Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if I operate correctly on installing the new ALCP. Please advise. I go to your GitHub download the master files in zip, rename it to ALCPlugFix, and open the Terminal. Here is the screenshot. Is this correct? I tried to plug in the earphone in the laptop's jack. Unfortunately, the output source does not switch automatically...

I also have issue with attaching the laptop to Dock station with connection to the external monitor; This is a known issue listed under the post#3 to be fixed later. So I don't use dock station now.

Can someone help me out on how do I implement the ALCP as I mentioned above? My current little issue is when I plug in the earphone, neither the output nor the input is automatically switched to the earphone.

Thank you,

Just got everything working coming from my previous clover setup. thank you very much!

I also have issue with attaching the laptop to Dock station with connection to the external monitor; This is a known issue listed under the post#3 to be fixed later. So I don't use dock station now.

Can someone help me out on how do I implement the ALCP as I mentioned above? My current little issue is when I plug in the earphone, neither the output nor the input is automatically switched to the earphone.

Thank you,

Download the latest release from here, extract and place the folder on your desktop then open terminal and cd to the ALCPlugFix folder on your desktop and finally run ./install.sh

EDIT: For some reason, my DP audio is breaking up while playing high pitched sounds not sure what the problem is.

Last edited:
I believe i found the problem, it is BrcmPatchRam3.kext, it was working fine on my T440S but i believe 10.15.6 is causing some problems with it.

Try to disable it on Kernel > Add > Set: Enabled = No

Reboot and see if it works.

Hey Sniki,

I noticed something yesterday. I don't know if this matters given you've probably made updates since your last EFI post but for me, when my bluetooth stops working, I have no resolution with any EFI / config.plist changes. However, I went on a hunch that when in Windows, I can see the both DW1820a wifi and bluetooth just fine. So I restarted mac and loaded windows. Confirmed that bluetooth was working. Then restarted back to Mac and then bluetooth shows up and is working.

Any thoughts??? Minus sd card not working and wonky wake from sleep issues (when connected to dock), I am more or less content to have a stable and working hack.

Just thought you should know.

Hey Sniki,

I noticed something yesterday. I don't know if this matters given you've probably made updates since your last EFI post but for me, when my bluetooth stops working, I have no resolution with any EFI / config.plist changes. However, I went on a hunch that when in Windows, I can see the both DW1820a wifi and bluetooth just fine. So I restarted mac and loaded windows. Confirmed that bluetooth was working. Then restarted back to Mac and then bluetooth shows up and is working.

Any thoughts??? Minus sd card not working and wonky wake from sleep issues (when connected to dock), I am more or less content to have a stable and working hack.

Just thought you should know.
I believe i completely resolved these problems but the new Acidanthera August updates will be live on Monday therefore i will wait for them and update a week after because i will be on my 2 weeks Summer vacation from tomorrow.
First week away to enjoy the beach
Second week at home resting and doing hackintosh.

Next update includes support for macOS Big Sur Public Beta, it's working perfect as far as i have been able to test things. the test was done on the X240.

SD Card seems fine with latest release and the boot-arg to mimic linux.
1 issue is that everyone needs to eject the sd card before going to sleep and plug it again after wake from sleep if you need to as if you put the laptop to sleep with card inserted, the kext will not work until next reboot and just hang.

Just managed to get my Intel AX200 working with Bluetooth support. Only had to remove unused WIFI kext and adjust the Config.plist to match the new ones:

Remove:
  • AirPortBrcmfixup.kext
  • BrcmPatchRam3.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
And Add:

I also Installed HeliPort and added it to start on boot. Now everything works perfectly and super smooth only caveat is that wifi speeds are less than average for me but that's not a deal-breaker for my case.

Last edited:
Hello @Sniki hope you are well.

Another forumer, swanux, discovered a reason why the T440p reboots whenever it sleeps while docked.
I've tried it myself too and it did indeed happen.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1) Dock the T440P on a 40A2 dock.
2) Connect the HDMI port on the dock
3) Download and run disablemonitor. Link here
4) Click on the disablemonitor icon in your menubar --> Lock Screens
The reboot happens.

Thanks.

Hello @Sniki hope you are well.

Another forumer, swanux, discovered a reason why the T440p reboots whenever it sleeps while docked.
I've tried it myself too and it did indeed happen.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1) Dock the T440P on a 40A2 dock.
2) Connect the HDMI port on the dock
3) Download and run disablemonitor. Link here
4) Click on the disablemonitor icon in your menubar --> Lock Screens
The reboot happens.

Thanks.
Ok so from this i assume the kernel panic happens once the internal display does get disabled or turned off.

I am back from vacation and fully energized, i will do some debugging into this and hopefully we can fix this last remaining problem regarding the dock.

And working on some extra other stuff.

Has anyone else experience a complete loss of audio?
I appear to have lost audio through the speakers and headphone jack. Additionally the mic is not working either.
I did a kextstat and found that AppleALC is loaded, so I am not sure what the issue is. Additionally I have installed the ALCPlugFix provided in the forum and that did not seem to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experience a complete loss of audio?
I appear to have lost audio through the speakers and headphone jack. Additionally the mic is not working either.
I did a kextstat and found that AppleALC is loaded, so I am not sure what the issue is. Additionally I have installed the ALCPlugFix provided in the forum and that did not seem to fix the issue.
Embedded Controller went into a bad state
Do the EC Reset:
Remove all power ( battery and remove adapter)
Press and hold power button for 30 sec.
Plug the battery back and power, audio should be up.

I went ahead and tried the steps listed and its still not working :/.
I read that the screen is supposed to flicker to show success of a reset, but I did not see that.
Also tried performing the steps and then not plugging the battery in, and vice versa.

EDIT: I went ahead and reinstalled the entire EFI, and left everything intact despite the fact that I don't have a DW1820A and Voila, audio came back. Not exactly sure what the problem was. Might be worth noting that in the previous configuration I had my device under Macbook 13' now it is registered as Macbook 15'. Not really sure if that has anything to do with it, but nonetheless that was the only change I could notice. Speakers and headphone jack both work great now after the ALCPlugFix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back