Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lenovo ThinkPad X240 OpenCore guide is up:

All the latest updates, patches, acpi, kexts and other improvements included

Enjoy !

Nothing else other than NVRAM can cause that.

As I said before, I know the mess is probably my bad, I'll review what I change from the good to the killer OC setup If I get to bring back my x250 from the dead.

Tomorrow I'll receive the ch431a, I don't see it as clear as @raulmazda explained(thank you for that), but I'll try my best :|. I only encounter the 1.0 version of the x250 bios and compare that with mine 1.27 would be useless.

As I said before, I know the mess is probably my bad, I'll review what I change from the good to the killer OC setup If I get to bring back my x250 from the dead.

Tomorrow I'll receive the ch431a, I don't see it as clear as @raulmazda explained(thank you for that), but I'll try my best :|. I only encounter the 1.0 version of the x250 bios and compare that with mine 1.27 would be useless.
I know, im not blaming you, im just saying that that's the section where it is necessary to be careful.

Make sure to backup even the corrupted one just for those necessary values to be saved, someone might help you so when you flash the new one, add back those important values.

X250, T470 and T470S will join the guides soon as well.

I know, im not blaming you, im just saying that that's the section where it is necessary to be careful.

Make sure to backup even the corrupted one just for those necessary values to be saved, someone might help you so when you flash the new one, add back those important values.

T470s! That's a pretty recent machine. Eventually I'll need something more powerful than my T440s for my workflow - debating between a newer, hackintosh-able Lenovo Thinkpad or just making the plunge to a real Macbook.

Seeing support (especially from you, @Sniki) on newer hardware like a T470s has me hopeful maybe I can continue using the Lenovo machines :thumbup:

For sure, my plan is to backup first, then try to read whatever I get, then see where I can go with that..., luckily I did my homeworks and I safe longtime ago all the values, Serials, Licenses, macs, uuids, etc. I don't know where to put them all but one step at the time...

Anyway, congrats for the guide, keep the good work:thumbup:

T470s! That's a pretty recent machine. Eventually I'll need something more powerful than my T440s for my workflow - debating between a newer, hackintosh-able Lenovo Thinkpad or just making the plunge to a real Macbook.

Seeing support (especially from you, @Sniki) on newer hardware like a T470s has me hopeful maybe I can continue using the Lenovo machines :thumbup:
To be honest i don't any of them just patched from users that requested help.

About the debate of going either for T470S or Macbook/Pro that is up to you.

As for newer hardware, i would like to jump into the upgrade wagon as well, not that i need performance that much but just to enjoy the other great benefits from them.

These are my next upgrade requirements:
- KabyLake Refresh or above (because even i5 models are QuadCore)
- NVME drive
- Precision TouchPad
- USB-C (preferably Thunderbolt 3)
- Longer battery life
- IPS 1080p+ and 300+ nits brightness
- Just Intel UHD Graphics, i don't need Dedicated GPU on laptop as i have my Desktop if i want gaming.

The X1 Carbon series are expensive and lack the battery life of the T series but idk.

I have to decide later, maybe late 2021 will be the year when i upgrade and probably go on latest models and buy brand new, as for now, i have to many gaps to fill.

To be honest i don't any of them just patched from users that requested help.

About the debate of going either for T470S or Macbook/Pro that is up to you.

As for newer hardware, i would like to jump into the upgrade wagon as well, not that i need performance that much but just to enjoy the other great benefits from them.

These are my next upgrade requirements:
- KabyLake Refresh or above (because even i5 models are QuadCore)
- NVME drive
- Precision TouchPad
- USB-C (preferably Thunderbolt 3)
- Longer battery life
- IPS 1080p+ and 300+ nits brightness
- Just Intel UHD Graphics, i don't need Dedicated GPU on laptop as i have my Desktop if i want gaming.

The X1 Carbon series are expensive and lack the battery life of the T series but idk.

I have to decide later, maybe late 2021 will be the year when i upgrade and probably go on latest models and buy brand new, as for now, i have to many gaps to fill.
I'm basically in agreement with your upgrade path as well - a lot of those requirements are on my list too. Especially the display and Intel graphics requirement (I just need a faster processor, no need for a dedicated GPU).

I'm also thinking that the T440s will serve me for the rest of 2020 and part of 2021 (especially if it supports macOS 10.16). I'll probably upgrade in late 2021 or 2022.

I'm basically in agreement with your upgrade path as well - a lot of those requirements are on my list too. Especially the display and Intel graphics requirement (I just need a faster processor, no need for a dedicated GPU).

I'm also thinking that the T440s will serve me for the rest of 2020 and part of 2021 (especially if it supports macOS 10.16). I'll probably upgrade in late 2021 or 2022.
Yes, and IMO, i still don't have a perfect wishlist laptop for upgrade.
I love minimalist design, great build quality, and a great looking display as that's where i will spend most of my time looking at. Same goes for Keyboard and TouchPad, these are a must

I have the 13" Retina MacbookPro (early 2015) with the ForceTouch TouchPad.

It's amazing how far behind Windows/Linux laptops are in terms of build quality, design and TouchPad.
Im afraid we won't see anytime soon a Windows laptop with a TouchPad on the level of MacBooksPro, it's just a fact on how great these touchpads are. They are much closer now with the precision touchpads but still not on that level.

So for me the next laptop may be:
- Newer MacBookPro or
- Newer Windows Laptop to complete my Windows and Linux use case.

Hackintosh on ThinkPads 90series and above will be a problem as the Wifi Card is soldered, however things may change and hopefully we get a working intel kext.

Dear Sniki
Thank you very much for your great work. Actually I am trying to switch from Clover to OpenCore. Clover works fine, but OpenCore has many advantages. My laptop is an old Acer V5-572p with i3 and Ivy Bridge Graphics from 2013. What do I have change in your config.plist to be able to boot to the desktop (ig-platformid)?. I will try to use the Ivy Bridge config.plist plausibility check on the Web.
Many thanks for your help.
Max
Dear Sniki
Sorry for the late reply.
Many thanks for your kind quick answer. Will try.
Best
Max

Hey @Sniki , is this EFI (T440s) also usable for T440 or would it require any modifications?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back