Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out today, that even in Shutdown (previously I said only in Restart), the alert tone sounds out.
Is this after a clean install? The tone to me would indicate that macOS is displaying some sort of alert to you right before the system shuts down. I wonder if something is running the background right before restart/shutdown that is causing that tone to play.

Is this after a clean install? The tone to me would indicate that macOS is displaying some sort of alert to you right before the system shuts down. I wonder if something is running the background right before restart/shutdown that is causing that tone to play.
Yes, I do a fresh install of Catalina on my T440.
Reset and shutdown always rings the alert sound, even if I dont have any process of active apps running behind.
Previously when in Mojave using Clover, Reset and Shutdown never rings any tone, even if I have running apps (say, an open website in Safari or Chrome) prior to Reset or Shutdown.

Yes, I do a fresh install of Catalina on my T440.
Reset and shutdown always rings the alert sound, even if I dont have any process of active apps running behind.
Previously when in Mojave using Clover, Reset and Shutdown never rings any tone, even if I have running apps (say, an open website in Safari or Chrome) prior to Reset or Shutdown.
Interesting. I guess that debunks my theory then. I wonder if anyone else who has updated to the latest files on Catalina has this issue.

I have one little issue though: the Audio.
It works perfectly fine through the speakers, but when I try using the headphones.. nothing. I made sure to manually switch the audio output like you wrote, but it didn't work for me either. Help me!
I am using DW1560 does it affect sound?

@statotec the problem for you is that you changed SMBIOS to MacBookAir6,2

That doesn't work with USBPorts.kext and therefore USB Ports have remained unimplemented for you.

If it's your previous iMessage values why you kept with MacBookAir6,2 then i will have to update USBPorts.kext to work with both:
- MacBookPro11,1
- MacBookAir6,2

Although the optimizations have been mainly done in the entire system for MacBookPro11,1 which i would recommend everyone switching to it.

Meanwhile, here is a updated USBPorts.kext for you which includes MacBookAir6,2 support and should solve your USB Problems including Bluetooth which is directly related to USBPorts.

Thx, @Sniki it works :)
i changed my SMBIOS settings now to MacBookPro11,1.

Nice work. :)

Last edited:
The DW1560 and the Lenovo 94352z card both worked great in my machine

Anyone using FileVault? I read in the changelog here that it works with the latest EFI, I just wonder if I need to do some extra setup or just enable it macOS. I never used it in my desktop hackintosh as I never felt the need, but it could be useful for a laptop.

Anyone using FileVault? I read in the changelog here that it works with the latest EFI, I just wonder if I need to do some extra setup or just enable it macOS. I never used it in my desktop hackintosh as I never felt the need, but it could be useful for a laptop.
Yes, if you are using latest EFI, all you need to do is just enable it in macOS, nothing else needed.

Thanks for confirming this.
After 2 weeks since I move from Clover to Opencore, everything is great!!!my t440s is much more responsive and faster in many aspects. I am sooo satisfied that I dont even consider Option 3 :)))))). t440s is my dailydriver and my works involve using a lot of Indesign, AutoCAD etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back