Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440S [OpenCore 0.6.7]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Sniki
I just noticed today that my T440 running OC 0.5.9 and Catalina has problem of broken WiFi after Sleep.
The WiFi connects to the router, but seems like it has no connection.
I am using Apple's native WiFi card, BCM94360CS2.
Any clue on this?

Hi @Sniki
I just noticed today that my T440 running OC 0.5.9 and Catalina has problem of broken WiFi after Sleep.
The WiFi connects to the router, but seems like it has no connection.
I am using Apple's native WiFi card, BCM94360CS2.
Any clue on this?
I have no problem with that, i have that same card.

Guys there is a way to fix audio problem for now on automatic switch mode, without codeccommander and without AlcPlugFix, if we remove the LineIn (external mic support) from combo jack the audio will work perfect on headphones without static noise but you will get no Microphone support from headset, you will only have to use the laptop microphone.

We have a upcoming fix for the complete audio support but i can give no ETA on that.
For now that's an alternative that we have as an option.

It's good for me.
It will be temporary anyway, once i get the binpatch for the LineIn (External Microphone from ComboJack) to enable VREF 80 in automatic mode, this problem will be gone however for now it may be a good solution because i have to wait for that patch from someone else.

Thanks for your Work Sniki :D

now wait for the WiFi Card, and then do an BIOS Downgrade to 2.36 and switt that crappy Intel Wireless N 7260 to the DW1820A :D

It will be temporary anyway, once i get the binpatch for the LineIn (External Microphone from ComboJack) to enable VREF 80 in automatic mode, this problem will be gone however for now it may be a good solution because i have to wait for that patch from someone else.
You can make any request for me, to contribute to the community and help myself. I have 2 computers running hackintosh and my laptop is still free. I can be a white mouse to help us.

I updated ALCPlugFix to v1.7
Next is CodecCommander.kext with some more cleanup to do

Then patch the AppleALC with Docking Station support and use that as a fully working audio solution until we find the way to fix it so it works without CodecCommander.kext and without ALCPlugFix

Hello, i have small problem.
Mini DisplayPort not working when i use mini-DP converter -> HDMI, the screen become black, and there are no signal on the TV
This is very important for me, i use it regulary.

On my old installation (mojave), I've had the same problem
I had to add con1 and con2 frame buffer patches

how to do with opencore ?
thank you very much for your help

Making Intel WiFi and Intel Bluetooth work

For everyone still using the built-in Intel 7260 AC as I am, there is now a fairly good solution to make it work quite reliably.

WiFi

- download and build itlwm (build itlwm not itlwmx, for example using xcodebuild -project itlwm.xcodeproj -target itlwm -configuration Release
- disable AirportBrcmFixup, BT4LEContinuityFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmPatchRAM3 in Config.plist
- add itlwm.kext to Config.plist

The itlwm.kext is firmware ported from Linux and it looks like Ethernet not Wifi (you will get a new en1 adapter). Because of that there is no WiFi GUI provided by macOS as it thinks it is an Ethernet adapter.

You can edit the Info.plist file in itlwm.kext before copying it to the EFI and fill in ssid+password for any number of WiFI networks you like.

Or you can download HeliPort. It is an utility that sits in the menu bar and looks like the standard macOS WiFi GUI. It shows you a list of WiFi networks in range and allows you to connect to any of them, no need to edit Info.plist.

I have been using itlwm for the past few weeks, light usage as the Thinkpad is not my main machine, but it worked quite well, no problems encountered.

Bluetooth

- download latest IntelBluetoothFirmware kexts
- disable AirportBrcmFixup, BT4LEContinuityFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmPatchRAM3 in Config.plist
- add both downloaded kexts (IntelBluetoothInjector and IntelBluetoothFirmware) to Config.plist

I tested with BT headphones and it worked just fine, both the headphones and the microphone. It might be a good alternative to the audio jack problems if you also have BT headphones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back