Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sniki
I did OPtion 1 and then the Option 2, things go very good and the machine is much smoother than before, Ram reported correctly 12GB, not 16GB as before. Will comeback to you as soon as anything arise. this machine is my daily driver dualboot :). I will try Option 3 if I have time.

p/s I ran PikerAlpha's ssdtPRgen.sh to make my SSDT.aml and added it into my config.plist aswellas my E/O/ACPI folder. The machine feels like 2x faster :))
I've got to agree with @Sniki on this one - since this chip is using Haswell, you really don't need (and shouldn't) use ssdtPRGen, from my understanding. In more recent versions of macOS, on newer Intel chips, it will be natively supported.

I need to use it on an aging Ivy Bridge machine, but Haswell and newer should be good to go.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if "PluginType=true" is an option for OpenCore, it looks like a separate SSDT is needed. I haven't checked the files yet to see if @Sniki included it or not, but here's the SSDT I'm referring to: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PLUG.dsl

EDIT 2: I just checked @Sniki 's files and they do indeed include an SSDT-PLUG.aml file, so we are good to go!

Last edited:
Nice, it’s almost identical to T440S, just some small changes and now that it’s stable and even better than Clover i will update all other ThinkPads as well.
T440s was pilot project for OpenCore due to higher user base.

Why did you add SSDT.aml ?
Power Management is already implemented.
System does use native OEM power management SSDTs and only needs the injected PluginType=1.

Is there really such difference because as far as i know and that i have tested nothing did change. Maybe that changed now.
I did not know that the SSDT.aml is no longer necessary. I did it for my Xeon E5 1620v2 desktop and i think the laptop also benefits from the SSDT too :). beside the audio thing as you said, everything goes flawlessly to me. battery time is also better.

Hi Sniki, this appears on my scree when it boots. The laptop still works great!

Attachments

• 20200602_235930.jpg
    20200602_235930.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 71
I've got to agree with @Sniki on this one - since this chip is using Haswell, you really don't need (and shouldn't) use ssdtPRGen, from my understanding. In more recent versions of macOS, on newer Intel chips, it will be natively supported.

I need to use it on an aging Ivy Bridge machine, but Haswell and newer should be good to go.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure if "PluginType=true" is an option for OpenCore, it looks like a separate SSDT is needed. I haven't checked the files yet to see if @Sniki included it or not, but here's the SSDT I'm referring to: https://github.com/acidanthera/OpenCorePkg/blob/master/Docs/AcpiSamples/SSDT-PLUG.dsl
Hahha i have an Ivybridge desktop too. It runs Catalina on Opencore 0.5.8 greats. Only flaw: ALC 887 not working. I tried all Alcid=xxx there are :))))

Hi Sniki, this appears on my scree when it boots. The laptop still works great!
Old efi, probably just replaced config.plist instead of entire efi.
Or vice versa, you updated efi and you didn’t update Config.plist

Dear Sniki
Thank you very much for your great work. Actually I am trying to switch from Clover to OpenCore. Clover works fine, but OpenCore has many advantages. My laptop is an old Acer V5-572p with i3 and Ivy Bridge Graphics from 2013. What do I have change in your config.plist to be able to boot to the desktop (ig-platformid)?. I will try to use the Ivy Bridge config.plist plausibility check on the Web.
Many thanks for your help.
Max

Hi @Sniki
First and foremost thank you so much for your amazing work. I just recently install catalina on my t440s using option 3 and it seems everything working fine expect audio(sort of) audio output is working on internal speaker and headphone jack except mic only laptop internal mic is working and there is not option to change it on menu sound icon
102380649_297790764723206_4061785361062297600_n.jpg

Dear Sniki
Thank you very much for your great work. Actually I am trying to switch from Clover to OpenCore. Clover works fine, but OpenCore has many advantages. My laptop is an old Acer V5-572p with i3 and Ivy Bridge Graphics from 2013. What do I have change in your config.plist to be able to boot to the desktop (ig-platformid)?. I will try to use the Ivy Bridge config.plist plausibility check on the Web.
Many thanks for your help.
Max
Off Topic, however things you will need to check is SMBIOS (Ivy Bridge MacbookPro model), ig-platform-id for HD4000 generation.
Patches, etc - there are many things
Hi @Sniki
First and foremost thank you so much for your amazing work. I just recently install catalina on my t440s using option 3 and it seems everything working fine expect audio(sort of) audio output is working on internal speaker and headphone jack except mic only laptop internal mic is working and there is not option to change it on menu sound iconView attachment 474007
You either have to change the input (mic) first before the output so it doesn’t dissapear from the menubar after you change the audio or go change it in Sysprefs > Sound > Input

Just basic macOS complications

Just did change from Sysprefs > Sound > Input but their is too much noise (tested in skype call) in built in microphone,line out microphone. previously i was using your clover guide never experience this noise problem in mic

Just did change from Sysprefs > Sound > Input but their is too much noise (tested in skype call) in built in microphone,line out microphone. previously i was using your clover guide never experience this noise problem in mic
I will fix that and add docking station audio support as well.
The reason is because this patch is from MacPeet and he didn’t add the audio corrections and signal processing elements to fix mic noise.
Will send a pull request this weekend with the fix for this into AppleALC.

After that the audio quality will be the same as with my patch.
Except this one will be without CodecCommander.kext and without ALCPlugFix and with Manual Mode switch.
Whoever wants can still use my previous audio method if you don’t mind ALCPlugFix and CodecCommander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back