Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys for this guide! With some effort I was able to make Hackintosh work on my T440p!
However, there is a couple of problems that I can't fix:
- No audio in DisplayPort - I've tried every possible fix (framebuffer patches, VoodooHDA, etc.), VoodooHDA made the HDMI output appear in Sound Settings but there was no sound. Hackintool also doesn't show any HDMI audio.
- Kernel panic when undocking the laptop

Any idea how to fix those?
Thanks in advance!

I managed to fit an Airport card from MBA 2012 (BCM943224PCIEBT2) into my T440p!
Card.jpg

Here's a how-to: https://github.com/notthebee/t440p-airport

I know this is the high Sierra thread. but.

Has anyone got a 4k monitor working from the Mini DisplayPort in Mojave? With default settings 2560x1440 is the highest resolution possible. 4k output works perfect under linux.

I've managed to get it somewhat working by changing the framebuffer-fbmem/stolenmem/unifiedmem/flags (+enable-hdmi20) in WhateverGreen. But if I change the stolenmem/fbmem values from default, some apps no longer work properly. e.g. Firefox just displays a white box (but you can still click around as if it was working), Google Chrome/Clover configurator have similar issues. (interestingly safari works OK).

So it looks like I need to increase the stolenmem/fbmem values but I don't know what values will get me 4K output and normal working apps.

FYI: I haven't modded my BIOS yet, I'm hoping it will unlock the DVMT options (?) so I can give those a try.

Has anyone got a 4k monitor working from the Mini DisplayPort in Mojave? With default settings 2560x1440 is the highest resolution possible. 4k output works perfect under linux.

I've managed to get it somewhat working by changing the framebuffer-fbmem/stolenmem/unifiedmem/flags (+enable-hdmi20) in WhateverGreen. But if I change the stolenmem/fbmem values from default, some apps no longer work properly. e.g. Firefox just displays a white box (but you can still click around as if it was working), Google Chrome/Clover configurator have similar issues. (interestingly safari works OK).

So it looks like I need to increase the stolenmem/fbmem values but I don't know what values will get me 4K output and normal working apps.

FYI: I haven't modded my BIOS yet, I'm hoping it will unlock the DVMT options (?) so I can give those a try.

1080p only for me on an unmodded BIOS. I'm also waiting for the programmer to arrive to flash.

Does anyone have the cardreader working?

Does the modified BIOS also remove battery restrictions?
My girlfriend has a T440P with an aftermarket battery from "GreenCell". It's good quality, she's had it for a year, and now the laptop refuses to charge it. Throws an error at boot about "not genuine lenovo or authorized" battery.

I would hope so. I also just ordered x2 57++ 9 cell non-Lenovo batteries from AliExpress.

Hi @Sniki , do you have any guide to control Fan speed for T440p via DSDT or SSDT?
I want to control Fan speed base on temp, although now it worked with BIOS, but I want to make Fan run at lower temp.
Thank you.

Has anyone noticed bluetooth is working on the stock wifi card (Ericsson N5321) for the T440P in Catalina Beta 10.15 (19A471t)?

I've been able to connect to headphones and my phone file exchange.

As I have not yet unlocked my BIOS and exchange the card, bluetooth and wifi have previously been blocked for me in Mojave.

Can anyone else verify bluetooth is working in Catalina Beta?

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed bluetooth is working on the stock wifi card (Ericsson N5321) for the T440P in Catalina Beta 10.15 (19A471t)?

I've been able to connect to headphones and my phone file exchange.

As I have not yet unlocked my BIOS and exchange the card, bluetooth and wifi have previously been blocked for me in Mojave.

Can anyone else verify bluetooth is working in Catalina Beta?

Weird.

It seems bluetooth is sometimes available in System Preferences on boot, sometimes not.

bluetooth.jpg

Updated to latest Beta.

Is anyone else able to connect on the stock wifi card?

Last edited:

Any luck getting 4k output on the mini displayport? Would you happen to have dock and know if the dock will output 4k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back