Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.7.6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link.. I'll go with the 4710mq :)

One other minor issue is that a few of the keys on my keyboard seem to be round the wrong way or missing completely.. for example I don't seem to be able to type a \

Any thoughts on this? Have I missed something in the setup process?

Hi,
I have an intel AX210 WiFi card I was planning to use with modified bios on my t440p, I was using it with Linux up until being interesting in replacing my MacBook or at least partially.

Am I gonna want to get a different card? The DW- version? And I’m curious if anyone has issues dual booting Linux on theirs?
I suppose to ask if two WiFi cards can be used is a stretch, as there’s only one set of antennas and thus the hardware is physically restricted let alone hackintosh software?

This is my first post, I think I understand mostly!

EDIT: Let me reword this!
Im gonna go with the BCM94360CS2 card- I have broken down the t440p so many times it makes my head spin so no worries having to take it entirely apart.

So nothing has changed regarding the network cards since the first page? I would not mind physical case modification to fit the newer revision, if you guys think it's worth while?

But anyways- I guess my main question is... can I use the two slots, with different network cards? AX210 (for Linux), and the Apple card otherwise? If anyone has done this, I dont mind modding in an extra set on antennas but I think Im over in my head, being new to coreboot... I've only done bios flashing with a clip programmer so far.

I just bought the AX210 but, seeing how cheap the suggested cards are... that's ok! I'll find another use for it or not.

Any updates on Montery support? To be honest, I don't notice much improvement over Big Sur.

I am running a 4700mq right now, but I might just put in the 4710mq... I don't usually bother undervolting as my thermals are never an issue. In fact I've had no thermal throttling even with 4910mq when I made a custom double heatsink, but I didn't feel the battery life was worth it at all!

How does 4710mq compare in performance to i7-8650u? I'm gonna say the latter will have a big (10%?+) single core edge, but multi core- maybe the old haswell actually beats it?

I do worry about iGPU performance. I do have a 4k external display (may upgrade, to a nicer 1440p display however). Is Iris supported, say a modded 4980HQ? (That chip I can get thermally sound- but I am not sure about a bottleneck of just how much power the t440p can provide it).

Yall are rad. Glad to see some enthusiastic nerds and once I get things going I plan to stick around and contribute. Gonna try and get around to corebooting all my thinkpads this week-weekend.

(I learned that the app- Better Touch Tool, works on Hackintosh! So I'm eager to ditch this trash keyboard and use a real one... and not use my machine knowing it's unrepairable, basically a disposable rental!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back