Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I give up with iServices for this laptop. App Store and iCloud are working but can't get Messages to login. Did a try with new not yet activated serial and new apple ID with fresh install of 11.1 but still the same. After login to Messages it logs me out after couple of seconds :(

Yep, same here. I tried multiple ID's, created new ones, clean install, changed serials etc... no Imessages, and I doubt it's worth the hassle. Once again - Thank you @Sniki for the wonderful work.

BTW Someone said that their trackpad freezes from time to time. I noticed that on my machine, when I press Print Screen button, the touch pad freezes for some reason until I press the button again.

Very often the computer restarts after sleep.
On Boot menu I get a long text which states that there was an error,
after the system loads up everything, I get messages that the PC restarted because of an error.
Can't pinpoint exactly when this happens, but will give an update when I do.

I give up with iServices for this laptop. App Store and iCloud are working but can't get Messages to login. Did a try with new not yet activated serial and new apple ID with fresh install of 11.1 but still the same. After login to Messages it logs me out after couple of seconds :(
I Got myself a MacBook air and Messages and FaceTime worked fine. So Apple is blocking t440 and not a my Apple id.

Hey guys, first of all, i hope all of you and your families are doing well.

Received a Transcend M2 2242 256GB SSD which fits into the WWAN port.

Now i have dual boot on my T440S and will be able to keep my projects fresh and up to date more often hopefully.

Yesterday i installed 11.2.1 with latest OpenCore version and kexts.

The great news is that now the Card Reader works perfectly fine even after wake from sleep with latest version.

Latest version of VoodooRMI is not satisfying on the Upgraded Touchpad, it was perfect but now is kind of annoying whereas the standard one, people are saying that it improved decently.
I barely managed to install yesterday as it was late, and as soon as it finished, i tested card reader and went to sleep.
Tonight i will do some more testing and cleanup and update the guides during weekend-next weekend depending on my schedule, i want to include additional improvements and not only update the EFI with latest OC and kexts.

As for iMessage, it’s no use on trying, it is not blocking your machine but in never Apple ID’s it is impossible even if you correctly generate matching values.

Only way is to dump a ROM and MLB value from a genuine Mac that is not in use anymore and use these and generate your own Serial and UUID and that way it will work.

Hey guys, first of all, i hope all of you and your families are doing well.

Received a Transcend M2 2242 256GB SSD which fits into the WWAN port.

Now i have dual boot on my T440S and will be able to keep my projects fresh and up to date more often hopefully.

Yesterday i installed 11.2.1 with latest OpenCore version and kexts.

The great news is that now the Card Reader works perfectly fine even after wake from sleep with latest version.

Latest version of VoodooRMI is not satisfying on the Upgraded Touchpad, it was perfect but now is kind of annoying whereas the standard one, people are saying that it improved decently.
I barely managed to install yesterday as it was late, and as soon as it finished, i tested card reader and went to sleep.
Tonight i will do some more testing and cleanup and update the guides during weekend-next weekend depending on my schedule, i want to include additional improvements and not only update the EFI with latest OC and kexts.

As for iMessage, it’s no use on trying, it is not blocking your machine but in never Apple ID’s it is impossible even if you correctly generate matching values.

Only way is to dump a ROM and MLB value from a genuine Mac that is not in use anymore and use these and generate your own Serial and UUID and that way it will work.
Thanks for the update! While I'm still running Mojave/Clover, I still follow this thread pretty closely. Glad to hear some updates were added to the card reader kext - I'll be giving that a shot later today.

I always thought about snagging one of the m.2 cards and putting it in that slot. Glad to hear it works fine - maybe I'll snag one and throw Big Sur on it, so I can keep Mojave on the main SSD for my legacy needs.

Thanks for the update! While I'm still running Mojave/Clover, I still follow this thread pretty closely. Glad to hear some updates were added to the card reader kext - I'll be giving that a shot later today.

I always thought about snagging one of the m.2 cards and putting it in that slot. Glad to hear it works fine - maybe I'll snag one and throw Big Sur on it, so I can keep Mojave on the main SSD for my legacy needs.
Yes, Card Reader works perfect now.

About the M.2 SSD the one i got is the:
Transcend MTS430S 256GB, it is the M2 - 2242 form factor that fits well.

I will grab another one for my X240 as well.

It would be easier for you to try OpenCore on the new M.2 and have Big Sur.

Yes, Card Reader works perfect now.

About the M.2 SSD the one i got is the:
Transcend MTS430S 256GB, it is the M2 - 2242 form factor that fits well.

I will grab another one for my X240 as well.

It would be easier for you to try OpenCore on the new M.2 and have Big Sur.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I can have the best of both worlds.

I will let you know if I pick one up.

EDIT: Also, the latest card reader kext with the appropriate boot parameter seems to be working great on my legacy Clover + Mojave install. I didn't actually test sleep/wake yet, but I can do that later this week just to confirm it's working.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I was thinking. I can have the best of both worlds.

I will let you know if I pick one up.

EDIT: Also, the latest card reader kext with the appropriate boot parameter seems to be working great on my legacy Clover + Mojave install. I didn't actually test sleep/wake yet, but I can do that later this week just to confirm it's working.
If you want something on the budget and not in a hurry for delivery time:
€ 11,95 42% Off | KingSpec m.2 SSD 2242 120GB 240gb 500gb HDD 2242mm NGFF SSD M2 SATA 1tb 2tb Hard Drive for laptop Jumper 3 pro prestigio 133

Last edited:
If you want something on the budget and not in a hurry for delivery time:
€ 20,31 54% Off | SSD M2 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 120GB 240GB 512GB 256GB Hard Drive m.2 2242 SSD For Laptop Desktop ssd hard disk For Thinkpad T480 T470
T440s does not support NVMe AFAIK

T440s does not support NVMe AFAIK
Well i assume everyone should know that, as for the link, it was a misclick and copied the wrong link and i fixed it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back