Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody has tried plug a 4k monitor to the T440p in macOS?
Does it work?

@Sniki
Thanks for your incredible work!
75df7384-87b0-4148-82b8-86e105b2bfc5

My laptop is T440p with i7. Almost the same as your test machine. I try to install macOS 10.13.2.
Because I don't have brm wifi/blue. I installed kexts except Broadcom_Wifi.kext BrcmPatchRam2.kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.
I use the config.plist and SSDT file you provide. But it stuck when boot. It shows black screen and what shows below.

bB1qGyI.jpg

I can use @RehabMan config.plist (HD4600) and choose drop SSDT-t440p to boot. So I collect other problem reporting files.
Hoping your reply. Feel free to PM if you need any more information. Thanks!

Attachments

• MidGQ-Problem-Reporting-1209.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 66
0x0d220003 is usually for desktops.
But laptops that use eDP might be useful (but eDP support is not complete).
Attach full problem reporting files that represent this scenario.
ok man,
I attach the log file
CLOVER_EDID_false.zip (EDID inject = false) => the config boot success, but only 24 bit color
CLOVER_EDID_true.zip (EDID inject = true, this log I booted in safe mode)=> get stuck at boot screen ( image log boot screen included)
and RehabMan.zip the log collected by your tool ( in case boot success EDID inject = false)

Attachments

• CLOVER_EDID_true.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 71
  • CLOVER_EDID_false.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • RehabMan.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 81
@Sniki
Thanks for your incredible work!
75df7384-87b0-4148-82b8-86e105b2bfc5

My laptop is T440p with i7. Almost the same as your test machine. I try to install macOS 10.13.2.
Because I don't have brm wifi/blue. I installed kexts except Broadcom_Wifi.kext BrcmPatchRam2.kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.
I use the config.plist and SSDT file you provide. But it stuck when boot. It shows black screen and what shows below.

bB1qGyI.jpg

I can use @RehabMan config.plist (HD4600) and choose drop SSDT-t440p to boot. So I collect other problem reporting files.
Hoping your reply. Feel free to PM if you need any more information. Thanks!

The config.plist at EFI/Clover/config.pist requires SSDT-T440P.aml.

ok man,
I attach the log file
CLOVER_EDID_false.zip (EDID inject = false) => the config boot success, but only 24 bit color
CLOVER_EDID_true.zip (EDID inject = true, this log I booted in safe mode)=> get stuck at boot screen ( image log boot screen included)
and RehabMan.zip the log collected by your tool ( in case boot success EDID inject = false)

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no ioreg)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete (no ioreg)
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

ok sir,
I attach the log file
RehabMan.zip the log collected by your tool ( in case boot success EDID inject = false)
and ioreg zip file

Attachments

• CLOVER_EDID_false.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 66
  • CLOVER_EDID_true.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 76
  • RehabMan.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 68
  • minh’s MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    414.3 KB · Views: 66
But you wrote "and choose drop SSDT-t440p to boot".

Sorry for my poor English.
I mean that when I drop the aml file. Boot is OK.
When I do nothing in clover option to boot (use SSDT-t440p) it will shows

bB1qGyI.jpg

Last edited:
ok sir,
I attach the log file
RehabMan.zip the log collected by your tool ( in case boot success EDID inject = false)
and ioreg zip file

No idea why that is the case. Compare detected EDID in working ioreg vs. Clover detected EDID in bootlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back