Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm very curious whats happening with this aswell

I hope that everything goes well for you Sniki !!

not sure whats happening with this build, but for those looking for an updated EFI for T440P i have just updated. Take your time to read the release notes before updating please.

Thanks VinylNerd for your work ! I use your last beta. Do you have any tip for the sound low under VoodooHDA ? the sound was louder with AppleHDA.
Continue your great work ! ;)

Thanks VinylNerd for your work ! I use your last beta. Do you have any tip for the sound low under VoodooHDA ? the sound was louder with AppleHDA.
Continue your great work ! ;)
common issue, use AppleALC.kext instead

you just need the VoodooHDA prefpane, accessable through system preferences, select speaker analog and turn up PCM and Mix

i guess if you dont have the pref pane installed you should follow this guide and then remove the kext from EFI AND config after running it

please reply on my thread here

or create an issue on my github repo if the problem still exists

thanks

Hi!
I would like to ask you how this project is evolving. I really want to try the latest update.
THANK YOU

Hi!
I would like to ask you how this project is evolving. I really want to try the latest update.
THANK YOU
Likewise! I am curious as well

In my case, I have been using a T440P for years to which I have put an i7-4910MQ. I use the extended battery. The truth is I'm very happy. In difficult tasks it gets quite hot, but I use the VOLTA program and it works great for me. I would not change it for anything .
I have the same with the 4910MQ and it gets a bit warm, but tolerable.

Absolutely shreds most tasks.

I'm thinking of undervolting the CPU a little.

Could you share your VOLTA settings?

Hey guys, i have some good news for all of you.

I finally managed to find a Lenovo ThinkPad T440P and i ordered it, it arrives tomorrow.
- It is the dual graphics model with GT730M
- Big double battery (Brand new Lenovo OEM)
- Intel Core i5 4210M
- 6GB of RAM
- 120GB SSD
- 1600x900 Display Panel
- FingerPrint Reader
- Literally no sign of cosmetic wear at all, it's like brand new, he send me the photos and it looks amazing.

I have all upgrades ready on my closet that i have collected during time because a T440P was on my wishlist for a long time and i have been preparing myself to get 1

Upgrades ready:
- 1920x1080 B140HAN01.3 IPS Display Panel FHD
- T450S TouchPad with physical buttons (pulled from a real T450S, not from AliExpress)
- Intel Core i7-4700MQ Processor
- 2x 8GB DDR3-1600 Ram Slots

The laptop arrives tomorrow, excited and can't wait to get my hands on it.

Will finally be able to polish the T440P guide to it's finest :)

Stay tuned.

Awesome! Pic of the build?

I'm back on the T440P too.

It's just so comfortable to type on a mechanical keyboard with the Thinkpad Trackpoint on macOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back