Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was never about disabling the integrated graphics. What we're trying to accomplish here is disabling the Nvidia card that cannot be made to work in macOS to save battery life. DO NOT risk trying to disable the integrated graphics because it will brick your laptop and the screen won't turn on.

So, by looking at your kernel log, I can see that the 'If (VMSH || \_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID.OMPR == 0x03)' check is not succeeding. VMSH is Zero and OMPR is 0x02. No wonder why the code in GPOF is not being executed.

OMPR is being set to OPCE in _SB.PCI0.PEG.VID.NVOP, which I suspect to be 0x02. It is also being set to 0x02 at the end of GPOF method (which is not being executed).

Another thing is that VMSH is being set to 0x00 (Zero) in _SB.PCI0.IGPU.VRSI (and VRSI is being called from _SB.PCI0.PEG.VID._INI) because you're simulating 'Windows 2012' which is Windows 8. In VRSI, it will be set to 0x01 (non-Zero) if OSYS is greater than or equal to '0x07DD', which is 'Windows 2013' or Windows 8.1.

To sum this up, you should try simulating 'Windows 2013' instead of 'Windows 2012' in SSDT-XOSI.aml and the GPOF code will be executed just fine.

Maybe @RehabMan can add further notes?

Here are the new SSDT-XOSI.aml and SSDT-DGPU.aml (I added code to check OSYS value just to make sure XOSI is simulating the right version). Test and report back with full problem reporting files and a new kernel.log.

Wrong typing hah... I mean turn off the Nvidia card not the integrated one. As I know, he integrated card control the display so it's impossible to turn it off. But I don't find the option - @Sniki I think the option is removed even in advanced menu.

And finally, it boot with SSDT-DGPU.aml!!!! I am testing if battery life is longer - for now, 89% -> 63% in 40 minutes which is not bad. I don't know if there is hidden problem so I upload full problem reporting files.
Thanks a lot for your help! @the-braveknight @Sniki & @RehabMan

Attachments

• Problem Reporting.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 84
Wrong typing hah... I mean turn off the Nvidia card not the integrated one. As I know, he integrated card control the display so it's impossible to turn it off. But I don't find the option - @Sniki I think the option is removed even in advanced menu.

And finally, it boot with SSDT-DGPU.aml!!!! I am testing if battery life is longer - for now, 89% -> 63% in 40 minutes which is not bad. I don't know if there is hidden problem so I upload full problem reporting files.
Thanks a lot for your help! @the-braveknight @Sniki & @RehabMan

Note the SSDT-DGPU.aml you're using contains debugging code for ACPIDebug. Since we identified and eliminated the problem preventing GPOF from executing (by simulating 'Windows 2013'), you can safely use a normal SSDT without these debugging codes and eventually delete ACPIDebug.kext.

Anyway, this is the SSDT-DGPU.aml without ACPIDebug codes.

Attachments

• SSDT-DGPU.aml
    147 bytes · Views: 133
Last edited:
Note the SSDT-DGPU.aml you're using contains debugging code for ACPIDebug. Since we identified and eliminated the problem preventing GPOF from executing (by simulating 'Windows 2013'), you can safely use a normal SSDT without these debugging codes and eventually delete ACPIDebug.kext.

Anyway, this is the SSDT-DGPU.aml without ACPIDebug codes.
Thank you for investigating the issue, I couldn’t have done it with your help.
Tonight i will update the guide & add the new files.

Thank you for investigating the issue, I couldn’t have done it with your help.
Tonight i will update the guide & add the new files.
hi,
hey sniki any update for t440 ?

thx

hi,
hey sniki any update for t440 ?

thx
Yes its almost ready.
Just need to write the guide,files should be ready i guess,not sure if i have usb port injector,if not,then i might need you to do some testing to capture active usb ports.
If all goes well should be up on weekend.

Yes its almost ready.
Just need to write the guide,files should be ready i guess,not sure if i have usb port injector,if not,then i might need you to do some testing to capture active usb ports.
If all goes well should be up on weekend.

yes i‘m ready for that :D

Hi @Sniki
Knowing that you will update the guide soon, I have some other problem reports
  1. KBD: F7 without Fn (projector key) seems not working. It isn't attached to any key when I test it in shortcut setting. And I don't understand the function of PrtSc which is attached to F13. Personally I think PrtSc can be the switch to turn off/on the touchpad since it will easily interrupt when typing. Home & End keys are also not working.
  2. Trackpoint is not working.
It's nice of you if you can fix it in the coming update. Thanks!

Hi @Sniki
Knowing that you will update the guide soon, I have some other problem reports
  1. KBD: F7 without Fn (projector key) seems not working. It isn't attached to any key when I test it in shortcut setting. And I don't understand the function of PrtSc which is attached to F13. Personally I think PrtSc can be the switch to turn off/on the touchpad since it will easily interrupt when typing. Home & End keys are also not working.
  2. Trackpoint is not working.
It's nice of you if you can fix it in the coming update. Thanks!
1. F7 doesn’t generate a Fxx key but it directly works as Mirroring/Video On/Off key, you have to test it via AirPlay Mirroring to see if it works or not.

2.PrtSc is assigned to F13 which you can assign it to whatever shortcut you want,
About disabling TouchPad I didn’t check what is the code to do so,i can provide it if i find it and leave it for whoever wants to use it,simply by editing the SSDT-KBD. (F7 notify code).
But by default i will leave PrtSc to F13 and recommend to assign it as Print Screen Select Area. (As that’s what is meant for)

3.Home/End key is working for me on my L440, you will have to install debugging version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext to see what code it does generate and then map them to their correct functions.

4. Will check if the problem is the kext or SSDT as my trackpoint is working fine.

Hi @Sniki,

I want to thanks this massive amount of work that you are putting here. I have just one question, can this guide be used in a T440s?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Sniki,

I want to thanks this massive amount of work that you are putting here. I have just one question, can this guide be used in a T440s?

Thanks in advance!
For T440S i have everything ready,just need to capture active usb ports so i can make the USB Port Injector.
Will send you the files for testing during these upcoming days and let you capture active usb ports for me since I don’t have the laptop and then write the guide for T440S too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back