Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I cannot get imessages to work. Everything else works flawlessly. Great job!
For me same. I tired 2 good serial but can't login to imessages.

For some reason I cannot get imessages to work. Everything else works flawlessly. Great job!

For me same. I tired 2 good serial but can't login to imessages.

I tried once again. I can check everything in the The TLDR checklist.
I made a clean install with new serial and so on. I even made a fresh apple id for this time. Still I get message that I need to connect to costumer support.
Only thing is what I don't understand is the NVRAM part of config.plist, maybe there is something not right?
Like I understand we can't reset NVRAM with this laptop, or we will loose BIOS?

Has anybody working FaceTime and Messages? I understand @Sniki has it working With real MacBook serials. Thanks.

Has anybody working FaceTime and Messages? I understand @Sniki has it working With real MacBook serials. Thanks.
I do. In the past I just used any generated serial number and it always worked. When I did a clean install with this EFI a few months back I kept generated serial numbers until I got a "real" one from a not yet activated macbook as recommended in the OpenCore guide.

I do. In the past I just used any generated serial number and it always worked. When I did a clean install with this EFI a few months back I kept generated serial numbers until I got a "real" one from a not yet activated macbook as recommended in the OpenCore guide.
I give up with iServices for this laptop. App Store and iCloud are working but can't get Messages to login. Did a try with new not yet activated serial and new apple ID with fresh install of 11.1 but still the same. After login to Messages it logs me out after couple of seconds :(

FYI, this is might be useful for users of this machine, I learned something from my desktop hackintosh ventures over the past few days.

Long story short: I've been utilizing the Wake on LAN feature of my desktop machine to be able to remotely control it while away from home. The issue was that with "Wake for network access" enabled/checked, the WiFi speeds upon wake from sleep would be very bad. This is due to the WiFi kext (Broadcom) not waking properly, seemingly due to the "Wake over WiFi" feature.

Turns out AirportBrcmFixup kext has implemented a feature over the past few years to (by default) disable the Wake Over WiFi feature of the cards. Therefore, by installing this kext on my desktop machine, which uses native WiFi hardware, I can keep the "Wake for network access" enabled in Energy Saver settings (pmset) without having the slow WiFi side affect. The same would apply for this laptop, but I couldn't manage to get the Intel ethernet port to actually wake this machine just yet. I still have to try the suggestion from @Sniki last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back