Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the stock CPU back in to debug.

If the laptop now boots, the issue will likely be that your charger does now have enough power for the 4810.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply! I put the old one back on and it boots fine. I have a 90W charger so that should not be the problem right?
Is this how you fixed yours?

The 4810 is a 47W CPU, 4300/4600 is 37W.

You'll need a 135W charger, as your CPU consumes more power.

Does the 4810 boot on battery?

The 4810 is a 47W CPU, 4300/4600 is 37W.

You'll need a 135W charger, as your CPU consumes more power.

Does the 4810 boot on battery?

The laptop does not boot at all, Battery or not. I have the integrated graphics T440p. In the manual it specifies that the AC for quad-core CPUs (the 4810mq is one of them) with integrated graphics is the 90W one. I am very confused. I just want to be as sure as possible that the CPU is faulty... Thanks for your help!

Attached are screenshots of the T440p specs.

Attachments

• Selection_017.jpg
    Selection_017.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 104
  • Selection_018.jpg
    Selection_018.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 120
The laptop does not boot at all, Battery or not. I have the integrated graphics T440p. In the manual it specifies that the AC for quad-core CPUs (the 4810mq is one of them) with integrated graphics is the 90W one. I am very confused. I just want to be as sure as possible that the CPU is faulty... Thanks for your help!

Attached are screenshots of the T440p specs.

Do you have a message on boot that says there is not enough AC power or just black screen?

Can you access BIOS with the 4810?

Do you have a message on boot that says there is not enough AC power or just black screen?

Can you access BIOS with the 4810?

Totally black screen. No bios, no message nothing...

Sounds like a faulty CPU.

Take it out, check if any pins are bent.
Yeah, I did that a few times and all looks good... I don't know what else to check to be honest... I've contacted the seller. Let's see what they say.

Hi! Maybe somebody has a VoodooPS2Controller with update for 10.15? Prefpanel don't view in System Preference and trackpoint worked on 10.15... so so...

Happy new year @Sniki , I trust all is well at your end? I now own a Thinkpad T470s and I'm wondering if we can work on a guide for it. I am currently running on 10.15.3 with some issues still left work on.

Is it possible to get VGA working on this machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back