Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the t440p version.

I got this error in opencore startup before entering the gui picker. But I still can boot to macos without problem. And I can't boot to windows (crash on blue screen).
You delete stuff from config.plist

You only need to add your SMBIOS values as mentioned in post #1 and Wireless card stuff.

You delete stuff from config.plist

You only need to add your SMBIOS values as mentioned in post #1 and Wireless card stuff.
My mistake, thanks. I used opencore configurator to open the config plist. Maybe the apps delete something or me accidentally delete some config.

Everythings ok now. The only problem left is the wifi. The dw1820 is really a headache.

My mistake, thanks. I used opencore configurator to open the config plist. Maybe the apps delete something or me accidentally delete some config.

Everythings ok now. The only problem left is the wifi. The dw1820 is really a headache.
I think i should add a note to not use it.
That app breaks the config.plist structure and removes and adds things that shouldn’t be added or removed.

DW1820A is a pain to deal with but test above suggestion by the other user that posted above the solution for DW1820A if you have similar one.

I think i should add a note to not use it.
That app breaks the config.plist structure and removes and adds things that shouldn’t be added or removed.

DW1820A is a pain to deal with but test above suggestion by the other user that posted above the solution for DW1820A if you have similar one.
Yesterday before you released the t440p version, I already tried your opencore config from t440s. I combine it with my own dsdt ( a whole dsdt). To fix my DW1820A I use exactly the solution above. It just that opencore won't change some config from config.plist. From config plist the only setting that applied is like AAPL,slot-name and model. but some configuration like compatible and pci-aspm-default is not applied. So I have to make the same config for the wifi using both config.plist and DSDT. So the one that not applied on config.plist will be applied from dsdt. I don't know how to configure dsdt with hot-patch like you do so i'm stuck.

the attachment is my config when I got lucky by continuously booting with the wifi enabled from BIOS. some configuration in config.plist not applied. after reboot I have kernel panic again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 15.46.23.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 15.46.23.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 15.46.44.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 15.46.44.png
    266.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I manage to make dw1820a working by adding the config from ssdt and config plist. I don't know why but if I use only one from ssdt or config.plist. It won't work. but if I use both it work. cek my IOreg screenshoot. my attachment above is if i use only from config.plist. and below if I use both from ssdt and config plist. hey @Sniki can you check my SSDT-ARPT.aml. I just make it by copy and paste, but it work, can you review it, maybe there is something wrong.

I hope you understand what I am trying to say and explain.

Attachments

• SSDT-ARPT.aml
    290 bytes · Views: 87
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 16.46.31.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 16.46.31.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 99
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 15.46.23.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 15.46.23.png
    225.4 KB · Views: 75
Im at work and i don’t have laptop/pc where i can check. I will check on evening.

I will attempt to make a SSDT for those cards since aspm can’t be disabled with OpenCore right now.

Those cards are PITA.

Now there's wifi but no bluetooth so I reset the NVRAM again and still do not have bluetooth. Will keep trying and appreciate if you have any experience in this.

I can confirm, there is no bluetooth.

Hi @karnadi I too could not get my t440p to boot catalina in a reliable manner when the DW1820a is connected. I did those additions in the Device Properties too but it sometimes boots and sometimes it doesn't.

The clover version is stable though.

Also anyone has any progress on the Docking station display output? It panics each time I put the T440P to sleep while docked and connected to an external display.

Hi @karnadi I too could not get my t440p to boot catalina in a reliable manner when the DW1820a is connected. I did those additions in the Device Properties too but it sometimes boots and sometimes it doesn't.

See my solution above. use SSDT and DeviceProperties in config.plist at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back