Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Sniki,
First of all thanks you for your time and wonderfull work letting noobs like me to have fully working Mac OSX.
Want to ask about BCM94360CS2, what exactly card you are using, what kind of adapter you purchased and how you managed to squeeze BCM94360CS2 to T440s?

Some cards won't list Wifi Networks unfortunately, i have seen and have a card like that, but one that i ordered on AliExpress (BCM94360CS2) works on all OS, except that i have to install it after setting windows as it doesn't work and come installed OOB like Intel cards do, same applies to Linux

No known fix for that.

Hey @Sniki , is this EFI (T440s) also usable for T440 or would it require any modifications?
I believe the T440S and T440 are exactly the same.

Just use the USBPorts.kext from the T440 repo, replace the one included on T440S EFI>OC>Kexts> and you should be good to go or wait for tonight.

Tonight i will add the T440 and L440 guides

if you add T450S I will be happy...

For sure, my plan is to backup first, then try to read whatever I get, then see where I can go with that..., luckily I did my homeworks and I safe longtime ago all the values, Serials, Licenses, macs, uuids, etc. I don't know where to put them all but one step at the time...

Anyway, congrats for the guide, keep the good work:thumbup:

@Sniki @raulmazda

I'm BACK! All in place, very useful information your comments in regards of the lnvActivation Raul, thanks. Now I have a bios programmer just in case :p

Sniki, how can I help you on the X250?

Old efi, probably just replaced config.plist instead of entire efi.
Or vice versa, you updated efi and you didn’t update Config.plist
I detected why: i use Opencore Configurator to edit the config.plist. it might added some more codes. Ihave no arise problem if I use Propertree.

I detected why: i use Opencore Configurator to edit the config.plist. it might added some more codes. Ihave no arise problem if I use Propertree.
be best to avoid Opencore Configurator as that can cause you issues

try xcode or PlistEditPro

dw1820a wireless: in a post in the t440p opencore thread @karnadi had success patching the pci-disable-aspm into the dsdt vs overriding in config.plist. This works for my T440s, and the easily reproducible hang from wake is fixed.

Attached is an AML to stick in OC/ACPI which will get sleep working.

With this unlocked, I can finally daily drive OpenCore :)

Attachments

• SSDT-dwl1820a.aml
    296 bytes · Views: 59
dw1820a wireless: in a post in the t440p opencore thread @karnadi had success patching the pci-disable-aspm into the dsdt vs overriding in config.plist. This works for my T440s, and the easily reproducible hang from wake is fixed.

Attached is an AML to stick in OC/ACPI which will get sleep working.

With this unlocked, I can finally daily drive OpenCore :)
Thanks @raulmazda
As you have seen... although DW1820A is rather a hardware - user side problem to be fixed, i have no choice but to make a universal solution as they keep reporting issues related to DW1820A as problems with my EFI although i mentioned that on each post that that specific problem is coming from that Card.

I will make a general SSDT for DW1820A cards so we can forget about them once and for all.

as for T440S/T440/X240.
I just realized that Adapter device wasn’t loaded under AC.
AppleACPIAdapter wasn’t loading at all.

i fixed that by providing a SSDT-ADP1.

Will update EFI(s) once i fix the DW1820A problems and test FileVault and update AppleALC docking station support.

Then the only issue should remain Video Output kernel panics when attempting sleep, restart or shutdown with a monitor plugged in(DisplayPort/DVI or VGA).

Thanks @raulmazda
Then the only issue should remain Video Output kernel panics when attempting sleep, restart or shutdown with a monitor plugged in(DisplayPort/DVI or VGA).
Is that only on the dock, or when plugged directly into the device?

Also, is the Keyboard SSDT updated and fully working with ThinkpadAssistant? I'm preparing to migrate over from Clover soon (on my existing Mojave install).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back