Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Rehab's Clover with your new config.plist

View attachment 302427

It shows Fan RPM.
Sound works.
Brightness works.

Thanks!

Noticed that battery stats gets stuck on the value read at boot time. However, Activity Monitor.app reads the same value as HWMonitor.
Ok thats great.

About Battery stats:
So the problem is that the menu bar icon stays at the percentage that laptop battery was when system booted and not going down while activity monitor report correct values ?

Does the percentage refresh when you click on battery icon on menu bar or go to energy saver on sysprefs

Are you using latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext ?

If so then we might need to add an extra SSDT.

Will check when i get back home.

Ok thats great.

About Battery stats:
So the problem is that the menu bar icon stays at the percentage that laptop battery was when system booted and not going down while activity monitor report correct values ?

Does the percentage refresh when you click on battery icon on menu bar or go to energy saver on sysprefs

Are you using latest ACPIBatteryManager.kext ?

If so then we might need to add an extra SSDT.

Will check when i get back home.

Yes, ACPIBatteryManager.kext is the latest one.

energy saver and activity monitor show the actual battery level.
Clicking on the battery icon is not enough to force refresh. I must deselect and re-select the option "show percentage"

Unplugged Power charger for a while.
Before disabling "Show Percentage", still shows "Charging".
batterystats_before.jpeg

After re-activating "Show Percentage", reads the battery.
batterystats_after.jpeg

Power Adapter is plugged in for a while, still shows "Power Source: Battery" and the last read level.
batterystats_charging.jpeg

Seems to be just a cosmetic problem, since battery level is being correctly reported by other applications.

Edit: Found this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8097721 but afaik there's no SMC on hackintosh :D

By the way, your codec ALC3232 is great!
I can imagine the effort put into it. I've made half way through Complete AppleHDA Patching Guide from "EMlyDinEsH"

Last edited:
Yes, ACPIBatteryManager.kext is the latest one.

energy saver and activity monitor show the actual battery level.
Clicking on the battery icon is not enough to force refresh. I must deselect and re-select the option "show percentage"

Make sure all "kexts you need" are installed to /L/E.
Also, if you have SSD, make sure TRIM is disabled, especially if you have installed to APFS.

Make sure all "kexts you need" are installed to /L/E.
Also, if you have SSD, make sure TRIM is disabled, especially if you have installed to APFS.

Disabling TRIM solved it.

(I have all kext needed on /L/E and I'm using APFS)

Thank you RehabMan.

Last edited:
So you mean that Brightness up button does decrease brightness and Brightness down increases brightness ?

About Fn Buttons:
Theres no Fn Fxx key left to be assignable to sysprefs>shortcuts, its up to you if you want to customize it.

I prefer siri over mic mute since I don’t need to mute mic and i use siri more often.

I might look later into that mic mute shortcut but for now im busy working on other projects.

I will check on how to disable your discreteGPU and fix that.

If the brightness up/down are inverted; i will fix that.

Intel Bluetooth not supported therefore don’t expect it to work correctly

Volume control on HDMI/MiniDP is obvious, you control it from your device that you connected, lets say its a TV
You control volume from your TV.

If laptop auto reboots i will check if it has different patch but without problem reporting files I can just guess blindly.
Thanks I got it!

Is that now my discreteGPU is on but clover cheat macOS to ignore it? It is not really DISABLE. Battery life is short because of it.

Fixed KBD.asl is attached.

Thanks for your great contribute!

---

I have some feedbacks new:
  1. A problem about KBD: F7 without Fn (projector key) seems not working.
  2. Boot when MiniDP connected fail and auto reboot.
  3. Trackpoint not working
  4. macOS can't recognize my HDD which replace Optical drive (SATA).
W87OshE.png

WYVMXYl.png

Only one partition and MSR has been removed. The HDD is OK in Windows 10. I tried to format it in macOS and error.
Problem reporting files are attached.
pigcCoV.png

When you finish other projects. Could you please help me about it. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• SSDT-KBD-new.dsl
    2.3 KB · Views: 111
  • problem-reporting-20171230.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Thanks I got it!

