Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was able to get the SD reader to work :) working perfectly even after wake from sleep

will be included in my next build

here is a link to my new release with working SD reader and OpenCore 0.7.3

hello mods, if u wanna delete my post can u send me a message and explain why please

Perhaps it is not the best place to write this, but I come to wish that you and your partner's health is great!

First 10 days of September we expect to have our first baby (it’s a boy), im becoming a father for the first time.
Also from that time i leave my current job as a banker-teller and i will be working on my home business.

I hope you are very happy !!!!

T440P Running Monterey 12.1 with OpenCore 0.7.6

everything is working, including airdrop and continuity.

MacBookPro11,1 -> MacBookPro11,4

will be releasing EFI after a bit more testing, so far so good.

using MacBookPro12,1 will result in reduced CPU and GPU performance with GPU taking the biggest hit having clock limited to 750MHz compared to the proper 1.15GHz it can do with MacBookPro11,4 ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 1.28.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 1.28.25 PM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 106

using MacBookPro12,1 will result in reduced CPU and GPU performance with GPU taking the biggest hit having clock limited to 750MHz compared to the proper 1.15GHz it can do with MacBookPro11,4 ;)
@VinylNerd, I'm testing with the MacBookPro11,4 and I really felt a little improvement, but I'm also having some issues (Bluetooth, Webcam, and some Ports aren't working correctly) with the USBMap.kext I have. Could you share yours please?

@VinylNerd, I'm testing with the MacBookPro11,4 and I really felt a little improvement, but I'm also having some issues (Bluetooth, Webcam, and some Ports aren't working correctly) with the USBMap.kext I have. Could you share yours please?
i have working bluetooth, webcam, and all usb with dock, only issue i have had is loss of audio after wakeup, sometimes it was unfixable but today it just required me to reset my USB DAC

i should have something up asap

i have working bluetooth, webcam, and all usb with dock, only issue i have had is loss of audio after wakeup, sometimes it was unfixable but today it just required me to reset my USB DAC

i should have something up asap
Got any news about it? :3

View attachment 474499

Lenovo ThinkPad T440P using OpenCore (0.5.9)

Considering i haven't finished the OpenCore Bootloader guide yet, due to the big number of request for a OpenCore guide, here is the Open Core guide which is much more stable and faster than Clover, i have been using the OpenCore Bootloader since v0.0.2 and it has been my GO 2 bootloader on all my hackintosh hardware since that time.

Special Note
Please beginners, refrain from touching things into config.plist if you don't have enough hackintosh skills as we don't have a public guide in our forum yet for OpenCore. Everything provided in the EFI is already baked for you.

RESET NVRAM: please do not use this option, there is an issue from Lenovo's side on the 2-3 recent versions of Bios which after NVRAM reset, the Laptop get's bricked and you will have to flash original bios back with a SPI Programmer.

Preparation
The OpenCore EFI that i have provided is completely baked for you, which means all the possibly necessary kexts that may be required, all the Drivers and all the ACPI Patches the config.plist etc are there and configured for use OOB.

So everyone that plans to use this guide, is required to complete these small tweaks to have everything working:

1. SMBIOS values

Note: MacbookPro11,1 or MacbookPro11,2 are the only SMBIOS options that you should use.

In order to have iMessages and other iCloud Services make sure to port the values from your Clover config.plist
Open Config.plist of OpenCore EFI with PlistEditPro

Go to config.plist / PlatformInfo / Generic and copy/paste the values from Clover to the OpenCore config.plist file.
Or in case you don't have any IDs from previous setup, you can generate new ones.

2. Wireless and Bluetooth

If you have a card like DW1560 / DW1830 / DW1820A the kexts:
  • AirPortBrcmfixup.kext
  • BrcmPatchRam3.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
  • BT4LEContinuityFixup.kext
Are enabled by default so you don't have to touch anything, except:
DW1820A - Users should go and enable the SSDT-DW1820A that contains the fake-id and aspm disabled into:
EFI > OC > Config.plist > ACPI > Add > 12 > Enabled = YES

If you have a card like BCM94360CS2 / BCM94360NG:
these cards are supported natively so you need to disable the kexts that i listed above.
You can do that by going into config.plist > Kernel > Add > and find each one and change Enabled=No

Installation
For installation there are 3 options that you can try but first make sure you are using latest Clover guide where you have no kext installed into /Library/Extensions or you will have big problems, on my latest Clover guide i have noted that kexts shouldn't be installed into system anymore but EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, so the same principles apply here, all latest kexts are already included into this OpenCore EFI but /Library/Extensions should have no hackintosh kexts there.

Option 1: OpenCore EFI USB
This is the safest way to test it, all you have to do is get a USB drive, format it as HFS+J GPT, mount the USB EFI and copy the EFI of the OpenCore that i attached and simply reboot and boot from USB, you will maintain your installation but instead of your current Clover EFI you boot from the OpenCore EFI from USB.

Option 2: Replace Clover EFI with OpenCore EFI (prefered after Option 1 tested successfully and no problems spotted).
Mount the EFI partition of your HDD/SSD, compress the old EFI (Clover), delete the EFI folder and add the OpenCore EFI, reboot

Option 3: OpenCore USB Installer Same as Option 1 but if you prefer to clean install simply create the USB Installer like you usually do but after USB Installation media has been completed from terminal, mount EFI and place the OpenCore EFI and reboot, boot from USB and start installation.

Keyboard

Keyboard has been fully reworked, now the F4 (Mic Mute toggle) does work as mic mute with LED as well.
(F7) Projector key has been fixed, F8 now Disables/Enables WIFI and Shift+F8 does Disable/Enable Bluetooth.
(F9) opens System Preferences, (F10) Opens Spotlight Search, (F11) Mission Control, (F12) Launchpad
(Fn+Spacebar) now shows the Backlight HUD, there is also a CapsLock GUI indicator and a Fn+FnLock indicator.
All these keys require the ThinkPad Assistant in order to work, link to download:

Audio
Unfortunately these laptops are plagued by the very problematic ALC3232 Audio Codec that Lenovo decided to go with from the thousands of better options that they had, however overtime we almost completely fix it on macOS.
Docking Station is now supported but two Inputs as LineIn are not supported so i had to ditch Docking Station Microphone support from the Dock Combo Jack so users who want to use Microphone from their headset should plug the Headsets into the Laptop Combo Jack.
Auto switch now works perfect with my CodecCommander.kext and latest ALCPlugFix.

In order to have perfect audio, we need to install ALCPlugFix, Download latest ALCPlugFix from my repository:

place the extracted ALCPlugFix folder into desktop

Open Terminal and enter the following commands 1by1:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mkdir /usr/local/bin/
cd desktop/ALCPlugFix
./install.sh
When the prompt appears to open/allow hda-verb and ALCPlugFix as third party Applications, press Open/Allow to enable them so they can load. Audio now should work perfect for you.

Problem Reporting and Troubleshooting
Please provide proper Problem Reporting (archive) which includes the EFI and a copy of IOREG.
IOREG should be saved with the correct working version of IOregistryExplorer that can be found here:
Also like i said above i recommend only more advanced users and even them to do proper problem reporting with well documented problem reporting with clear description or solution.

Before posting, please read the official Acidanthera Open Core Configuration.pdf file which includes all the informations on how to create a config.plist and all the quirks and patches with all their descriptions provided (attached at the end of this post)

Hello!
How is the new family life going? Surely you haven't had time to return to this topic, but I wanted to ask if there will be any progress.
All the best !

Hi my t440p is still on HS-Clover. I'm thinking on upgrade S.O.
I'm new on OpenCore, Clover option is dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back