touchpad so it has 100% compatibility with the standard TouchPad.

@CoBrA2168 Thanks for confirming the ALCPlugFix, it is working perfect so far and never got the static noise when plugging the Headphones or the other scenario where you have audio output for 2-5 secs and it starts fading until it gose sort of distorted and then completely goes away. none of the previous issues have shown so far.

Hmm...
On my Lenovo ThinkPad X240 it has been fixed 100%, have you replaced the config.plist as well ?
I removed Instant Wake Fix #1 which was probably touching the PRW of the USB Ports and was not causing the wake issue.
Only Instant Wake #2 was needed to fix instant wake from sleep, so i assume it had to do something with Power of USBs as well so that's why i removed Instant Wake #1

Another thing i did is i added EH01 controller back as the TouchScreen or Smart Card Reader does get there, on the port EH01 > PR11 > HP15.
Since T440 and T440S seem to have 100% exact bios, just the hardware changes. i did the assumption of thinking the ports of EH01 should be the same.

Here give this SSDT-T440S.aml a try, i disabled EH01 Controller completely for you and removed the EH01 and the port for touchscreen from SSDT-USB since you actually do not need it on your model.
Built the SSDT-T440S.aml for you with these changes, give it a try and hopefully it fixes your issue, it may be due to EH01 if it's not the same port.
I did some more testing tonight, both with the original SSDT (from the repo) and the one in the post above from yesterday. Both are producing the same results - which is MUCH better than before.
1. The top left port connects my iPhone XS 90-95% of the time (whereas before, it was like 5%).
2. The bottom left port still only will charge the device, and almost never connects it.
3. The right port gives me the connect/disconnect problem.

So even if I can get it working with one port (the top left one), this is a huge improvement.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that I'm still using the MacbookPro11,1 smbios. Also I confirmed that all of your config.plist changes were merged into mine (all I kept were my serial number and GUI settings).

Wonderful guide Sniki! I bought a T440s i7 4600U 2.1ghz which is on the way through eBay. I might have lucked out as it appears that the BIOS is still on 2.32. If that is the case, would it be correct that if I update the BIOS to 2.36 and no higher, I can avoid the WiFi/BT adapter whitelist, and use one of your recommended adapters?

This will be my first attempt at a Hackintosh, and pretty excited. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back