Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
@godwayne305

so called "T440 T440S T440P T450 T450S T540P T550 L450 W540 W550 W541 E531 E545 E550 E560 Touchpad Trackpad with Three Keys".

Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 17.26.54.png

Thanks RehabMan and Sniki and others, who made this possible for us.

I use this wonderful and well explained guide for installing Sierra 10.12.6 (Build 16G29).
My specs: T440p / i7-4810MQ / Clover r4233 / trackpad from T450/T460.

Everything works fine except missing trackpad prefpane, I use tluck's moded kext with VoodooPS2Daemon installed, also there is no two-finger scrolling, but all buttons and trackpoint works well. Now trying to use some workarounds from forum threads.
Are you guys see trackpad prefpane? Thanks.

My Geekbench score (full):
View attachment 283147
Here, install the latest Tluck Kext built from source. its working fine for me.
Two fingers scrolling is also working for me.

Also nice Geekbench score, that CPU really makes a difference.
Did you upgrade it or it came/purchased with it.

Attachments

• VoodooPS2Controller.kext.zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 272

Yeah that one. Which one are you using?
I recommend using tluck fork of VoodooPS2Controller by default now since it fixes your trackpoint + even the clickable areas on the flat trackpad model should work with tluck kext.
Thats why i didn't list two versions of it.

Nice work. Will you write guide for T540p in future?
I might do so in the future.
Like a project where all ThinkPad models will be on a single guide and the installation to be done via terminal commands with just a few scripts. like Rehabman guides are.

But your laptop might not have that much difference from T440P or similar models so please Read Problem reporting section on the guide written here & upload all the requested files as zip so i can take a look at it when i have time,if its minimal change i might be able to do it sooner.

I might do so in the future.
Like a project where all ThinkPad models will be on a single guide and the installation to be done via terminal commands with just a few scripts. like Rehabman guides are.

But your laptop might not have that much difference from T440P or similar models so please Read Problem reporting section on the guide written here & upload all the requested files as zip so i can take a look at it when i have time,if its minimal change i might be able to do it sooner.
Great!!!! I will try install my laptop this weekend and send you all info that you need. :)

Here, install the latest Tluck Kext built from source. its working fine for me.

Still can't see trackpad prefpane, nothing changes with two fingers scrolling.
Daemon is running (I see it from 'ps ax | grep -i voodoo').

Also nice Geekbench score, that CPU really makes a difference.
Did you upgrade it or it came/purchased with it.

Upgraded.

Yeah that one. Which one are you using?
It's one and the same, I bought it from that link.

Last edited:
I just realized, that my touchpad is ALPS, problem possible in this.
~ # dmesg | grep -i touch

[ 1.672103] input: AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint TouchPad as /devices/platform/i8042/serio1/input/input5

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/109
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/67
https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/issues/10

RehabMan's kext and tluck's fork support only Synaptics touchpads. I will try to use this: https://github.com/DrHurt/OS-X-ALPS-DRIVER or https://github.com/syscl/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Last edited:
Welcome to my Lenovo Thinkpad T440P detailed guide, this guide is based on the latest upcoming macOS High Sierra...

My Laptop Specs

Intel HM86 Chipset Seriers
Intel Core i5 4300M 2.6GHz (turbo boost up to 3.2GHz)
Intel HD 4600 Graphics
Samsung MZ7TE128HMGR - 120GB Solid state drive
8GB DDR3 Ram Clocked at (1600MHz)
Realtek ALC3232 Audio (Realtek ALC292)
LCD Display 1366x768 14" (Upgraded to IPS B140HAN01.3 1920x1080 Display)
Intel AC7260 Wireless/Bluetooth Card (Replaced with DW1560 - BCM94352Z Wireless / Bluetooth Card)
Flat Surface Touchpad/TrackPad (Upgraded to T460 Model since it has Physical Buttons)
Hi guys, my first try on hackintosh due a new development job and the lack of money to purchase a real Mac.

Can I use this guide on a T440? The main difference (AFAIK) from the above mentioned configuration are:

- Intel HD 4400 Graphics
- MyDigitalSSD Super Boot Drive 256Gb M.2 2242 NGFF
- Additional WD 750Gb Hard Drive
- HD LCD Display 1600 x 900 14"
- Original T440 Flat Trackpad (can't wait 45 days for the T460 model)

Attached is the log from HiNFO64 (please, rename the extension from TXT to HTM).

BTW, congrats for the awesome work!

Attachments

• T440YANKO-HWiNFO64.TXT
    125.3 KB · Views: 254
Hi guys, my first try on hackintosh due a new development job and the lack of money to purchase a real Mac.

Can I use this guide on a T440? The main difference (AFAIK) from the above mentioned configuration are:

- Intel HD 4400 Graphics
- MyDigitalSSD Super Boot Drive 256Gb M.2 2242 NGFF
- Additional WD 750Gb Hard Drive
- HD LCD Display 1600 x 900 14"
- Original T440 Flat Trackpad (can't wait 45 days for the T460 model)

Attached is the log from HiNFO64 (please, rename the extension from TXT to HTM).

BTW, congrats for the awesome work!

According to post #1, this guide *is* for a T440.
Why don't you try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back