Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks good!
View attachment 384103

Regarding DSDT you can find it in the first tab in Clover Configurator under "ACPI" - scroll through the patches and see if you can find "Change BOD3 to HDAU" or else you can skip it.

Try it out and see if it works don't forget to reboot between changes in Clover.
I might have some other fixes for you if it doesn't work, I had the same issue and have tried to solve it for a few days and successfully managed to do so yesterday.

Hi,

I have the exact same problem ChewyJetPack had but the KextsToPatch and Change BOD3 to HDAU trick didn't work. :(. I'm running Mojave 10.14.6.

Emba, do you have any trick left in your pocket ?

Marc,

I used https://github.com/jloisel/t440p to get my T440P working in Mojave pretty much 100% (just the card reader, fingerprint reader, and WWAN don't work). alx_fix created by Tony works great; however, I cannot get audio to work out of the ultra dock. Power and ethernet work but the audio, USBs, etc do not. When I boot up on the dock, all is good, and audio comes out of the laptop speakers, then the headphone jack when I plug in, but when I plug into the dock's headphone jack, the other two stop working but no audio from the dock itself. When I unplug from the dock, audio goes back to the laptop. So it seems that auto detect is working on the dock, but audio is just not being routed there. Would love to get it working somehow.

Please help me! Everything is working fine as expected but the only problem i have with my t440p is that when i connect the charger the Hackintosh reboots randomly....

Please help me! Everything is working fine as expected but the only problem i have with my t440p is that when i connect the charger the Hackintosh reboots randomly....

Did you upgrade your CPU?

You may need a higher watt charger for your CPU if you are getting reboots when plugging in AC power.

Last edited:
I have a fairly slow i5 cpu, would that really be the problem?

When I upgraded the stock i5 to the i7 4910MQ, the laptop would reboot black screen and warn AC is not sufficient. It needed a 135w charger instead of 65w to run.

Things you could try:

- Booting in safe mode from Clover and see if the reboots still occur.
- A different lenovo charger that matches the power requirements of your CPU.
- Check your BIOS settings to see the behaviour of your laptop is correctly specified under AC power.
- Update your drivers and BIOS with Lenovo Vantage.

I would expect the issue is with your charger if your laptop is stable with battery.

When I upgraded the stock i5 to the i7 4910MQ, the laptop would reboot black screen and warn AC is not sufficient. It needed a 135w charger instead of 65w to run.

Things you could try:

- Booting in safe mode from Clover and see if the reboots still occur.
- A different lenovo charger that matches the power requirements of your CPU.
- Check your BIOS settings to see the behaviour of your laptop is correctly specified under AC power.
- Update your drivers and BIOS with Lenovo Vantage.

I would expect the issue is with your charger if your laptop is stable with battery.

I have a 90W/20V charger maybe thats the problem? it is too much? what is weird is that it did not reboot with the same charger when it had Windows 10 installed.

I have a 90W/20V charger maybe thats the problem? it is too much? what is weird is that it did not reboot with the same charger when it had Windows 10 installed.

90W is fine.

I suggest you use a known EFI like jloisel's to see if the reboot issue is with your own config.plist.

Back up your machine before doing so.

Hi everyone.
I just got my t440p and I'm trying to install catalina by jloisel's guide.
When I boot from the USB with the right options set I get a hangup of about a minute or so where it says "Incompatible CPU" and "Incompatible PCH".
After a while the installer boots but at that point my keyboard nor my trackpad are functional. When plugging in an external mouse and keyboard, those work just fine.
But now when I try to continue the installation I get an error saying I need an internet connection to install MacOS, while I just have a known working LAN cable plugged into the laptop.
Have you got any idea on how this problem could be solved?

When it says to move kexts into /Library/Extensions does this mean I should remove them from the EFI partition (clover/kexts/other)? Or should it be a mirror? It's confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back