Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a proper Linux port for the Card Readers:

It would be nice if someone can give this one a try and give us feedback if it does work properly and what are the speeds.

Also if all goes well, i should be able to return to monthly updates for the guides and plenty of improvements happened into hackintosh world recently, which all of them affect ThinkPads for a better support and experience.

Thanks in advance!

I'm using it on my Zbook 17 G5 laptop and performance/speed is very close to Windows/Linux.

It would be nice if someone can give this one a try and give us feedback if it does work properly and what are the speeds.

Also if all goes well, i should be able to return to monthly updates for the guides and plenty of improvements happened into hackintosh world recently, which all of them affect ThinkPads for a better support and experience.

Thanks in advance!
I tried it on my T440 (Monterey Beta 2 - Clover v5138) but it didn't work. Gave me a bunch of error msgs, I had no time to debug (and update to the latest beta) but then I'll do maybe today and report it to the dev. But it's promising so far seeing from the feedbacks.

Now someone just need to pick up that freaking combo-jack and then the laptops will pretty much done! :mrgreen:

I will fork ALCPlugFix-Swift and probably make an installer script for it to make life easier for everyone dealing with it.

I will also modify and adapt it to have the ThinkPad(s) ALC3232 (292) configuration by default and maintain it. (Until we permanently solve that crackling sound the proper way without any additional software).

Good luck with that!

Thanks in advance!
@Sniki - I hope you're doing well. Thanks for posting this - I plan on trying it today after work on my Mojave installation.

I'm still running pretty old software on my machine since I just don't have much free time anymore to mess with software installations. My next machine will inevitably be a "real" Macbook Pro just because it will be easier. I'll always keep my Thinkpad around running Mojave for compatibility with older applications which hadn't been updated, so I plan to continue to monitor your threads!

EDIT: @Sniki for your awareness, the new RealtekCardReader kext is working great with this machine. Again, I'm on Mojave still, but it is also supported on Catalina / Big Sur. I had to use a nightly build since the current release version does not have Mojave compatibility. Also, we need to add a boot argument to ensure compatibility with various SD Cards. I opened up a ticket for this issue on his GitHub page: https://github.com/0xFireWolf/RealtekCardReader/issues/18

Last edited:
Just picked up a T440S and digging your open core mods! Any chance for an update with 0.7.4? Thanks!

Just picked up a T440S and digging your open core mods! Any chance for an update with 0.7.4? Thanks!

replace the required files, and check and amend your config.plist with the sample.plist from opencore

then run ocvalidate on your config.plist to make sure of no errors

Thanks! OCAT and Kext updater seem to be thing.

@Sniki I'm not sure if you still monitor this thread or are even still around, but I was wondering if you could help me iron out my macOS Mojave (Clover) install when updating to using YogaSMC. I got it installed alongside the SSDT-ECRW.dsl, with the app and pref pane installed as well. While it seems to mostly work like the outgoing ThinkPad Assistant app, I was hoping to take advantage of the Battery Threshold / Conservation mode setting. Do you know if this should be working with our machines?

Also, FYI: I ended up fixing the RealtekCardReader issues with this machine with the developer of the kext mentioned above. The kext with the fix is found in the GitHub issue posted above: https://github.com/0xFireWolf/RealtekCardReader/issues/18

EDIT: I managed to port over almost all of your changes that you've made to the OpenCore updates to my legacy Clover / Mojave install. The only thing I wasn't able to get working were the Brightness Keys with the BrightnessKeys.kext file. I used the older method of patching out the 2 keys with an SSDT / ACPI Patch. The other thing I wasn't able to get working out of the box was the newer ALCPlugFix written in Swift. It looks like it was only compiled for macOS 10.15 or newer, so I'm going to try to compile it myself targeting 10.14.

I also still need to test out everything is working properly, but so far I'm very impressed with the improvements to the trackpad and also the usefulness of YogaSMC.

EDIT 2: I'm attaching a copy of ALCPlugFix-Swift built for macOS 10.14 (Mojave). Everything else appears to be working great!

Attachments

• ALCPlugFix-Swift-RELEASE_Mojave_2022-04-29.zip
    23.3 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back