Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, upload all problem reporting files.

But do 1 more testing for me:
Instead of SSDT-T440P.aml go to hotpatch folder and save them as aml individually and add them to acpi/patched.
Exclude:
SSDT-DisableDGPU
SSDT-Debug
SSDT-PTSWAK
SSDT-GPRW or UPRW
SSDT-T440P
(If they are present on hotpatch folder)
Thanks !
Almost done! Only backlight not working now (not carefully test)
I will upload the problem reporting files later

Thanks !
Almost done! Only backlight not working now (not carefully test)
I will upload the problem reporting files later
Open the SSDT-PNLF.dsl from hotpatch folder.
Go to UID which should be 0 and set it to haswell identifier like it is commented inside the SSDT, (Haswell/Broadwell identifier is 0xad9) so change 0 to 0xad9 and save it as aml,add it on Patched folder and reboot.

Open the SSDT-PNLF.dsl from hotpatch folder.
Go to UID which should be 0 and set it to haswell identifier like it is commented inside the SSDT, (Haswell/Broadwell identifier is 0xad9) so change 0 to 0xad9 and save it as aml,add it on Patched folder and reboot.
UID in SSDT-PNLF.dsl you provided is 0xad9. It seems that no need to change.
I attach the problem reporting files here.
Backlight is not working. No reaction when press F5&F6.
Keyboard mapping seems not working. I try to set shortcut in system settings but I can't use key such as Windows.
Battery life is only 1 and a half hour . I don't know if it is common.
Please help me check it. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Problem-Reporting-20171228.zip
    47.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
@RehabMan if i recall correctly there is a T440P user with Discrete GPU that i think required him PTSWAK method for disabling DiscreteGPU.
My question is:
Since we already have replaced WAK (with renaming it to ZWAK) & adding the patched WAK on SSDT-BAT:
Should the SSDT-PTSWAK from your hotpatch repo still do the job if i add it to the hotpatch list & set Name(DPTS, 1) on MasterSSDT(RMCF) or so called SSDT-T440P ?.

You can have only one _WAK.
You must insure it can do everything you need it to do.

UID in SSDT-PNLF.dsl you provided is 0xad9. It seems that no need to change.
I attach the problem reporting files here.
Backlight is not working. No reaction when press F5&F6.
Keyboard mapping seems not working. I try to set shortcut in system settings but I can't use key such as Windows.
Battery life is only 1 and a half hour . I don't know if it is common.
Please help me check it. Thanks a lot!
Problem Reporting files incomplete...
You only attached Patchmatic Extract.
Attach all Problem Reporting files as requested.

First error:
- If you are using indivdual hotpatch SSDTs, why didn't you remove SSDT-T440P from ACPI/Patched ?
It is causing conflicts, remove SSDT-T440P and leave only separate files.

All of these issues are most probably happening from your DiscreteGPU.
1. It’s logical for your battery to last that short if your discreteGPU is on all the time, we need to disable it with ACPI hotpatch.
I will start working on it after you post Full Problem Reporting files.
2. Brightness keys won’t work if Brightness isn't implemented. (which might be due to not disabled DGPU)
3. Thanks for pointing this out, i realized that SSDT-KBD was wrong, i forgot to change LPCB to LPC as my L440 has LPCB so the whole SSDT failed.

So what you do next is:
- Remove SSDT-T440P.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.
- Remove SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched since you are spoofing it with the "AddProperties" patches.
- Use this SSDT-KBD that i attached below, save it as .aml and place it into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Also Guide has been updated again with the fixed files and some minor other changes & added the files that i forgot to attach.

Attachments

• SSDT-KBD.dsl
    2.3 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:

3. Thanks for pointing this out, i realized that SSDT-KBD was wrong, i forgot to change LPCB to LPC as my L440 has LPCB so the whole SSDT failed.

Also Guide has been updated again with the fixed files and some minor other changes & added the files that i forgot to attach.

Impressive work Sniki!

I've built a new SSDT-T440P.aml using that KBD dsl. Keyboard F1-F12 is working now.

Still no sound and no brightness. Battery stats is working though.

Attached zip file contains all the debug files.

Attachments

• debug_25470.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 80
Impressive work Sniki!

I've built a new SSDT-T440P.aml using that KBD dsl. Keyboard F1-F12 is working now.

Still no sound and no brightness. Battery stats is working though.

Attached zip file contains all the debug files.
Post #1 updated with the fixes.

1.Make sure you installed Rehabman fork Clover Bootloader.
2.Use the SSDT-T440P.aml from Post #1 - i fixed the issues and test if brightness work now
3.ALC3232.kext not installed correctly which it won't load - no correct permissions so remove it and install again like this:

copy the ALC3232.kext to desktop
Open Terminal:
Code:
cd desktop
sudo cp -R ALC3232.kext /Library/Extensions/
then rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and audio should definitely work & so does your brightness after using the SSDT-T440P.aml from Post#1

It clearly shows on your IOreg that AppleBacklightDisplay is loaded but was wrong PNLF identifier most propably.
Same goes for audio : HDEF loaded with LayoutID28 but on kextcache output ALC3232.kext wasn't loading due to improper installation (wrong permissions).

