Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my last Catalina 10.15.4 USB Installer was somehow corrupted, i just re-installed macOS Mojave and everything seems to be working fine, including the Card Reader.

I enabled OpenCanopy (the new GUI interface) of OpenCore and it looks like Apple Bootloader and it seems great.
Next update (0.5.9) includes the new boot manager which should make it significantly faster than it already is.
yes, 0.5.9 seems a little quicker on booting :)

I'm a beginner. how to EC Reset in Lenovo ThinkPad T440s? I have a problem with audio

I'm a beginner. how to EC Reset in Lenovo ThinkPad T440s? I have a problem with audio

I also had a problem with audio using headphones.

I solved it by disabling the alc_fix service from the Clover guide (sudo launchctl remove /Library/LaunchDaemons/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist) and then reseting NVRAM (it shows as a boot option if you set Misc -> Security -> AllowNvramReset -> True).

I also had a problem with audio using headphones.

I solved it by disabling the alc_fix service from the Clover guide (sudo launchctl remove /Library/LaunchDaemons/good.win.ALCPlugFix.plist) and then reseting NVRAM (it shows as a boot option if you set Misc -> Security -> AllowNvramReset -> True).
I fixed audio, thank you so much. The Audio is more Treble and Midi, little Bass. It's not warm right? I see in the Kext folder no have codecCommander.kext. Would do something with it ??

I fixed audio, thank you so much. The Audio is more Treble and Midi, little Bass. It's not warm right? I see in the Kext folder no have codecCommander.kext. Would do something with it ??
So is saying audio quality worse or better ?
Because this one has different Signal Processing Elements, we can revert that to the old one, or try to completely remove it

So is saying audio quality worse or better?
Because this one has different Signal Processing Elements, we can revert that to the old one, or try to completely remove it
my opinion is still ok. the audio is clear with my Edifier R1700BT speaker. If I want more Bass, I just increase Bass from that speaker.

Thanks, i am aware of that, im just saying other people from other forums, no complaints for someone here, it's a pleasure to work with all of you there.
I see many guides with my files all over the other hackintosh forums and 0 credits given and claiming they did the work.

No Problem about that, you already do help a lot with the constant feedback and already did a lot for these T440S in the community as initially i had no T440S and optimized it completely based on your feedback and others as well.

I will actually do the same tomorrow, since i do have a 13" MacBookPro Retina (early 2015) running latest Catalina as my daily driver, i will install Mojave on my T440S for compatibility with 32-bit apps.

TouchScreen doesn't seem to work on Catalina with OpenCore 0.5.8, last time i tried was OpenCore 0.5.7 running latest Mojave and it worked perfect minus the Card Reader that just started being developed by Coloman.
I guess they did some changes
Will soon come back to troubleshoot Audio and i will eventually find a way to fix that problem once and for all.

Just enabled OpenCanopy and it looks great, it's like the native Apple Bootloader but it's still not ready yet for release.
Maybe on the next one, if you noticed they are replacing the boot management on OpenCore which will be much faster.

MacPeet version seems fine for now, will do some little tweaking and add Dock support.
Until i discover how this Jack works, i will look for ways on making a kext or sort of daemon like ALCPlugFix but something that simply does switch Output and Input automatically when a jack gets plugged in.

Thank you all for the support !
Thanks for the updates.

Are you suggesting that you will be using the OC bootloader and kexts in this guide but installing Mojave instead of Catalina? That's also an option for me...I could update from Clover to OC with my existing install...hmm..

Thanks for the updates.

Are you suggesting that you will be using the OC bootloader and kexts in this guide but installing Mojave instead of Catalina? That's also an option for me...I could update from Clover to OC with my existing install...hmm..
Already done that, feel free to do so

Already done that, feel free to do so
Interesting - that might be what I do for now since Catalina is out of the question at the moment. If I do, I'll report back any issues.

Thanks again Sniki!!

I replace to DW1560 Wireless Card in the ThinkPad T440s, use OC bootloader + kexts in this guide. I have a problem that Bluetooth couldn't scan any device, Wifi is still ok. I try another kexts on the internet but doesn't work. Please, help me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back