Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sniki do you know if the USB power issue we were experiencing with the old configuration (on Mojave) was ever resolved in Catalina and/or with OC? If you recall, there was an issue powering certain devices (iPads, newer iPhones, etc.). I can't remember if we were ever able to determine if this was simply a hardware limitation/flaw or something with our software configuration.

I hate to say it but I'm still on the old, Clover configuration on Mojave. I haven't quite had the time yet to try to upgrade to OC, plus I was waiting to make sure all of the bugs were ironed out first. My system is very stable and I have no complaints, so I might end up waiting until I upgrade to Catalina and/or Big Sur whenever I finally need to.
I haven’t tested that problem to be honest.
I installed Windows 10 yesterday and i will keep it for a few weeks as i have some work to do. Will test on Windows 10 and possibly find the correct USB Power Properties on Windows 10.

First i want to make this clear to all users.
Docking Station is an accessory therefore it is the last thing on my To Do list and the lowest priority assigne
Only like 5% of users have docking stations.

Talking about the laptop:
The configuration is now finally perfect for me.
Everything works perfect aside the SD Card Reader issue after wake from sleep where you are forced to Force Eject and unplug/re-plug after wake from sleep.
That is something out of my hands and totally on the kext developer responsibility.

@CoBrA2168 feel free to replace man.
Best way for you to try is if you have a USB drive, format it and mount the efi and place the efi here, only place your smbios values in config.plist

Boot from USB and at OC Boot menu you choose your HDD/SSD where macOS is installed already, that way you boot the same drive but with the new configuration in testing mode. Test sleep and wake as well and other things in general, if it looks all ok to you and it passes your stability certification exam, mount the hdd/ssd efi and replace it with the new one.
Nothing lost.

What you can also do is now place the current clover efi on the usb efi as a recovery efi drive if for any reason something fails, you can boot it and resolve the issue.

I have an issue with wifi on windows with OP
Can you elaborate the issue in more details, what is not working, what is the behavior and what wifi card are you talking about.

Sorry @Sniki I don't want to post T440 related stuff here, but I got it running almost nicely with this package. Got WiFi also working dw1820a but only thing I noticed is that second battery is missing. I read somewhere that you're writing T440 guide also, I can test for you if needed. Thank you.

Hi. Super work you are doing Sniki. Thank you for it.
If I use it on plain T440 and not the S, what will not work or need more patching?

Thanks.
I use the T440s OC config from this thread and all works, except the second battery. I guess I should say that is all that I have found that doesn't work. If there is something, I have not found it yet.

I use the T440s OC config from this thread and all works, except the second battery. I guess I should say that is all that I have found that doesn't work. If there is something, I have not found it yet.
Yes, the only changes required are the SSDT-BATC.aml and the Battery patched methods, i also assume the MicMute in SSDT-KBD method is different, other than that i assume the rest is the same.

will compare in diffmerge when i publish the guide

I haven’t tested that problem to be honest.
I installed Windows 10 yesterday and i will keep it for a few weeks as i have some work to do. Will test on Windows 10 and possibly find the correct USB Power Properties on Windows 10.

First i want to make this clear to all users.
Docking Station is an accessory therefore it is the last thing on my To Do list and the lowest priority assigne
Only like 5% of users have docking stations.

Talking about the laptop:
The configuration is now finally perfect for me.
Everything works perfect aside the SD Card Reader issue after wake from sleep where you are forced to Force Eject and unplug/re-plug after wake from sleep.
That is something out of my hands and totally on the kext developer responsibility.

@CoBrA2168 feel free to replace man.
Best way for you to try is if you have a USB drive, format it and mount the efi and place the efi here, only place your smbios values in config.plist

Boot from USB and at OC Boot menu you choose your HDD/SSD where macOS is installed already, that way you boot the same drive but with the new configuration in testing mode. Test sleep and wake as well and other things in general, if it looks all ok to you and it passes your stability certification exam, mount the hdd/ssd efi and replace it with the new one.
Nothing lost.

What you can also do is now place the current clover efi on the usb efi as a recovery efi drive if for any reason something fails, you can boot it and resolve the issue.
"Passes your stability certification exam" :lol::lol::lol:

Yes I know it's a fairly straightforward process (thanks to your awesome guide!!). I will probably take 2 different USB sticks, one to put my existing Clover installation on (as a backup) and another to put the new OC configuration on. I am excited for the new Keyboard SSDT that I can use with the application that is available. As well as the possible stability improvements (even though it was already insanely stable).

"Passes your stability certification exam" :lol::lol::lol:

Yes I know it's a fairly straightforward process (thanks to your awesome guide!!). I will probably take 2 different USB sticks, one to put my existing Clover installation on (as a backup) and another to put the new OC configuration on. I am excited for the new Keyboard SSDT that I can use with the application that is available. As well as the possible stability improvements (even though it was already insanely stable).
I will order a NGFF SSD to place it on the 4G card slot so i have dual/triple boot as the SSD on the T440S is already only 120GB and have no space to share for another Operating System.

I use Windows, Linux, MacOS, so the T440S would become my Swiss Army Knife that way, the TouchScreen is also a bonus on Windows and Linux.

That would be the best way to test things out.
Yes the ThinkPad Assistant app is awesome, Mszturc started working on a kext but it won't come anytime soon, that way we won't need a single line of code on SSDT-KBD or Keyboard Method rename for keyboard buttons to work as they would work natively with the kext and the MicMute LED state save on cold boot/standard boot will be saved.

Also as for the Physical Buttons of the TouchPad and the TrackPoint the code will be removed from VoodooPS2 and ported to VoodooInput and then the issue will be fixed on latest VoodooPS2, i talked with Kprinssu for that.

It would be nice to have a port of the SD Card Reader as well so we can have full speed and proper Sleep Wake functionality.

3. WiFi card (I am using Airport Card CS2) that even though is connecting to WiFi but have a very slow close to no internet speed.
@Sniki found out the issue. Uncheck the Wake On LAN in Energy Saver solves the problem. Now waiting for your latest update on T440 for OC before putting it on my T440.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back