Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guides would've been fully completed from last weekend for all line-up as they were almost ready.

In short words:
- COVID19 reached or house, mom and me not touched yet, the others light/medium symptoms, fortunately everything seems fine so far nothing to be worried about.
- HP8300 Hackintosh where my projects are stored is on my office (room) where my wife is using it to work from home and isolated there.
- If i get infected too, Would consider myself lucky if i have same symptoms as my family members, would spend some quality time to polish my hackintosh project like that while i deal and recover from the virus during that 3 weeks period.

Might complete them from my MacBookPro during weekend if all goes well.

Hey, best wishes Sniki. I hope the family recover soon and you stay clear. :thumbup:

hello, thank you Sniki for this guide and efi files! it's really amazing work. i'm really close to running it flawlessly on my t440s with secure boot enabled. i can't disable it unfortunately and i'm stuck with 8 apples glitch, because my screen is 1080p. i'm waiting for guide regarding patching EDID, because my attempts were all unsuccessful. hope you and your family are doing well!

Hi, may I ask that how your touchpads are working? I use T450 touchpad and it's to sensitive, I accidentally click everywhere if I move the cursor :) opening apps and so on. The scrolling and multi finger gestures are better than older efi version.

Has anyone managed to get Wake On Lan (WOL) working with this machine? I managed to get it working on my desktop hackintosh which uses the same ethernet driver (IntelMausiEthernet.kext) but I can't get it working on this machine.

To get it working properly on my other machine, I had to install it to /L/E instead of using injection. Once I did that, it worked as intended. I tried the same on my T440s but it doesn't seem to work either way.

@Sniki - I noticed you have AppleBacklightSmoother.kext in the latest files. Does this provide any sort of benefit over the previous method we were using with the legacy Clover install? I hope you're staying healthy and doing well!!

@CoBrA2168 i think on today's release for this month IntelMausi.kext got support for the WakeOnLAN on i219 series (if our Lan cards belong to this family).

See here for more details:

As for AppleBacklightSmoother.kext i will remove it since i haven't seen any difference with or without it.

@CoBrA2168 i think on today's release for this month IntelMausi.kext got support for the WakeOnLAN on i219 series (if our Lan cards belong to this family).

See here for more details:

As for AppleBacklightSmoother.kext i will remove it since i haven't seen any difference with or without it.
Thanks for the update (and hopefully you're personally doing well!).

It looks like our machine uses the I218 series of ethernet chips (source: https://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/ThinkPad/ThinkPad_T440s/ThinkPad_T440s_Spec.PDF) so this might not fix it. I had success with WOL on my desktop but as mentioned, I had to install to /L/E to get it to work. I can try again with the latest release here, but this did not work with the last release on our machines. As a reminder: I'm still on Mojave / Clover :crazy:

Thanks, Yes, we are all negative now, we are finished with Covid-19 finally and everyone is doing great and none of us had any trouble, just like a standard flu, nothing more or less.

Hmm, interesting but try one thing, if you still haven't done any modification of your Clover setup with my latest files.
Try this and see if WOL works:
Grab the SSDT-IGBE.aml from the repository and add it to your Patched Folder.

Remove _PRW ACPI patch for instant wake as it won't be necessary anymore thanks to that one.

Give WOL a try and see if it works for you (including latest IntelMausi released today).

Thanks, Yes, we are all negative now, we are finished with Covid-19 finally and everyone is doing great and none of us had any trouble, just like a standard flu, nothing more or less.

Hmm, interesting but try one thing, if you still haven't done any modification of your Clover setup with my latest files.
Try this and see if WOL works:
Grab the SSDT-IGBE.aml from the repository and add it to your Patched Folder.

Remove _PRW ACPI patch for instant wake as it won't be necessary anymore thanks to that one.

Give WOL a try and see if it works for you (including latest IntelMausi released today).
Glad to hear you're healthy. My family also went through COVID back in September but we're healthy now, thank goodness.

I'll give that combination a shot and see what happens. I'll give the kext a shot from acidanthera too - up until now, I've been using the latest development, official version from Mieze (https://github.com/Mieze/IntelMausiEthernet).

For some reason I cannot get imessages to work. Everything else works flawlessly. Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back