Is that now my discreteGPU is on but clover cheat macOS to ignore it? It is not really DISABLE. Battery life is short because of it.

Fixed KBD.asl is attached.

Thanks for your great contribute!

---

I have some feedbacks new:
  1. A problem about KBD: F7 without Fn (projector key) seems not working.
  2. Boot when MiniDP connected fail and auto reboot.
  3. Trackpoint not working
  4. macOS can't recognize my HDD which replace Optical drive (SATA).
W87OshE.png

WYVMXYl.png

Only one partition and MSR has been removed. The HDD is OK in Windows 10. I tried to format it in macOS and error.
Problem reporting files are attached.
pigcCoV.png

When you finish other projects. Could you please help me about it. Thanks a lot!
did we previously try to disable DiscreteGPU ?
i remember that a T440P had discreteGPU and i disabled it but he had issues with sleep, so i want to make sure if you need to disable it completely or if you have that issue we Enable it on PTS and disable on WAK to avoid those issues.

@MidGQ tonight i will send you two SSDT-T440P.aml files for testing.
v1: i will completely disable the DiscreteGPU and you will have to test if laptop works ok with it, also put laptop to sleep and then wake it after a minute or so and see if screen turns on.
And see into about this mac>system report>PCI if you can see nvidia card or if it says no pci available or so.

If screen doesn’t wake from sleep try v2:

v2: with this SSDT the DiscreteGPU turns ON on _PTS (prepare to sleep) and turns OFF on _WAK (Wake)
So this way we avoid issue with some laptops with DiscreteGPU where completely disabling DGPU causes sleep issues where laptop screen won’t wake.

Make sure you remove SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml when trying v1 & v2

After we successfully disable DiscreteGPU, your battery should last longer and you won’t have graphics glitches anymore (if you had any on third party apps).

@Sniki
I am ready for this. Thank you very much!
& I have /Devices/AddProperties & set install_config.plist /Graphics/InjectNVidia=true now . Should I remove them ?

Last edited:
@Sniki
I am ready for this. Thank you very much!
& I have /Devices/AddProperties & set install_config.plist /Graphics/InjectNVidia=true now . Should I remove them ?
Yes, i forgot that you use AddProperties way of DiscreteSpoof and not SSDT.
Yes, you either remove or disable the 3 Patches and into
Config.plist/Graphics you remove/set InjectNvidia=False

I will upload files like 2.5-3 hours later.

@RehabMan i have 1 quick question about disabling DiscreteGPU.
Thinkpads laptops usually need the PCI0.VID to PCI0.IGPU two patches that are prebuilt on your config(s).plist files.
So my question is:
1.Does the Discrete GPU get renamed to IGPU with these patches as well, which in that case the disable patch should be:
Code:
// For disabling the discrete GPU

DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "T440P", "D-DGPU", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.PEG.IGPU._OFF, MethodObj)

Device(RMD1)
    {
        Name(_HID, "RMD10000")
        Method(_INI)
        {
            // disable discrete graphics (Nvidia/Radeon) if it is present
            If (CondRefOf(\_SB.PCI0.PEG.IGPU._OFF)) { \_SB.PCI0.PEG.IGPU._OFF() }
        }
    }
}
//EOF
2. or the discrete GPU holds the same name as before (VID) and only the intel Graphics gets renamed to IGPU which in that case the patch should stay with (VID) name:
Code:
// For disabling the discrete GPU

DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "T440P", "D-DGPU", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID._OFF, MethodObj)

Device(RMD1)
    {
        Name(_HID, "RMD10000")
        Method(_INI)
        {
            // disable discrete graphics (Nvidia/Radeon) if it is present
            If (CondRefOf(\_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID._OFF)) { \_SB.PCI0.PEG.VID._OFF() }
        }
    }
}
//EOF

Status