Can you also open HWMonitor.app and see if it shows Fan RPM ? if its measuring it correctly ?

Problem Reporting files incomplete...
You only attached Patchmatic Extract.
Attach all Problem Reporting files as requested.

First error:
- If you are using indivdual hotpatch SSDTs, why didn't you remove SSDT-T440P from ACPI/Patched ?
It is causing conflicts, remove SSDT-T440P and leave only separate files.

All of these issues are most probably happening from your DiscreteGPU.
1. It’s logical for your battery to last that short if your discreteGPU is on all the time, we need to disable it with ACPI hotpatch.
I will start working on it after you post Full Problem Reporting files.
2. Brightness keys won’t work if Brightness isn't implemented. (which might be due to not disabled DGPU)

So what you do next is:
- Remove SSDT-T440P.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.
- Remove SSDT-DiscreteSpoof.aml from EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched since you are spoofing it with the "AddProperties" patches.
- Use this SSDT-KBD that i attached below, save it as .aml and place it into EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched.

Word failed me to show my appreciate. That's a stupid mistake not removing SSDT-T440P.
Backlight control & KBD working fine now! But I need remind you that you mistake Brightness Up & Down by mistake. That's a little bug and I have fixed it.
I found a guide about Creating a Mac Microphone Mute Keyboard Shortcut. I think it maybe more useful than Siri. Hoping to know if there is possible to set F4 key without Fn as a special key and set F4 with Fn as another, like Windows does? That could be flexible when using a App that demands F shoutout.
I will take hours to test the macOS and post my feed back later. And I hope you give me some idea to find if anything is OK now because maybe some hidden error I can't figure out (I mean that KBD\Audio\Bright is obvious, CPU stuffs are hidden).
Thanks again. I am willing to be the volunteer if you need!

Feedback note:
  1. Intel Bluetooth is unstable and no regular pattern
  2. DP(HDMI) sound output has no volume control
  3. Auto reboot when DP connected
  4. Editting

Last edited:
Word failed me to show my appreciate. That's a stupid mistake not removing SSDT-T440P.
Backlight control & KBD working fine now! But I need remind you that you mistake Brightness Up & Down by mistake. That's a little bug and I have fixed it.
I found a guide about Creating a Mac Microphone Mute Keyboard Shortcut. I think it maybe more useful than Siri. Hoping to know if there is possible to set F4 key without Fn as a special key and set F4 with Fn as another, like Windows does? That could be flexible when using a App that demands F shoutout.
I will take hours to test the macOS and post my feed back later. And I hope you give me some idea to find if anything is OK now because maybe some hidden error I can't figure out (I mean that KBD\Audio\Bright is obvious, CPU stuffs are hidden).
Thanks again. I am willing to be the volunteer if you need!

Feedback note:
  1. Intel Bluetooth is unstable and no regular pattern
  2. DP(HDMI) sound output has no volume control
  3. Auto reboot when DP connected
  4. Editting
So you mean that Brightness up button does decrease brightness and Brightness down increases brightness ?

About Fn Buttons:
Theres no Fn Fxx key left to be assignable to sysprefs>shortcuts, its up to you if you want to customize it.

I prefer siri over mic mute since I don’t need to mute mic and i use siri more often.

I might look later into that mic mute shortcut but for now im busy working on other projects.

I will check on how to disable your discreteGPU and fix that.

If the brightness up/down are inverted; i will fix that.

Intel Bluetooth not supported therefore don’t expect it to work correctly

Volume control on HDMI/MiniDP is obvious, you control it from your device that you connected, lets say its a TV
You control volume from your TV.

If laptop auto reboots i will check if it has different patch but without problem reporting files I can just guess blindly.

Post #1 updated with the fixes.

1.Make sure you installed Rehabman fork Clover Bootloader.
2.Use the SSDT-T440P.aml from Post #1 - i fixed the issues and test if brightness work now
3.ALC3232.kext not installed correctly which it won't load - no correct permissions so remove it and install again like this:

copy the ALC3232.kext to desktop
Open Terminal:
Code:
cd desktop
sudo cp -R ALC3232.kext /Library/Extensions/
then rebuild caches with:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Reboot and audio should definitely work & so does your brightness after using the SSDT-T440P.aml from Post#1

It clearly shows on your IOreg that AppleBacklightDisplay is loaded but was wrong PNLF identifier most propably.
Same goes for audio : HDEF loaded with LayoutID28 but on kextcache output ALC3232.kext wasn't loading due to improper installation (wrong permissions).

Can you also open HWMonitor.app and see if it shows Fan RPM ? if its measuring it correctly ?

I'm using Rehab's Clover with your new config.plist

ss.jpeg

It shows Fan RPM.
Sound works.
Brightness works.

Thanks!

Noticed that battery stats gets stuck on the value read at boot time. However, Activity Monitor.app reads the same value as HWMonitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back