Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo ThinkPad T440

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @Sniki
Today I tried to create a bootable installer to do fresh install of Mojave.
Have been creating the USB according to the guide with the newest version of Clover and sets of kext and drivers according to your guide.
Clover booted from USB, select Install from USB, but then it stuck on Apple Boot Logo forever, without even the progress bar showing.
I attach my EFI folder on boot disk. I use newest Clover, v4972.
What is wrong?

PS: any chance your Mojave guide up and running? :angel:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 168
Hello @Sniki
Today I tried to create a bootable installer to do fresh install of Mojave.
Have been creating the USB according to the guide with the newest version of Clover and sets of kext and drivers according to your guide.
Clover booted from USB, select Install from USB, but then it stuck on Apple Boot Logo forever, without even the progress bar showing.
I attach my EFI folder on boot disk. I use newest Clover, v4972.
What is wrong?

PS: any chance your Mojave guide up and running? :angel:
Unfortunately i figured out some major changes (even though the latest were) i still figured out much more optimizations that i have to do and therefore the guide posting stopped there, don't worry i will hopefully post the guide later today if time permits.

Unfortunately i figured out some major changes (even though the latest were) i still figured out much more optimizations that i have to do and therefore the guide posting stopped there, don't worry i will hopefully post the guide later today if time permits.

Thanks.
Will wait for your guide then. To understand why my EFI booter does not fly.

Your ioreg shows no WiFi on the PCIe bus.
Might be defective hardware.
Verify your hardware works in Windows first.

Hello @RehabMan @Sniki

I would like to revert back to your comment on my issue WiFi card not detected but BT detected on my Thinkpad T440 using DW1560 WiFi card.
I tested today the DW1560 card in Windows, and found the following:
1. Only BT module BCM20702A0 detected in Windows Device Manager.
2. In "Other Devices", no device instances with VendorID 14e4 and DeviceID 43b1 (refers to BCM94352) found.
3. Looking further into BCM20702A0, the HardwareID shows VendorID 0489 and DeviceID E07A.
4. Looking from BCM94352Z Wiki screenshot below, 0489:E07A belongs to Lenovo.

Is this what makes the WiFi not detected (having VDI & PDI of Lenovo)? Or is it just means the WiFi card is defective? Or is it something with my BIOS whitelist? I already re-flash my BIOS with no-whitelist version.

Thanks for any advise.

Edit: I just realized one more thing I can do, which is to install the Dell card on a desktop PC (GA-Z270 motherboard) therefore no whitelist whatsoever and see if IORegistry of macOS shows the WiFi card. I will see if this works out, one step toward determining a faulty card.

Last edited:
Saw your guide for T440s, which inside include some recommendation on WiFi card. I am buying a new airport card with adapter, see if this can solve my problematic WiFi.
Will follow thebguide for my T440.
Thanks a lot for your great work.

Whenever a major macOS update comes out, first steps before update are:
- Update Clover to latest version
- Update kexts that you use from each kext site/source to latest available versions
- Check my Repository for any changes for that (should be easy on github, you can check each commit and changes).
- Now you update

Today I tried installing 10.14.5 on my T440 using the files for T440 in your Github. Almost everything works, except the audio.
Wondering if the files need some update to use with 10.14.5?

After a bit of time, I was able to get Mojave installed but I'm also experiencing sound not working even after trying to install it.

Are there any ideas to fix it yet?
CC @Sniki

After a bit of time, I was able to get Mojave installed but I'm also experiencing sound not working even after trying to install it.

Are there any ideas to fix it yet?
CC @Sniki
Did you play with many BIOS setting beforehand? I did, and it seems like some of my setting was a mess. Try reset your BIOS to factory default, and then set the specific BIOS for Hackintosh, i.e. the security chip, etc.
My audio works after reset BIOS to default.
Hope it helps.

Alright, so I made a small bit of progress with my Audio troubles.

@soeryobadja I did attempt your BIOS resetting although no luck

but Because I've ran out of ideas, I decided to pop the original SSDT-T440 file that was used for the HS guide in and I was able to get sound. only problem is the trackpad is horrible when trying to use it on that SSDT.

The one on the github will still not give me any sound, I'm so confused as to why and I really don't want to be tampering with adding stuff into my file because I'm really stupid when it comes to SSDT modifications and such.

I will post a problem reporting post soon, but in the meantime, has anybody had issues with the laptop just getting stuck with the spinning beach ball of death? Also, having some graphics issues when connecting with a external monitor: managed to get a report on the Intel HD panicking and when in use, the screen flickers with static with around 15 second intervals.

Many thanks to Sniki and everybody, this "Macbook" is an awesome machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back