Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440P [OpenCore 0.5.9]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sniki,

The EFI I attached in my last post (#122) is the one with bluetooth working.

Bear in mind, I still have issues with that EFI as it pertains to the SD card ie inserted card not showing up and difficulty getting the hack to wake from sleep when plugged into the dock. The SD card flat out doesn't work with your latest OR the one I attached in last post. Re sleep, I sometimes can get the laptop to work ie password prompt shows if I close the lid and reopen. Other times, I can't get anything to show on the screen. In those situations, I have to shut down and restart.

WTF - I rebooted my machine and now my bluetooth stopped working again!

What was really weird is my wifi wasn't showing either after reboot. After another reboot, I saw that both my wifi and bluetooth was disabled from bios. :-/ I do not know how that happened. I reenabled and restarted laptop but now I don't have bluetooth again. :(.

Not sure what happened. I even copied my backup but nothing.

WTF - I rebooted my machine and now my bluetooth stopped working again!

What was really weird is my wifi wasn't showing either after reboot. After another reboot, I saw that both my wifi and bluetooth was disabled from bios. :-/ I do not know how that happened. I reenabled and restarted laptop but now I don't have bluetooth again. :(.

Not sure what happened. I even copied my backup but nothing.
I believe i found the problem, it is BrcmPatchRam3.kext, it was working fine on my T440S but i believe 10.15.6 is causing some problems with it.

Try to disable it on Kernel > Add > Set: Enabled = No

Reboot and see if it works.

I believe i found the problem, it is BrcmPatchRam3.kext, it was working fine on my T440S but i believe 10.15.6 is causing some problems with it.

This did not work for me. I'm still on 10.15.5 though. Not sure if that changes things. :-/

For me it didn't make any difference. Reboot after the change ended with kernel panic and next restart booted to desktop. And Wifi and bluetooth still work. I'm on 10.15.6.

For me it didn't make any difference. Reboot after the change ended with kernel panic and next restart booted to desktop. And Wifi and bluetooth still work. I'm on 10.15.6.

Hey - can you tell me what you have from a bios setting? I have everything set as per OC guide but doesn't hurt to see if others are doing anything differently.

Thx!

Thanks, Bro.

after update with your updated EFI,...and Disable "BrcmPatchRam3.kext", all working normal again on my T440P using DW1820A with 10.15.6

Hey - can you tell me what you have from a bios setting? I have everything set as per OC guide but doesn't hurt to see if others are doing anything differently.

Thx!
Hi, in bios I loaded defaults and secure boot disabled and booting UEFI. I was looking my WiFi card and it's not dell's dw1820a but lenovos BCM94350ZAE FRU: 00JT494. Should be almost same card, but maybe something different and that's why different behavior. I still get kernel panics sometimes on boot. If needed I can upload EFI, IOREG or whatever is needed.

Hi, in bios I loaded defaults and secure boot disabled and booting UEFI. I was looking my WiFi card and it's not dell's dw1820a but lenovos BCM94350ZAE FRU: 00JT494. Should be almost same card, but maybe something different and that's why different behavior. I still get kernel panics sometimes on boot. If needed I can upload EFI, IOREG or whatever is needed.

Thanks...will let you know. Honestly, I'm at a loss as to why my bluetooth suddenly worked Friday last week when I reverted my EFI to his June 7th release and then stopped as suddenly yesterday. After a few reboots, I noticed my wifi was off too so that's when I looked at my bios and sure enough, changes were made that I did not do. So that's one puzzle ie what caused those changes?!

Given my settings (that matter) match yours and other documentation, I guess I'll update to 10.15.6 and disable BrcmPatchRam3.kext. Hoping that will get me to a working state.

Out of curiosity, is your EFI exactly as Sniki's latest? I see some conflicting references from the OC vanilla guide compared to his. My drivers folder only has 3 items ie HfsPlus, OpenCanopy, and OpenRuntime. I've taken everything else out out and built the config.plist to reflect that. Did you keep everything from his drivers folder? The OC guide says all the rest are for older chipsets if I'm reading it correctly (which is debatable)! ;-)

Hello again, I was wandering if, for the HD4600+730M nvidia t440p, i should do extra steps to disable my nvidia, as written on the official oc guide or if it's already disabled in your settings... thanks in advance for you reply!

Hello again, I was wandering if, for the HD4600+730M nvidia t440p, i should do extra steps to disable my nvidia, as written on the official oc guide or if it's already disabled in your settings... thanks in advance for you reply!

Yes, you'll need to disable all non-iGPUs, in order to do so,
please add boot-args -wegnoegpu under NVRM in your config.plist,
i.e. -rtsx_mimic_linux -wegnoegpu

1595528320567.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back